home

Author Topic: A Warhammer Streaming Service  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
A Warhammer Streaming Service
« on: June 24, 2021, 05:54:20 PM »
Honestly pretty surprised to see no chatter here about the new Warhammer Streaming Service thats been announced. Its going to have a ton of GW made shows (both animated and live action), collecting all the youtube fan made (and now GW employed) shows like Astartes, new painting and lore videos. Put also a ton of other material. Apps for both 40k and AoS, archive of previous White Dwarfs and other out of date books and more.

I have to say, I've been following the story since they first previewed it ages ago and was expecting garbage, but its certainly better/more then that. I'm not exactly mind blown but its something.

Warhammer+ is set to be one of the biggest things to ever happen to the Warhammer hobby, and today we’re going to blow the lid off it and tell you everything!

In short, with a Warhammer+ subscription you’ll get:

A wealth of Warhammer animation
Weekly in-house Warhammer hobby shows
A digital vault of classic Warhammer publications and White Dwarf issues
Full access to Warhammer Apps (that’s Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with more to come!)
Premium access to our official events
Exclusive subscriber offers
A free exclusive Citadel miniature worth at least £25* every year
Access to a second exclusive subscriber miniature
Warhammer+ launches on the 25th of August** and is only £4.99/$5.99 (USD)* a month – or just £49.99/$59.99 (USD)* when you take advantage of an annual subscription.

There's two models specially available to. If you sign up for a years subscription you get one free *on the anniversary of your years subscription*, and can buy the second one. New models every year.

I'm pretty interested in seeing what they do with their so called Loremasters show.

Loremasters is the official Warhammer lore show, presented by experts. Each episode dives into the rich worlds of Warhammer and lifts the lid on the iconic characters, locations, and events that have defined Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar from the beginning.

The full article is below:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/23/warhammer-is-unmissable-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: A Warhammer Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:43:35 PM »
Seems like a good bit of content for $5.99 USD per month.  I might sign up for it.

I like that 40K sniper figure, and the orc looks more like an ork than an orc, obviously quite convertible.

However, not sure I'd use the ... channel? ... much.  Not even sure I have the right word there. :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
I have to admit the trailers and shorts I've seen previewed on WarCom do look pretty good, there's one about Blood Angels that's entirely black & white & red, some of the other stuff looks interesting too. Only problem is I just don't think I'm really all that bothered! Certainly not chomping at the bit to sign up, but then I don't sit and watch a huge amount of streamed content full stop, be it YouTube, Netflix, Amazon etc. we watch 1 or 2 things and that's about it. Not sure I'd ever get the most out of it even if it's only a few £££ a month.

The Vindicare Assassin looks awesome but I feel like it needs the rest of the statue! :-P There's just a SoB bust (can I say that?) hovering a couple of metres off the ground! I'd love to see somebody get hold of it and whack it on top of an appropriately enormous terrain piece to do it justice. Would look great as a vignette mind you, then the context doesn't make much difference I guess. Orky boy I'm sure is great too, I just hate the yellow colour scheme and can never take them seriously. Looking past that I'm sure he'd be a great mini.

Very interesting that there'll be an exclusive mini on the anniversary of your subscription. Worth £25 so near enough half of your annual subscription pays for a mini and the other half is for your content. Overall doesn't look like a bad offer from GW, quite unusually for them it has to be said! I wonder if they can keep up with the demand though or will it fizzle out after the big blockbuster launch?...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 01:33:19 PM »
I’m in.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »
I have a lot of the same thoughts Jmash! I'm pretty on the fence, I get most of my watching content other ways anyway, but I am tempted by the Assassin. First thing I'd probably do thought and put him on a different, smaller pace and turn the...heh... bust into a scenery piece.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »
I'd do the same thing Gankom describes with the the sniper dude and the scenery structure.  If I sign up.  And I'd 40k-ifi the Orc into an Ork!

So when they say "streaming", are they talking about one shot deals to see something?  Like maybe similar to going to a movie theater at a certain time to see a film, but if I don't go, then I'd have to catch it on video at a later date.  Or maybe it is like signing up and having a menu of choices to pick for watching at my own leisure.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 10:22:06 PM »
Its essentially just Netflix, the warhammer version. You can sign up and you have full access to it for as long as your subscribed. Can watch it as many times as you want, whenever you want, just can't download it to own forever.

That means you likely do need an internet connection to watch it, because its "streaming" to you. Like watching a youtube video, just longer, better quality and off someone elses site.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 10:42:26 PM »
Seems good! :icon_cool: