home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537524 times)

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #750 on: October 19, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
Ouch Cannon. What kind?
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #751 on: October 20, 2010, 05:48:52 AM »
Prostate.

Crappy for my wife, who's been a mess. She wanted to go over and talk to him about it for hours, but I talked her out of it. I had to explain to her why men do not cope with news like this by having long involved discussions.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #752 on: October 20, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »
That's for sure.

Happily my other grandfather now has a better than even chance of survival.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #753 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:45 AM »
Good! I'm very glad to hear that!  :biggriin: :biggriin:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #754 on: October 20, 2010, 06:55:29 AM »
Best of luck to all those with sick families.

My Grandmother has had a knee replacement operation, and is doing well thus far. Her dog however, is looking like its on its last legs - I hope it doesn't die before she gets back to it.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #755 on: October 20, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
Same with my grandmother as it happens.

The events of this weekend mean that I have an essay due in two days I haven't started and a debate Friday I haven't prepared for. Should be interesting to see if I can get an extension on the essay or not.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #756 on: October 20, 2010, 07:52:11 AM »
My wife's been sick for 6 weeks in a row now. 3 urine tests, blood tests, a pregnancy test and 2 types of antibiotics later and they still don't know what it is and it sure isn't gone! Time for a sonogram next I believe, x-ray otherwise........god I hope it turns out to be nothing serious but it seems those chances are getting slimmer.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #757 on: October 20, 2010, 08:30:54 AM »
For someone who has been in her situation, I can but hope for the best for you B.

News around here, new gun shots this night, three in total against three different people, in three different areas.

That makes for 6 so far this week (and only two days has passed).  :eusa_wall:
My hood is my castle...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #758 on: October 20, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
Where do those people get the guns from? What is the gunlaw in Sweden like?

BAWTRM best wishes from me that they find out what is wrong and therefore find out how to cure it.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #759 on: October 20, 2010, 10:16:36 AM »
I think all guns are illegal in Sweden.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

• Members
« Reply #760 on: October 20, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »
Similar to Germany so how come there are so many gunfights?

Is there already a number how many people get killed per anno in Sweden due guns?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #761 on: October 20, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »
Well, I'm not sure about Sweden but Germany and Denmark have open borders. So people can just drive truckloads of weapons into the country, together with a lot of young women to sell aswell.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #762 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
I was too late when I tried to get tickets for goldfish at the Amsterdam Dance Event :'(

DANGDANGDANG
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2010, 01:59:03 AM »
Wednesday October 20th, 2010: 8PM

My girlfriend of 10 years threw my Uncharted Seas fleet across the room breaking off all the sails and cracking some of the hulls in two. I think the fleet may be beyond repair. She has also given me a solid smack in the face for burning the pasta.

This makes me sad as I have come to realize over the last two months that she is verbally abusive and completely emotionally consuming. I am not sure if she is doing it due to stress at work or if it represents a change in her life attitude. I am worried it might be a medical issue or something she is unwilling to talk about. I am sure that it’s not me, and I am very certain that if things don’t change I will have to leave her. 

I am a sad monkey tonight. Sleeping in the Jeep...   :icon_sad:
It’s all about Renaissance Punk.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #764 on: October 21, 2010, 04:09:03 AM »
That Sucks Wally!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #765 on: October 21, 2010, 04:09:24 AM »
I'd probably smack her back. And get the hell out. Why are you sleeping in the Jeep?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #766 on: October 21, 2010, 04:10:56 AM »
Why are you sleeping in the Jeep?

Yeah! Kick her ass out! With your foot!

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #767 on: October 21, 2010, 08:13:20 AM »
This is a girlfriend of 10 years guys, that's not something you throw away just like that, not even for an outburst (which was completely wrong of her) like this.

That's probably also why he's fearing for a medical condition, I think he's got plenty of years of memories in which his girlfriend was caring and giving.

