home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 71904 times)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #350 on: October 15, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
I just came here to say that I will probably flunk this month's goals, I have been an utter wreck so far this month.

I have to say though, Padre, those are some seriously good-looking cavalryskeletons. They might just be a bunch of flat colours at point blank range, but very impactful at tabletop range, if your farther-out photos are any indication.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #351 on: October 15, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »
Photos hide the truth. There are two to three shades of colour layered on the green and the red. Just not very clear in the photos. I am not anything like an expert photographer - I just click away until something seems to come out ok.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #352 on: October 15, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »
Another model done! The most Empirish of the lot, probably This is the Griffon Legion standard bearer from MOM Miniatures. Not the crispest of castings or the neatest of paint jobs, but significant WOW! factor from an affordable model, I think.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2018, 07:03:51 AM »
Gorgeous. Perhaps the very dictionary definition of the word!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2018, 01:04:45 AM »
That's a gorgeous banner bearer Shadespyre!

As for myself I wish to slightly alter my goals for this month as I have become interested in forming a small LoTR warband as well to play with some friends. I have quite a few leftover models from a few years back and with the addition of some cavalry I can already field a sizeable Serpent Horde army. As we all know an unpainted army angers the dice Gods so rather than 40 boyz I wish to paint 30 boyz and 7 Harad warriors for this month.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »
If anyone fancies that standard bearer, take a look over here

https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas-fantasia/hijos-del-grifo/

They make a whole bunch of other miniatures (Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Chaos) aimed at 9th Age / WHFB, well worth a look.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
I got out my Lion Rampant Medieval figures ... including my 6 mounted crossbows ... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

Updating October Goals

Padre ... 10 skeleton knights.
Shadespyre ... 2 of 8 Empire-ish miniatures.
Fimbrethil ... prepare 2 busts and convert at least one of them
Castozor ... 30 Ork boyz, 7 Harad warriors.
023 ... Mounted General, Standard Bearer, Shaman, Hero on foot, Unit of 16 half orc warriors, unit of 19 half-orc warriors.
Irishzero ... 4 handgunners, 10 archers, 1 unit of knights.
Konrad ... make and base coat 25 halberdiers, Colonel and Lieutenant Colonel, base coat 25 more halberdiers, 3 demigryph knights.
GP ... 6 mounted crossbows.

(Completed items bolded.)
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »
If anyone fancies that standard bearer, take a look over here

https://www.momminiaturas.com/miniaturas-fantasia/hijos-del-grifo/

They make a whole bunch of other miniatures (Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Chaos) aimed at 9th Age / WHFB, well worth a look.
Wow, thanks for sharing the link to these!  Hadn't seen them before.

The halberdiers look like they'd make excellent Spaniards Estalians!  I'd probably paint them in red, yellow, and black.  And at 10 euros for 10 figures, seems like a steal to me, but I'm trying to be good, maybe for Xmas.

The orcs look very good!  As do the Bretonnian style spearsmen!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
Scaling back, I'm hoping to finish just the one unit of 16 by the end of the month... :-(

(Progress shots on my own plog/thread)

Maybe I'll get painting time next month.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #359 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
Yeah, looks like I won't get much done either this month. Managed to find a buyer for my entire 40k Imperial Guard collection, need to pack down the whole lot. Then, need to sort and organize all the greenskins I've bought on the cheap, and break down my Dark Elf boxes into bitz to reduce the space they take up.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
Yeah, looks like I won't get much done either this month. Managed to find a buyer for my entire 40k Imperial Guard collection, need to pack down the whole lot. Then, need to sort and organize all the greenskins I've bought on the cheap, and break down my Dark Elf boxes into bitz to reduce the space they take up.

I think I came across a bunch of ork shields. I’ll post a pic and their yours for postage if you like.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2018, 01:16:56 AM »
Not only do I have my 6 mounted crossbowmen sitting on my painting desk now, I also have my 5 knights for the Order of the Gold Lion, along with the Mercenary Captain on horse, this latter figure only sold singly thru a blister pack, if I recall.

My 5 knights for the Order of the Gold Lion have been painted ready for the table top for years, and I've been using them (along with the Merc Capt.) as a unit of German Knights to go with my Lion Rampant German army, along with the 6 mostly painted mounted crossbowmen.  However, I'd like to fine tune the Order of the Gold Lion figures.  And finish deciding on how to paint the Merc. Capt.

I've delayed finishing the Merc. Capt. because of my indecisiveness on what colors to use.  I'm contemplating the same color yellow as the Golden Lions, and because of the older style helmet, maybe he'll be a leftover from the days of Olde Solland.

Hark!  It won't be long before the acrylic paints will be cracked open again!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
The 6 almost ride again!
Yay!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Judging by the "Mounted Crossbowmen" Saga surely this is more likely ………………….

Hark!  It won't be long before the acrylic paints will be cracked!

:biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
 :icon_lol: :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:  Good one Midaski!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
😺👆
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2018, 11:49:56 PM »
Huzzah to everyone elses adventurers.

I've done nothing painting wise this month, but I was able to build some stuff! Built some old ungol horse archers (Boy have I forgotten how unpleasant it can be to work with metal pieces sometimes. Especially without good glue.)

I'm hoping to do some stuff this weekend and finish my month off with a bang. So my goals for October are;

Gankom: Carve Pumpkin. (Its not cheating!) Touch up 5 marauders, finish chaos standard.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2018, 02:46:53 AM »
Woohoo! I finished the 16 hob-half-orcs.

With a few days to spare, I may get one or two of the heroes painted, if I can get past being stuck on color choices.

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2018, 07:01:46 AM »
@zero: looks awesome! Cool unit.

I had one of those months where time just fell short due to work and to much activities on weekends. So painting wise I fell short this month unfortunately.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »
Yeah, looks like the sum total of what I will manage to get done this month is here.

Colonel Ernst Adlerhof has been built at least. Low-quality mobile phone camera photos por favor:

Greatsword stashed away on back, mace of command raised to give orders. He was elected to lead, not to read commissioned to command, not to personally wreck face.

Something else I was working on but will be resumed next month, something for which I just recently received some nice much needed bitz from Zygmund. Anyone want to guess what it is about?

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2018, 06:26:35 PM »
Also, I decided that Karl Franz is a brand of luxury designer armaments in the Empire of Sonnstahl. That's why the brand name is everywhere.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2018, 12:08:03 AM »
Also, I decided that Karl Franz is a brand of luxury designer armaments in the Empire of Sonnstahl. That's why the brand name is everywhere.

That is the funniest thing I've read in a while!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #372 on: October 30, 2018, 06:18:59 PM »
Despite vast amounts of work-type homework to do, I managed to put together the house Zygmund sent me.

Thanks Zygmund. It was nice not to be working with a wooden box and scratchbuilding the usual way, but instead to have a loverly kit (Venetian House) with railings and windows all made to fit.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #373 on: October 30, 2018, 06:34:21 PM »
 :icon_eek: :icon_biggrin:

Who makes that kit :icon_question:

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #374 on: October 30, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
I know I’ve set an end of year target rather than a monthly one but have decided to give an update just to keep me on track.

I planned to do 16 figures per month and have exceeded that target this month. Some were just rebasing with a touch up to feet, etc. but at least they are done.

Once the figures are all painted I’ll be having another rethink about their positions on the base/movement trays and then I’ll add some vegetation and other debris – can’t just have plain brown cobble stones.

My target is now to complete the bases as well by the end of the year.