home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537566 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5225 on: June 14, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
I stopped sugar on my cereal 2 years ago - I have blueberries instead  :engel:

I believe in balance - I have sugar in coffee and tea still, but I don't have desserts, or sweets.  I have lettuce or cabbage in a sandwich, an apple and grapes at lunchtime, and a variety of pasta or rice and vegetables for evening meals.

Almost every day though some new survey changes what was previously thought - saying this or that is NOW good or bad for you.

I have drunk cold milk rather than water with meals for over 50 years, and eat lots of cheese, and put salt on my meals - yet my 'pipework' is pretty good and base cholesterol is 2.8 according to my doc.  :biggriin:

My problem is really 'volume' not quality  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5226 on: June 14, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »
Blueberries! Why didn't I think of that?
I also eat a boatload of cheese and pasta but like you the doctor who did some procedure on me to check my arteries/ vein for cholesterol wound up his operation telling me to get out and stop wasting his time. Apparently I could drive a truck thru them with no cholesterol. But for sure white sugar is evil to me sand I love it so.....so GET OUT!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5227 on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »
crap performance in the cricket.

dominated first 3 games. Too pleased with themselves for knocking out Australia!

Almost exactly how they lost in 2011 world cup.
durdle to 200 odd
"oh maybe thats competetive, the pitch etc"
get smashed off in 30 odd overs.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Online Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5228 on: June 15, 2017, 12:33:08 AM »
The morons in the Australian publication industry. How the hell does anyone in my country get books published when every major firm is an expert at avoiding people :eusa_wall:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5229 on: June 17, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »
Day 4 of no more sugar in coffee, on cereal, not that I drink many soft drinks but they are now diet drinks. War on sugar has been declared and the offence continues. The hardest part is coffee without sugar.  Can't get used to the taste. Probably will just give it up as their is no pleasure now 😾
Strangely enough, I've had headaches for 3 days, just minor but I wonder if that's withdrawal lol
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #5231 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5232 on: June 21, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/shocker-daniel-day-lewis-quits-acting-exclusive/ar-BBCXAoM?ocid=spartandhp

No!  Noooooo!

But didn't he do this before? Also I should really watch Last of the Mohicans again.

He did! Was doing a stint as a cobbler when he was dragged back. Good actor though. Really picked his projects.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5233 on: June 21, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Online Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5234 on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »
There is a man in Sydney who has offered to proofread material for me for the low, low price of $1600.00 and have meetings which will cost $120.00 each :Ohmy:....Does this guy eat countache's or something? why on earth is he charging so much? If I wanted to get screwed in Sydney, I'd go to Kings cross

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5235 on: June 22, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »
There is a man in Sydney who has offered to proofread material for me for the low, low price of $1600.00 and have meetings which will cost $120.00 each :Ohmy:....Does this guy eat countache's or something? why on earth is he charging so much? If I wanted to get screwed in Sydney, I'd go to Kings cross

These prices seem a bit... excessive... :ph34r: :ph34r:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Online Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5236 on: June 22, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
@Xathrodox86
Club Minx doesn't charge that much for an hour....not that I've ever been there.....I happened to walk by once.... :blush:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5237 on: June 23, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
@Xathrodox86
Club Minx doesn't charge that much for an hour....not that I've ever been there.....I happened to walk by once.... :blush:

Sure, it's the "my friend told me that it's very expensive" kinda thing, eh? :-P

Gneisenau

Online Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5238 on: June 24, 2017, 09:45:37 AM »
I didn't enter the building.....I didn't buy an overpriced drink......a busty, leggy blonde was not involved....and I didn't spend $350.00........ :blush:

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #5239 on: June 24, 2017, 11:05:59 AM »
I didn't enter the building.....I didn't buy an overpriced drink......a busty, leggy blonde was not involved....and I didn't spend $350.00........ :blush:

You didn't !

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5240 on: June 24, 2017, 11:58:11 AM »

Ha! Ha! 👆
My first morning laugh 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5241 on: June 30, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »
Stupid Photobucket. Spent the night getting dizzy, after a busy day, trying to work out what to do. Should I get a website of my own (confusion follows re: domain names and hosting and platforms and I don't know what, double dutch to me), then rebuild everything sorting through 1000s of photos in hundreds of folders trying to replace the holes in report after report, story after story? Should I stump up $400 to regain all the images on all the forums and threads and posts (1000s and 1000)? Do I migrate the images (if even possible) to another host and then re-work 10 years of stories and reports (backwards) inserting the new links, then onto half a dozen forums, to replace the ruined ones, post by post? Or will the forums die due to this anyway?
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5242 on: June 30, 2017, 10:44:33 PM »
I don't think there's an easy answer to any of that , Padre. For some reason my Photobucket still works , mind you I hardly have any pics.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5243 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:54 AM »
You guys are lucky you can get photobucket to work. I keep getting stuck in an unending loop with it.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #5244 on: July 01, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »
Photobucket is shit.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5245 on: July 01, 2017, 05:11:57 AM »
I don't think there's an easy answer to any of that , Padre. For some reason my Photobucket still works , mind you I hardly have any pics.
There isn't. It's a nightmare. Yours works, according to my research, because you haven't gone over a certain limit. I am way, way over.

You guys are lucky you can get photobucket to work. I keep getting stuck in an unending loop with it.
I got it to work by spending vast amounts of time getting it to work. Which of part of the reason this is such a nightmare.

It's entirely possible that all my work on all the forums I'm on is ruined forever.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5246 on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »
I don't see how photobucket think this is going to lead to anything but mass customer desertion
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5247 on: July 01, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
I don't see how photobucket think this is going to lead to anything but mass customer desertion

Agreed. And who the hell is going to spend 400 on something that was free. I agree they need to make money but they should have thought of that when they started.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5248 on: July 02, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
It's $400 per year - not even a one off. £100 I might have dealt with, but this, out of the blue, for a service that has always been hell to use.

At the moment I can't even access my albums to lift the photos elsewhere - there are so many pop ups, side and top bar ads, that they appear over the spot where the albums are meant to be, and when you clear them off (not easy) the album list is blank. The shoddiest of services.

[Edit] No, scrub that. They've actually destroyed my albums. I cannot find them anywhere, never mind access them!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5249 on: July 02, 2017, 11:40:18 AM »
at least 1100 photos, although I think that is only certain albums.