home

Author Topic: First Post!  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
First Post!
« on: June 01, 2003, 03:11:11 AM »
Well Well Well,  what have we here?  

could it be Forums!?!

Everybody should thank Joseph Bugman of Bugmans Brewery Fame for building the forums.

As you can see the Dwarf/Empire alliance crosses over into the real world as well.

-Grutch

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2003, 02:03:44 PM »
Bugman rocks!  Thanks for his help in getting the forum up and running!
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline Bugman

• Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 01:06:14 PM »
Hi,

I hope this is what you guys wanted, let me know if you have any problems etc :)

Bugman
http://Http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The oldest, largest &  most informative Dwarf Website in the old world

Offline Bugman

• Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 12:41:26 PM »
Hi,

I would just like to add that Avatars are now fully working!

Bugman
http://Http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The oldest, largest &  most informative Dwarf Website in the old world

Offline IH8Skaven

• Members
First Post!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 03:38:37 AM »
Hmmm... Something about these surroundings feel sooo familiar.  :wink:

Excellent job Bugman.  Much thanks.

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
First Post!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 08:22:14 AM »
At last! A fully-empire forum...

Offline Albrecht von Hinkel

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2003, 09:04:33 PM »
Finally the forum is up!!! Been waiting a long time for this...

Thought this was a great opportunity to tell you guys (Grutch and Atchman) what a great site this is.. Those empire tactics have been really useful for me when fighting with my army. Keep 'em comin!

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
First Post!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 02:37:55 PM »
Im impressed with all these great tactics and different perspectives on how to field an empire army. Keep it up.  

I could do with some general advice on how to defeat nurlge based armys at only 1000 pts. i hate those damn nuglings and exaulted demon heros that seem harder than our fairly mostest lords.  any tips?
Citizen Erased

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 02:57:47 PM »
Quote from: squig87
Im impressed with all these great tactics and different perspectives on how to field an empire army. Keep it up.  

I could do with some general advice on how to defeat nurlge based armys at only 1000 pts. i hate those damn nuglings and exaulted demon heros that seem harder than our fairly mostest lords.  any tips?

The secret to beating the usually slow Nurgle armies is maneuver.  Marchblock them with a unit of pistoliers, huntsmen, battle captain on pegasus and shoot them up.  

The Nurglings are annoying, perhaps free company, led by a Warrior Priest?  Lots of swings!  Of course a Hellblaster but at 1000 pts that is a lot to use in your army.  

For the Exalted Demon, Van Hoorstman's Speculum, with a Great Weapon and some sort of magic armor is a good choice.  Cannons are the best choice:)  A ranked unit and challenging with your champion should see him off fairly easily.  

If you have either some other sort of bound spells or a magic user, consider the Orb of Thunder to keep him from flying.  

One game I had two units of pistoliers against my friends Nurgle army.  I just walked behind them the entire game and shot them up!  

Others?  Do you have a general list of what he uses?  A big demon in a 1000 pt army is going to be hard to stop.  You pretty much have to just pick one of these strategies and go with it and hope.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 04:44:36 PM »
What I usually do to get rid of those nasty nasty big brutes is;

1. Van Horstmann's Speculum
2. Great Weapon
3. Armour of Meteoric Iron
4. Holy Relic

but with only a hero character I'd go with Van Horsmann, Great Weapon and Full Plate Armour. But shoot him with the cannon is the best.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2003, 09:17:30 PM »
Hey folks, spread the word about the forum.  I hate spamming up the other forums so much to get the word out.  Its better if it comes from someone else.

Thanks to you all for being here!

atchman

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2003, 09:26:35 PM »
Way ahead of you   ;)

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
First Post!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 07:39:59 PM »
hey its such a great website. cheers for the advice. i always take cannons if i know that my opposition are taking nasties. but often i find that i have only 1 turn to shoot with them as i get unfortunate with them ( thank god for the lore of heavens though ). i had the speculum in mind, its always fun to kill the huge  guys with that.

cheers dudes
Citizen Erased

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
First Post!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 05:41:35 PM »
Thank you for all the compliments.  Hang tight we have some good changes coming!

-Grutch

Bendy

First Post!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 07:19:13 PM »
Well Grutch, I hope this site blossoms into a huge success! Alessio himself already knows about this site so I guess he can spread his influence :wink:

• Members
First Post!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 09:06:31 PM »
THE Alessio?

Offline Moves

• Members
Good show!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 11:03:03 PM »
Well, I'm glad somebody got this done. Sorry it couldn't have been me Grutch.  :P

Good to see you at Gamesday.

Moves

Bendy

First Post!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 11:51:07 AM »
Quote from: Albrecht von Hinkel
THE Alessio?

The one and only!

He talked to him at Games Day and Alessio said to him "YOUR the guy who made that website?!?!"

Offline Totmacher

• Members
First Post!
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2003, 07:31:09 AM »
Hello, all. I'd just like to thank Bugman, Grutch, and Atchman for making this fine site.

Cheers

Vaul

First Post!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 01:44:28 AM »
Good luck with the forums Grutchy; I'm sure with all the people coming here to read Vauls Vault, the forums will be a great sucsess. ;)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
First Post!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2003, 07:40:23 PM »
Ah yet another board for me to have to check regularly along with WPS and Bugmans.

And show up in chat more often Grutch, bit of a ghost chatroom consisting of mainly El and I.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan