home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537592 times)

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5475 on: June 25, 2018, 05:28:55 PM »
If you have better times ahead financially, see if you can arrange a payment plan with the housing company. They should be used to the fact that many renters can't cough up an amount like that just out of pocket.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5476 on: June 25, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
If you have better times ahead financially, see if you can arrange a payment plan with the housing company. They should be used to the fact that many renters can't cough up an amount like that just out of pocket.

This. My wife works with debtors on a daily basis, payment plans are the common (and preferred) option after payment in whole.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5477 on: June 25, 2018, 06:46:26 PM »
On my night off I decided to try and assemble a Dragon 1/35th panzerspah wagon [I think that's its name, its an 8 wheeled armoured car with a 20mm cannon]. I nearly finished the bloody thing but it was so damn parts heavy and fiddly I put it aside. Give me the old Tamiya kits any day over the overly complicated Dragon ones.

And what is your opinion on Italeri kits?
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5478 on: June 25, 2018, 11:40:54 PM »

This. My wife works with debtors on a daily basis, payment plans are the common (and preferred) option after payment in whole.

Yep👆 Find the lowest amount you can handle and tell them that’s how it’s going to be. 10 months @ 300 or 20 @150. They are used to breaking everything down to monthly instalments.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5479 on: July 09, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »
I'm trying, along with a few others, to explain the WH40K universe to a very dismissive person on another forum but I think they are too high on their own drama to try and get it. Its very frustrating.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5480 on: July 09, 2018, 07:05:24 PM »
Exterminatus the whole conversation.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5481 on: July 09, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
Exterminatus the whole conversation.

Compliance 👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5482 on: July 10, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »
I'm trying, along with a few others, to explain the WH40K universe to a very dismissive person on another forum but I think they are too high on their own drama to try and get it. Its very frustrating.

Ignore them. It's not worth it.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5483 on: July 24, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »
Whilst putting together the army list for my now massive undead army, I realised I've been making an idiot of myself for years. It seems for the past 18 or 19 years, I've been calling Manfred Von Carstein 'Vlad von Carstein' I feel like such an idiot. I have no idea where I got 'Vlad' from. Granted, I seldom looked at my Vampire counts rule book [the one from 2001] but I'm sure I must have seen his name several times over the years in white dwarf articles and other books yet I continued to call him 'Vlad'
On top of that, he's bloody:biggriin: expensive points wise to use

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #5484 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »
There is a Vlad von Carstein. Much older than Manfred though. He's the founder of the von Carstein bloodline IIRC.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5485 on: July 24, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
It's like a roller-coaster GP. What will happen next!?
:icon_lol:  Well around middle of July, I sensed my kindness was being treated as weakness, and being confused for niceness and lacking strength.  Communications had continued on and off, but there was a lack of respect being shown, and although it was coming from a place of stress, confusion,  uncertainty, etc., biting the hand that helps feed you (in this case I had actually provided for food when the situation seemed to call for it) has caused me to change my tact a bit.  I've been direct, held my ground, stayed kind, yet held her accountable, and it has produced silence.  Acceptably so.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5486 on: July 25, 2018, 12:31:49 PM »
You did the right thing GP. Wish that I had your strength, when I've found myself in a similar situation.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5487 on: July 25, 2018, 02:58:08 PM »
Yep, a continuation of not allowing myself to get caught up in her issues. :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5488 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:01 PM »
Whilst putting together the army list for my now massive undead army, I realised I've been making an idiot of myself for years. It seems for the past 18 or 19 years, I've been calling Manfred Von Carstein 'Vlad von Carstein' I feel like such an idiot. I have no idea where I got 'Vlad' from. Granted, I seldom looked at my Vampire counts rule book [the one from 2001] but I'm sure I must have seen his name several times over the years in white dwarf articles and other books yet I continued to call him 'Vlad'
On top of that, he's bloody:biggriin: expensive points wise to use

Are you talking about the model?  As Aldaris indicated, Vlad von Carstein, "the first and greatest of the Vampire Counts of Sylvania," is a special character with its own rules in 7th & 8th edition. However, he was not available in the 6th editon AB.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5489 on: July 25, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »
Vlad was always one of my favorite characters, and I loved his various models. Even the later super vamp looking one.

