home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537549 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5150 on: February 27, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »
I really cant share it with anyone.

You just did. Can't help you, but I and many others feel for you big man.

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5151 on: March 01, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »
I know what you feel Grutch, all too well, unfortunately. Watching your dear friend waste away into nothing - yhis is a horrible thing to live through and I can't really give you any consolation. I just hope that you'll cope with your loss, better than I did.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #5152 on: March 02, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that Grutch, my heartfelt prayers go out to the both of you. :icon_frown:

This has been a really bad year for me and my family. Cars keep having more and more problems, everytime something gets fixed another thing goes out, wegot hit by storms but thankfully not the flood nearby, my distant relatives keep passing away, our refrigerator is completely out and the company is being an a$$hole about replacing it, my blind cat has taken a turn for the worse with infections in her eyes and to top it all off my sister is in the hospital with kidney problems due to an kidney stone and she only has the one kidney. :x :x :x

Ugggh, some prayers in my family's direction would be appreciated. Don't be surprised if I take a long break from this site. My sister has three daughters in the terrible twos range that I'll probably be babysitting all week. That mixed with my other duties is gonna kill any free time.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5153 on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »
That's harsh Baron. All I can say is, that I'm hoping that everything will be ok with you and your family and friends. If you'll ever want to speak, you know where to find me. Don't go through this alone.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5154 on: March 03, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
A cricketing quote " play the long game"
Our thoughts are with you mate
Take care
Guy T
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5155 on: March 04, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »
Hey Baron - you do what you need to do. Your sister is lucky to have you as her brother for sure.  We will wait for your positive contributions when you can. Don't suppose much drawing can be accomplished while attending a couple of 2 year olds but maybe can be some inspiration as your knight runs from the hydra 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #5156 on: March 04, 2017, 01:00:22 AM »
(...)

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a lot of sorrows and worries crammed into a short period.

Do drop by now and then at least; I think it might cheer you up.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #5157 on: March 08, 2017, 03:37:14 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, friends. :smile2:

Seems the worst is over as my sister finally recovered and is back to normal. My blind cat's infection went away but she may be completely blind now instead of just being able to see shadows, so she might be forced to stay in rooms instead of her free run of the house from now on.

Ended up losing a cat anyway as one of my friendly ones went to the road to see some people who broke down. :cry:

Still got a truck that's got engine problems and can't be used and my house has rats(or just extraordinarily large mice) as my cats and chicken herds killed off all the small mice. The storms and floods probably chased them towards us.(at least they ate all the cockroaches)

Refrigerator worker is coming tomorrow so hope they finally decide to replace the lemon they gave us.
(...)

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a lot of sorrows and worries crammed into a short period.

Do drop by now and then at least; I think it might cheer you up.

It's just been a bad beginning to the year all round, before this stuff happened we had constant water well problems and shut off twice which made us have to completely replace the motor and caused bacteria to turn the water black so we had to use rain water for all our animals on the ranch.

Then there was the winds and rain that ruined a large portion of our ranch feed by blowing the secured tarp off (cords finally snapped) and even felled a tree that smashed our metal fence keep in the goats penned up.

There was also alot of funerals for our distant relatives who finally succumbed to age. :-(

It's been tough.

Hey Baron - you do what you need to do. Your sister is lucky to have you as her brother for sure.  We will wait for your positive contributions when you can. Don't suppose much drawing can be accomplished while attending a couple of 2 year olds but maybe can be some inspiration as your knight runs from the hydra 😸

More like goblins, cunning and greedy little things that won't hesitate to cause trouble. Turning my back on any of them was a huge risk. :ph34r:

Hopefully the rest of this year will be better. :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5158 on: March 09, 2017, 02:12:36 AM »
That's a load of work just to get the ranch back in condition. I'm not sure about farm insurance but losing the feed fields can be a pretty devastating bill to have to buy new feed. Damnation that sounds like a years worth of bad luck rolled into a month.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5159 on: March 14, 2017, 10:28:37 AM »
Damn, that's tough Baron. I really hope that you'll pull through and get back on your feet. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya man. :happy:

