home

Author Topic: Frostgrave  (Read 132604 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Frostgrave
« Reply #650 on: March 08, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
It is up for pre-order on Amazon already and perhaps the cards won't be carried directly by Amazon unlike the books. Probably be the same problem as with the miniatures which I find cheaper to buy from the UK than buy here in the states, $22 for on the of plastic boxes from the UK and $35 here sometimes more.

It's retaliation for what we pay for Nike trainers and CDs in the UK  :engel:

Of course once we have done the trade deal with "Donald" all will be sweetness and light - cheap sweetness and light.  :closed-eyes:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #651 on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:37 PM »
So I was trying to adapt a Facebook find "Rise of the Liche Lord" and forgot to check this forum first.

Does anyone have a scenario list from Thaw of the Liche Lord?  Rufus got me through 6.  I expect that the guy doing the adapting didn't have ship models because he left out my (forgotten) favorite scenario Frozen Shore.

I know of these scenarios from Rufus:
Total Eclipse

Frozen shore

Loot the cart

Storm of Undeath

Run of the Rangifier

House of Longreach

He also skipped the Rangifier one which doesn't bother me much.  Wondering what comes next though. 

And still missing battle reports. Mine are here:
http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8809p25-another-winter-in-mordheim#132939
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #652 on: April 04, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
So I have been enjoying this last year on the bash and I think it will happen this year again, but besides the core rule book what should I order from the site?
My list had a captain so I guess I should also get the Sellsword expansion, but as epub or PDF? (I think I rather have a printed version so PDF is better?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:33:46 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #653 on: April 04, 2017, 08:17:19 PM »
Still haven't bought into this game yet.  I watched one at a convention recently, and couldn't get into it.  I was disappointed, yet wondering if perhaps it was just how the game was being run.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #654 on: April 04, 2017, 08:37:55 PM »
Come on GP, where is your adventurist spirit?

Have to try everything once at least.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #655 on: April 05, 2017, 01:32:45 AM »
Who said I wouldn't?  Part of it doesn't have to do with what was most recently seen, but instead a s explained previously. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #656 on: April 05, 2017, 03:10:38 AM »
Played my first game today, finally. Failed to cast every spell I tried with both my wizard and my apprentice. Started the game outnumbering my opponent, ended with only two guys standing, while he only lost two. Still, it was a draw, because we played the genie scenario and when he killed my guy carrying my third treasure he picked it up and it was the genie. I had chased off most of his other guys with my knight, and dropped a fellow with my crossbowman, and when the genie killed that guy I was the only one with models on the table, so the game ended in a draw! He got 410 xp though. :/ I got 150.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #657 on: April 26, 2017, 10:56:18 PM »
I've only played the game a couple of times, but some of my friends are really into it, have played dozens of games and no sign of stopping.

Me being me, I've started doing a bunch of modelling for it but not yet played any games with the models...

My FG thread is over here:

http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/frostgrave-adventures-in-the-frozen-city.30848/#post-446367

Offline nagash

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/modelbrush/
« Reply #658 on: April 23, 2018, 03:31:20 PM »
Hi!

We're playing our second Frostgrave's campaign. This time, we're using numbered cards for each turn to discover different events (as "build your own story books).

Some photos of our games (we built two complete scenearios for Feldstad):

Cheers

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #659 on: April 23, 2018, 04:15:01 PM »
Looks like a good board and I like the idea of cards to make a story like that!

I also like seeing those bridges/ramps from the hobbit set being used like that. I had a similar idea to use them like that, but havn't got around to painting them yet.

Offline Il Condottiero

• Members
  • Crying Havoc since 1992!
« Reply #660 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »
I've been using Frostgrave on some RPG events as the wargaming annex guy, and people are really digging it. Am yet to play any real campaigns so far.

This is a three-way match between a Chronomancer, Elementalist and Necromancer.

So we had this event tied to the afrodescendant movement here in Brazil, regarding african cultures and consciousness. It's part of a larger project where we use RPG and wargames for teaching young people - as a History masters I have been stirring them to historical wargames, but fantasy wargaming holds both mine and students' interests in general greatly.

This warband was made to suit such event. I've taken into the west african 'bardic' tradition of the djeli/griot, storytellers and musicians/singer poets who often served as their culture's memory-keepers, historians and political advisors as well as teachers. And more - in their folklore, magical musical instruments are very common themes. Hence! I did this griot wizard, currently fielding him as a Chronomancer, and his warband inspired on Mali legends.