But Wally, you need to confront this, you know you do. This might be due to stress at work, it could be. But you've got to firmly tell her that you won't be treated this way because her work situation is lousy. You're there for support, if she wants a punching bag she should go to the gym and bleed of steam there.

A medical condition? I don't know, that seems more like an episode of a hospital series who seem to cope with interesting cases and rare diseases/disorders on a daily basis. But it might be the truth. Once again though, confront her. Explain the situation, describe what you believe has (violently) changed about her personality and see if she agrees, then you can go for appointments with doctors.

Sleeping in the jeep is not the answer and you know it. It's only a cool-down period and afterwards you can pretend that the problem 'really isn't that bad' or think 'I'd better see how this develops'. Make up a plan in your head for a talk and also for any option you can think of that might be the result of that talk. Up to and including making (mental) preparations on leaving her. If the talk goes wrong you should be able to act on it immediately (this also goes for a good talk btw).

Good luck.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

• Members
« Reply #768 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »
Lots of aggressive girlfriends with the guys on this forum... I think I start to see a trend.

Gents you can get as good looking as much fun girls that are not depressive. You just have to realize that you are worth them.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #769 on: October 21, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Lots of aggressive girlfriends with the guys on this forum... I think I start to see a trend.

Gents you can get as good looking as much fun girls that are not depressive. You just have to realize that you are worth them.

Make sure they don't have violence-prone boyfriends first, or you end up in my current predicament.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

• Members
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
But we all know that wargamer nerds are big bully guys that are into martial arts....isn´t that right PhillyT and Grutch?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #771 on: October 21, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »
My wife's been sick for 6 weeks in a row now. 3 urine tests, blood tests, a pregnancy test and 2 types of antibiotics later and they still don't know what it is and it sure isn't gone! Time for a sonogram next I believe, x-ray otherwise........god I hope it turns out to be nothing serious but it seems those chances are getting slimmer.

I'm very sorry for you.

On the upside, you live in a country with state of the art medicine. If anything can be done, it will be done.

This is a girlfriend of 10 years guys, that's not something you throw away just like that, not even for an outburst (which was completely wrong of her) like this.

That's probably also why he's fearing for a medical condition, I think he's got plenty of years of memories in which his girlfriend was caring and giving.

But Wally, you need to confront this, you know you do. This might be due to stress at work, it could be. But you've got to firmly tell her that you won't be treated this way because her work situation is lousy. You're there for support, if she wants a punching bag she should go to the gym and bleed of steam there.

A medical condition? I don't know, that seems more like an episode of a hospital series who seem to cope with interesting cases and rare diseases/disorders on a daily basis. But it might be the truth. Once again though, confront her. Explain the situation, describe what you believe has (violently) changed about her personality and see if she agrees, then you can go for appointments with doctors.

Sleeping in the jeep is not the answer and you know it. It's only a cool-down period and afterwards you can pretend that the problem 'really isn't that bad' or think 'I'd better see how this develops'. Make up a plan in your head for a talk and also for any option you can think of that might be the result of that talk. Up to and including making (mental) preparations on leaving her. If the talk goes wrong you should be able to act on it immediately (this also goes for a good talk btw).

Good luck.

Great advice. And yes, it can indeed be a medical condition. Stuff like that can be fixed, too.

I'm sorry for you, too, Wally. That sucks. 10 years isn't something your throw out of the window just like that.

Gents you can get as good looking as much fun girls that are not depressive.

Ha! True. But depressive girls are often more interesting than normal ones.

• Members
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Well I also sometimes have the feeling that the most intelligent people quite often are depressed loners.....than I remind myself that I am a always smiling guy with sun shining out of my ass, AND I am intelligent and interesting and shake that notion off.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #773 on: October 21, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
Well I also sometimes have the feeling that the most intelligent people quite often are depressed loners.....

That's the reason I haven't attended the Eurobash so far.

:engel:

(no, not really)

• Members
« Reply #774 on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »
 :happy:

so no reason not to come.