home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 71908 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #450 on: December 11, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
Padre will be ok, 023  - he said Light Horse … and bows ………..

……………..NOT Crossbows  :engel: 
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #451 on: December 11, 2018, 01:28:26 PM »
Nearly finished my orc unit - okay, I went for the easy option of the 10 crossbowmen.

Setting myself the goal of a unit of sword orcs next.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
I edited the last post for Novmber goals to include Castozor's and Gankhom's newest completions, ... and it's on to December!

2018 is almost over!

December Tally of Goals ...

023 ... 8 Skeletal infantry, 2 bolt throwers plus 4 skeletal crew, one catapult plus 3 skeletal crew, 2 undead heroes, 5 more skeletal infantry.
Irishzero ... finish 14 knights, 1 Ogre, start warwagon.
Padre ... 14 Bretonnian Mercenary light horsemen.
Shadespyre ... finish 4 test orcs, 10 crossbow orcs, regiment of sword orcs.
Gankom ... 1 Brazen Claws space marine.
GP ... 6 mounted crossbowmen (the saga continues ... lol).

(Completed items bolded.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:30:04 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2018, 04:25:45 PM »
I wish it were 10, GP, but I'm trying for 14 (having got a box of 12 and having found two old figures in blisters in my boxes.)
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Ok, fixed it!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2018, 09:20:33 PM »
Ok, they're kit-bashed (so that nearly all are carrying bow, spear, shield and quiver) and glued. I have 5 days, during which I have RL work to do too, and the game to prep for Monday.

I don't think I'm gonna make this.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:23:57 PM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2018, 10:44:38 PM »
5....days.......yipes!
I recommend a bottle of good scotch and an ounce of coke and it’s possible 😸
(Actually I don’t recommend either. Maybe some scotch)
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2018, 12:15:58 AM »
If anyone can.... good luck with those, Padre!

Here are my 10 Orcs with crossbows (this includes one of the 4 "Test Orcs" by the way)

Some of the clothing colours are maybe a little bright but overall I'm pretty happy. I've got about 50 more of these based and undercoated ready to go, so I hope I feel the same way after I've done another unit....

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
The spears them horsemen are carrying look long.

The crossbow orcs look good! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »
I'm done with my December goal.  :mrgreen:

Individual pics are on my plog, I'll see if i can take a group pic in the next day or two.

Going to busy with one more work trip for the year  :icon_rolleyes: and then the holidays (during which time I will also be working  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_rolleyes: ) but I may try to set myself an additional goal for the month.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #460 on: December 12, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
Backward steps for me. I tried some techniques to speed my painting and they've gone wrong. As in ruined some figures. Sheesh!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:19:42 PM by Padre »

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #461 on: December 13, 2018, 01:51:26 AM »
Sounds like a bummer, Padre.

December Tally of Goals ...

023 ... 8 Skeletal infantry, 2 bolt throwers plus 4 skeletal crew, one catapult plus 3 skeletal crew, 2 undead heroes, 5 more skeletal infantry.
Irishzero ... finish 14 knights, 1 Ogre, start warwagon.
Padre ... 14 Bretonnian Mercenary light horsemen.
Shadespyre ... finish 4 test orcs, 10 crossbow orcs, regiment of sword orcs.
Gankom ... 1 Brazen Claws space marine.
GP ... 6 mounted crossbowmen (the saga continues ... lol).

(Completed items bolded.)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2018, 05:16:23 AM »
Deadcember as of 12/12/118

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #463 on: December 13, 2018, 01:12:16 PM »
Congrats! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #464 on: December 14, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
I think I might make it - I might have these finished by Monday morning. BUT the trouble is I have to get the game ready too - scenery, layout, lists, tidy my gaming room (cellar) etc etc. Aaargh! Still, it's good to have deadlines.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #465 on: December 16, 2018, 12:50:08 PM »
So close ...

Army lists sorted and sent to players. (Lots of campaign rules at play - casualty recovery, reinforcements bought with supply points, etc). New ruined wall/tower sections just need a quick dab of paint. All I have to do is base these figures, set up the table, and get the armies out!

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #466 on: December 16, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
Looking very good! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #467 on: December 16, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »
So close ...
Army lists sorted and sent to players. (Lots of campaign rules at play - casualty recovery, reinforcements bought with supply points, etc). New ruined wall/tower sections just need a quick dab of paint. All I have to do is base these figures, set up the table, and get the armies out!

Well done on making the deadline.

Have to ask though, do your players do ANYTHING for themselves? You seem to be spoiling them rotten!

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #468 on: December 16, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
Have to ask though, do your players do ANYTHING for themselves? You seem to be spoiling them rotten!

This!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #469 on: December 16, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
My 6 players have 6, sometimes very, different approaches. Two will send very highly detailed orders and questions, two have gone so far as to work with me in joint creation of the stories. Four have their own armies, two borrow mine. Two send very brief orders indeed, but then will go into several pages of back and forth like a roleplaying session when required. One I meet in the local pub to discuss reports and orders, another lives 300 miles away. Most are long term wargamers, one only got into WFB through my campaigns. Several might well have given up entirely on the hobby and sold off their models (due to AoS) if it wasn't for this 'forever' campaign.

Two players use only their own figures, two use their figures and mine, two rely on my figures altogether. But umpteen NPC realms and forces are wholly my figures.

In this particular instance, however, the amount of work I have done derives mostly from the fact that the Dwarfs and Bretonnians are NPC forces, and so I have to provide everything. And the scenery is my responsibility too. The player commanding the NPCs is helping me out by doing so, allowing me to concentrate on GMing, note-taking and photographing for the reports. None of his own troops are present, but this way players get more games in. Of course, all my players play to win even when they're controlling NPC forces, although sometimes in the secret background notes I give them there are other priorities too!

It's ... complicated.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #470 on: December 17, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
You know what - now I am retired, I am really tempted to move to Yorkshire ……………………   :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #471 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
You know what - now I am retired, I am really tempted to move to Yorkshire ……………………   :biggriin:

Yorkshire pudding is reason enough for moving 🥮
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #472 on: December 17, 2018, 01:07:26 PM »
Ah, not quite as bad as I feared, at least some of them are providing some of their own miniatures! I guess as long as you enjoy it, it's worth all the work.  :icon_biggrin:

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #473 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:28 PM »
Hi Padre ... seems like your system is working, and that is what counts.  Because people are different, these kinds of efforts require an accepting, balanced, and consistent approach.  Your involvement in the hobby is wonderful, and enriches folks experiences beyond just the realm of 6 players that you have participating.  I hope one day to visit your area, and be able to see the figures and scenery in reality, suspect it would be awesome.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #474 on: December 17, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
It'd be cool to play a game against you, GP, but I think you would be somewhat underwhelmed by the cramped cellar in which I attempt to play the games! For a start, if you're over 5'10" tall then you couldn't even stand straight up!! But hey ho, we make do with what we have!!

I ran the game today, and it was both interesting and fun. I have notes and pictures and over the xmas holidays I will sort out the prequel, report and sequel.

This also means I managed to achieve my goal to complete the new Brabanzon horse. A rush job, but I am satisfied with them.

Fireforge mounted sergeants, modified so that each has shield, spear, bow and quiver.

Some have spears in the hands and the bows strapped to their horses ...

Others have bows (wrapped in linen or unwrapped) with their spears in pouch like things ...

(Although a couple don't have spears). The last two are old GW models, converted with bows packed away. (One having a much shorter spear just because he thinks the long ones are silly!) ...