And here, facing some necromancers!
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #661 on: December 10, 2018, 07:58:02 PM »
I think they look brilliant, and the idea of it sounds great as well.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
Liking those figures! :::cheers:::

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #663 on: January 20, 2019, 05:16:22 PM »
Just added a few minis to my own Frostgrave collection, which is over here:

https://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/frostgrave-adventures-in-the-frozen-city.30848/page-2#post-451825

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #664 on: January 20, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
I like 'em! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2019, 06:08:56 AM »
There is a new wizard kit made for Frostgrave, and it looks good!

• Members
« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »
Not sure if this was posted before, but got a request for the reference card at the Eurobash, so thought I would (re-)post it here. Also the wizard/warband sheets can be found here also.

https://ospreypublishing.com/gaming-resources-frostgrave

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #667 on: September 08, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
So anyone who has the 2nd edition book already, any changes on building your party? Still same kind of soldiers you can hire?

Also for 2 warbands what do you think is about optimal to have and choose from to form your warband on amount from each of those soldiers? (e.g. 4 thugs, 6 thiefs, 3 marksmen etc..)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #668 on: September 10, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
We're planning a virtual Frostgrave campaign for next month so I'll need to sit down with the 2nd edition book at some point. Unless we last minute decide to stick with 1st edition which is possible.

From what I've skimmed I like the look of marksmen, I tend to leave a group to sit back and snipe while others slowly move forward.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #669 on: September 10, 2020, 04:33:06 PM »
I picked up the first edition for free a ways back ... obviously being offered knowing that the 2nd edition was in route.  I had wanted to give this a try, yet only so much time and energy available, and got multiple projects I am currently trying to see to conclusion and sets of rules being read.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #670 on: September 24, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »

Since this is an open thread ...  :icon_mrgreen: .. Just some random stuff to read for you

At the beginning of Covid 19 I lost interest in gaming and more important building and painting.  So I called a friend and re-started our Frostgrave campaign.  Slowly I found the interest in gaming back.  Soon I am going the see how Saga works… gaming life flows again

Frostgrave battle in juni - with the old Kislevite warband members and my necromancers acting as Elementalists.

To make things more interesting we started the Maze of Malcor campaign.
Maze of Malcor 1 – the relic room
Scenario in a big hall, where you have to visit 4 display cases and the treasure to be had in these cases.

Maze of Malcor 2 – The great hall
The entire table represents the great feasting hall. Three or more dining tables should be placed in the centre of the table.

Maze of Malcor 3 – The aviary
More akin to a small jungle than a garden. Hunt for the rare Tatakaka bird.

In honour of the Frostgrave II edition we started over with our warbands (making the same warbands with the “making experienced warbands” rules in the Maze of Malcor book)   Besides making the warbands legal I also made a new warband for my elementalist wizard.

Some different things to add to the monster pool.

Maze of Malcor 4 – The furnace
The centre of the table is dominated by a 6” by 6” furnace.  The coalmen maintaining the furnace try to put everything burnable into the furnace. Rats are the only monsters encountered besides coalmen.

Maze of Malcor 5 – The gondola docks
One side of the table is the open side of the dock.  No one can leave or enter on that side. In the centre of the table are three gondola’s that float above the ground. When leaving the table in the gondola you gain it for your warband. 

Next up nr 6 - the cloister. 😉

Sofar the fun this spring and summer.
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #671 on: September 24, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
You have a knack for unique games. I miss your tank battles but that bug climbing up on the jetti is very disturbing 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

• Members
« Reply #672 on: September 25, 2020, 07:07:33 AM »
Looks realy cool, Heni! Good seing you have a fun time!

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #673 on: September 25, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »
You have a knack for unique games. I miss your tank battles but that bug climbing up on the jetti is very disturbing 😺

I like games that have a vibe to it.  If the feeling is not there I do not commit. 

That bug is one of many.  mantodeus it is called and after a 1000 years they put lots of eggs/cocoons underneath the Gondola's.   Every activation inside a Gondola off a figure would mean a dice roll 16+  and a mantodeus would pop out.  well 10 activations and 10 mantodeus later I simply rushed for the table edge...  damn critters came from every pore off these darn Gondola's  (and off course if I can steal me 2 Gondola's I steal two...)

since we only had one mantodeus (after all how many do you need)  every green critter you see is a wannabee is a mantodeus. 
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2020, 12:45:59 AM »
Very nice looking set up.