home

Author Topic: Legacy Army PDFs  (Read 726 times)

Offline b0007452

• Members
Legacy Army PDFs
« on: January 22, 2024, 06:18:08 PM »
GW have just dropped the legacy army PDFs, available to download for free here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/22/old-world-almanack-download-the-legacy-pdfs-here/

Relatively well fleshed out to be honest, compared to what I thought they may all get. No idea how balanced they’ll be compared to the fully released armies, but I’m sure that will all become clear with some water running under the bridge.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Legacy Army PDFs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 06:48:41 PM »
I've skimmed through most of the army lists and things actually seem pretty decent. They HAVE cut down on a bunch of options from before, Vampires don't have nearly as much in the way of blood lines, but as an early index style army list its all pretty solid.

I hope it stays solid because they seem pretty firm in not having plans to update or balance any of it going forward.

Of course, if Old World does REALLY good, I think we can expect to see a New World expansion in 5 or 6 years that brings a lot of the legacy armies back.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 07:14:35 PM »
Ha!  Ya beat me to posting this, congrats! :::cheers::: :icon_lol:

And I agree with Gankom ... GW will return to at least some of these further down the line further down the line if the Old World does well enough.

:icon_arrow: :icon_arrow: :icon_arrow: Also, I'm thinking of switching up the 3 sub-catagories that I put at the top of this area in 2023, and have them instead be the Forces of Fantasy, Ravening Hordes, and Legacy Armies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 07:17:14 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 09:43:40 PM »
I think that would work better. Although I wouldn't be quite as concerned about it till they start getting some steady traffic. But as organization, I think that works better then current.

Offline Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 06:03:54 AM »
Nice to see Skaven that aren't Ld 10.

I agree on the sub categories thing.
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 10:57:04 AM »
And no more skaven slaves. I ALWAYS hated slave units. Giant Rats should serve that purpose instead IMO.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 01:24:28 PM »
... :icon_arrow: :icon_arrow: :icon_arrow: Also, I'm thinking of switching up the 3 sub-catagories that I put at the top of this area in 2023, and have them instead be the Forces of Fantasy, Ravening Hordes, and Legacy Armies.

I think that would work better. Although I wouldn't be quite as concerned about it till they start getting some steady traffic. But as organization, I think that works better then current.

Nice to see Skaven that aren't Ld 10.

I agree on the sub categories thing.

As soon as I get a free moment, this will be done.  My sense is if this is set up now, then it makes it easier for those coming to the site to connect on what GW has already established.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 01:42:32 PM »
Also, since the first post of this thread has the link for to the GW article with the Legacy Armies PDFs, this thread is being stuck to the top of the Legacy Armies forum area.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 11:41:32 PM »
Legacy Army PDFs have been updated as of April 9 2024 ...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/the-old-world-downloads/

... along with the rule book, ravening hordes, and fantasy forces.