Also I'm with Xath. Good job knowing your limits and standing up for yourself GP. There's no point burning yourself out.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5490 on: July 26, 2018, 05:24:36 AM »
It's like a roller-coaster GP. What will happen next!?
:icon_lol:  Well around middle of July, I sensed my kindness was being treated as weakness, and being confused for niceness and lacking strength.  Communications had continued on and off, but there was a lack of respect being shown, and although it was coming from a place of stress, confusion,  uncertainty, etc., biting the hand that helps feed you (in this case I had actually provided for food when the situation seemed to call for it) has caused me to change my tact a bit.  I've been direct, held my ground, stayed kind, yet held her accountable, and it has produced silence.  Acceptably so.
You did the right thing GP. Wish that I had your strength, when I've found myself in a similar situation.
Yep, a continuation of not allowing myself to get caught up in her issues. :::cheers:::
One of the interesting things is that I've continued to come through on my words, even though she's opted to be less than genuine and not come thru on her's either.  The irony is I had even mentioned after her inappropriate email back in June regarding giving up on the relationship, that I had been planning to give things till the middle of July, and as it turned out, I still did.  Although not under the circumstances I had imagined initially.  :icon_lol:  But she has continued in her stress and unfortunate ways, and when she gave me an opening for potential silence, I need to come through on that now as well.  Not easy, it is very tempting to call a spade a spade here again, yet it won't quickly alter the situation nor possibly ever.  There is something to be said for silence as a form of communication and even love, whether or not there's ever any communication again.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5491 on: August 01, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
I had a terrible experience last night.  I was in a dream where I was JCVD and I was sneaking around in a hospital/apartment building after some thugs torched all my stuff.  I was climbing a ladder in the fire escape of the hospital when the ladder broke and I grabbed the ledge and pulled myself to it.  I knew in the dream that by touching the cement wall with my chest it would be cold and braced for it.  I then woke up, needing to go to the bathroom.  Getting out of bed, going to and using the bathroom, and returning to bed; I was shivering uncontrollably as if I was nude and it was 20 degrees Fahrenheit. In reality it was 72.  I think it was a psychosomatic response form the dream knowing I would be cold. I did not feel cold to the touch nor did I feel cold generally but I just could not stop shivering like I was. I got back into bed and wrapped myself in warm blankets and I was still shivering continuously.  I woke up my wife and told her I can't stop shivering me and asked her to hold me to get me warm.  After awhile the shivering slowed down and went away and I fell back asleep.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:46:44 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5492 on: August 01, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
Doesn't sound fun.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5493 on: August 02, 2018, 05:50:24 AM »
[slaps forehead]
Turns out the vampire count I have IS Vlad Von Carstein. I might be confusing Magnus the pious with Magnus the red in the future

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5494 on: August 03, 2018, 01:26:12 PM »
Doesn't sound fun.

Not really, except for the part about being JCVD. Who wouldn't want that?

Gneisenau

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5495 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
So looks like those shivers were heralding a viral infection.  Been knocked on my ass for a couple of days.  Nearly passed out on Wednesday at 9:30pm so I just went to bed. Slept most of the day yesterday and I am working from home today but I still feel like shit.  AT least I don't have a fever anymore.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5496 on: August 03, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »
Have you visited a doctor? Sounds kinda nasty!

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5497 on: August 07, 2018, 05:40:40 AM »
I was willing to part with my old Millennium Falcon and ATTE but both of those vehicles were so damn big Australia post doesn't make a box or parcel bag big enough to package them in

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5498 on: August 07, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Have you visited a doctor? Sounds kinda nasty!
I second that!

How ya doing today Feanor?

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5499 on: September 13, 2018, 02:22:13 AM »
Was just laid low with mono for the past 2 and a half weeks. Sucked.
― Jake the Dog