Gneisenau

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #5160 on: March 20, 2017, 05:56:50 AM »
Thanks guys, really lightens the burden I have to carry knowing that you have my back. :happy:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5161 on: March 22, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »
Thanks guys, really lightens the burden I have to carry knowing that you have my back. :happy:

Always! :happy:

Gneisenau

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #5162 on: March 28, 2017, 07:48:44 AM »
Just went to a toilet in rural China. I've seen some bad ones, but this was just a concrete trough in the floor with a couple of dividers up top so when you squat over it you don't see the guy crapping in front of you. It had no running water, for anything. The trough had mounds and mounds of faeces, and it was filled with flies. No paper, no lights, no water, just a concrete room in the dark with a trough in the floor.  :eusa_sick:

It's worth noting this was a restaurant toilet.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5163 on: March 28, 2017, 08:09:23 AM »
Just went to a toilet in rural China. I've seen some bad ones, but this was just a concrete trough in the floor with a couple of dividers up top so when you squat over it you don't see the guy crapping in front of you. It had no running water, for anything. The trough had mounds and mounds of faeces, and it was filled with flies. No paper, no lights, no water, just a concrete room in the dark with a trough in the floor.  :eusa_sick:

:icon_eek: :ph34r: :icon_neutral:

Holy shit...

Gneisenau

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5164 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
Now imagine the inside of their kitchen....
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #5165 on: March 28, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
Thankfully that was a bit cleaner. I had to walk through the kitchen to get to the toilet.

The next public toilet was at a major petrol station. This was a typical Chinese toilet, ceramic squat toilets and urinals in a well ventilated room with running water. Still covered in faeces, but much better.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5166 on: March 28, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
At least there's progress. :biggriin:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5167 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »

Christ on his throne! Pure misery.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #5168 on: March 28, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5169 on: March 31, 2017, 03:03:23 PM »
I really hate some of the stuff my brother posts on social media.  It’s all BS with little or no substance.  He is also very defensive so calling him out on it or just trying to show him that the article is incorrect brings a storm of insults and just overall disrespect.  So I stopped following him on facebook.  Every now and then I'll check on his profile just to see if there is anything new with him and his wife and child, after all he is still family.  Today I saw an article about how Trump signed a visa free travel policy for Mongolia.  His wife is from Mongolia and her family would love to visit and that would be great and they can actually meet the baby.  However I was curious (considering what he considers "fact") so I clicked on the article and read it.  There is no indication on what was signed (no executive order or bill or any kind of government document tracking number) let alone when (the article didn't even list a date of its own publication, let alone who penned the article). Not trusting this article I did a more broad search in google "trump visa free Mongolia" was the phrase I used.  Trying to be vague I expected to catch several articles with a wide net.  What came up was the same article.  All other articles were from fellow less reputable sites with the exact same article but replaced "Mongolia" with another nation or region like "South Africa" or "Caribbean" followed by snopes and hoax-alert indicating that these are false. In other words "Fake News."

I feel bad because in the comments on his Facebook post people from the wife's family and friends are excited and want to visit.  Even one of my family members questioned it at first "why would Trump do this what is there to gain."  My brother fiercely replied, indicating how Mongolia has all these natural resources and so on.  On the one hand I feel the need to set the record straight and chime in, on the other hand knowing how my brother argues over social media is it really worth it.  I suppose it does not matter as any of the Mongolian family who tries to visit will be told they need to apply for a visitor visa.  They will complain to his wife that my brother lied or was just wrong about it and things will come full circle on their own. It’s just frustrating that he does little to no research.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5170 on: March 31, 2017, 04:31:16 PM »
I got an email about my impending Vasectomy in comic sans
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5171 on: March 31, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

We can do it for free at the Bash if you like ..................................

.................... I am sure Soth can find a couple of bricks ............................  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #5172 on: March 31, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »

Well you will be sans, but hopefully not comically so.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #5173 on: April 01, 2017, 02:40:04 AM »
Nice one Finlay. Gonna have one myself in a couple of years.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5174 on: April 03, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
I just lost my cat. She's been my shadow for the past 15 years. She was old and sick. I had no other choice :icon_cry:
I don't know how many times she jumped onto the hobby bench to drink the paint water while I was painting miniatures over the years.
But my chins up; I have other things to do