home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537567 times)

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #875 on: November 07, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »
You'll notice I haven't posted too much in the past few months. Given, this is because I'm getting used to studying to become an engineer, and homework has eaten my life. Completely.  :dry:

*sigh*
My depression's back. I can't go a day without having a moment when I just want to sit in a corner and cry my eyes out. On top of that, I've also been having horrible feelings that I will remain alone, unloved, and uncared for for the rest of my life. Combine this with the fact that I'm still greatly fond of a girl who rejected me almost two months ago. Though academics are going astoundingly well, life's pretty much one big train wreck after another.

-The General

Well sweetie , just because she rejected you don't mean she don't like you !! have you tryed again ??
  And for being Depressed  just go outside and go for a walk !! 
You need to stop thinking your life a train wreck !!! now you Program it in your subconscious mind
That bad !!!

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #876 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:20 PM »
Yeah, but they make the game very buggy and crashy. As in the twice/three times per hour area. For me at least.
Unless they used a complete new engine for Teutonic campaign, it should be possible. I haven't tried though. I guess you need to remove the script that makes them an apparent faction as well, though any modders who have tried have probably already done that.
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #877 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
Not sure how the Teutonic campaign comes into it...

The reason the pope is buggy is because of the inquisitor mechanic. I forgot precisely why, but that's the main reason. Mongols and Timurids are because they arrive half way through- you can give them territory at the beginning yes, but that screws up all the scripts for events. You basically have to rescript all the events in the game.

So it's possible, but would require too much work to be practical.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Dunrik

• Members
« Reply #878 on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
I was pointing at Teutonic campaign as you can play them there :-P

I have play as the Paple state without any problems... Might just have been me who have been lucky though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:30:24 PM by Dunrik »
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #879 on: November 07, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
As the Mongols/Timurids? No you don't...
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Dunrik

• Members
« Reply #880 on: November 07, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
In Teutonic campaign? Yes, you do. You have Denmark, Norway(you can't play those sadly), HRE, Teutonic knights, Lituenia, Poland, Novgorod and Mongols, or the Golden Horde if you like. And I just noticed as I changed my Stainless Steel mod to late era, that the golden horde is playable from the start.
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #881 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
TGH is not in the vanilla install of the Teutonic campaign. The Mongols are marked unplayable. Adding a faction is actually easier than modding an existing one with lots of scripts that you need to account for.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Dunrik

• Members
« Reply #882 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
You might be right about that, I never really cared for mongols/TGH when I played, but you can still play them in SS late campaign :-P (starts 1220, so you start with the invasion of the Khewarezmian Empire.
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #883 on: November 07, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
You'll notice I haven't posted too much in the past few months. Given, this is because I'm getting used to studying to become an engineer, and homework has eaten my life. Completely.  :dry:

*sigh*
My depression's back. I can't go a day without having a moment when I just want to sit in a corner and cry my eyes out. On top of that, I've also been having horrible feelings that I will remain alone, unloved, and uncared for for the rest of my life. Combine this with the fact that I'm still greatly fond of a girl who rejected me almost two months ago. Though academics are going astoundingly well, life's pretty much one big train wreck after another.

-The General

Well sweetie , just because she rejected you don't mean she don't like you !! have you tryed again ??
You need to stop thinking your life a train wreck !!! now you Program it in your subconscious mind
That bad !!!

It's been nearly two months since she rejected me, and I've been afraid to try again for fear of coming on as creepy or stalker-ish.
Yes, I've sought help. Yes, it's helped to a degree. But I'm still frequently feeling sad and empty. I had my heart destroyed two years ago and I still haven't fully recovered. And now I seriously feel like my overly fragile heart's breaking more and more every day.  :icon_cry:
*throws down forage cap*

-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #884 on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:16 PM »
dude !! as far as a creep or stalker  come on ! these are what you precede to think !
2 months , you don't know if she had a bad day or did you make her  feal   awkward  when you ask her !!
 I say give it another chance !   if she didn't spray mase in your face you have a chance !!
i say go for it !!
 What Girl will turn down a Union General

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #885 on: November 07, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »

*sigh*

-The General

That bad !!!

It's been nearly two months since she rejected me, and I've been afraid to try again for fear of coming on as creepy or stalker-ish.
Yes, I've sought help. Yes, it's helped to a degree. But I'm still frequently feeling sad and empty. I had my heart destroyed two years ago and I still haven't fully recovered. And now I seriously feel like my overly fragile heart's breaking more and more every day.  :icon_cry:
*throws down forage cap*

-The General
weren't you 16 two years ago?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Union General

• Members
« Reply #886 on: November 08, 2010, 03:31:47 AM »

weren't you 16 two years ago?

What's truly stayed with me from that incident is how I tend to approach such matters of romantic issues.
*shrug*
Plus, it's that time of year. Generally, toward mid-autumn, I tend to have random depressed moments from time to time. It's just been somewhat more frequent as of recently.

To start a new thread, or not to start a new thread. That is the question...

-The General

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #887 on: November 08, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
Well in a new thread your quite serious issues wouldnīt be interrupted by Mongols or Timurids.

On the other hand delving in this issue perhaps isnīt the best idea, see it this way if you try to get a girl to like you and you fail you are at the same spot you were if you never had tried.

As stated if you start your romantic live a little later it doesnīt have to mean that it stays that way the rest of your live.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #888 on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
I failed yet another unit at uni, which means I now have to make up the credit point in the next four months. That makes for a grand total of three units failed, one of them twice. What the hell. I used to be an A+ student in high school.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

• Members
« Reply #889 on: November 08, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »
Yeah but Uni usually takes more personal effort was the same with me I had to start learning from books at home and couldnīt just sit in the classes listen and get an A+.

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #890 on: November 08, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
You don't need a new thread !!
 All you have to do is ask the girl out !

• Members
« Reply #891 on: November 08, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
Her or another even better one.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #892 on: November 08, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
I failed yet another unit at uni, which means I now have to make up the credit point in the next four months. That makes for a grand total of three units failed, one of them twice. What the hell. I used to be an A+ student in high school.

How many hours a week do you study.  That is not doing homework or assignments, but study?
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Union General

• Members
« Reply #893 on: November 08, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »
Her or another even better one.

Well said.  :happy:

-The General

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #894 on: November 08, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
I'm actually doing better at college than I did at high school. By a fair margin as well.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #895 on: November 08, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »
I just wrote a bunch of stuff here and hit the back button on my mouse as i was going to hit the reply button.

to sum up:

General, maybe the girl just isnt interested. Best thing to do is forget her and find a new one. It happens all the time. Oh and winter depression is common.

Stretch, i feel the same way.

My unhappy thoughts: my mock synopsis got shot down by my teacher for not being academic enough. Man i hate writing this dull academic style. It drives me crazy.
Its of no use anyway, its super boring to read, why not just write in everyday language.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #896 on: November 08, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
UG,

I was engaged to be married when I was 18 years old. She left me. I was devastated, and thought I was hopeless and loveless, doomed to a life of solitude because no woman would ever love me. Of course, now I am married to an wonderful woman who puts up with me, and we have the best little boy in the whole world. Long story short: It sucks, but it's not the end of it.

You know that old saying: "Good things come to those who wait"? Love is like that.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #897 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »

How many hours a week do you study.  That is not doing homework or assignments, but study?

Very few, and I don't think I "study" in a really effective manner either. However, this semester was two programming units, which had very hands on assignments. My biggest issue this trimester was trying to take too many things on - uni (even if it was only two subjects), two jobs and a social life. Something had to give. Good news for this trimester: doing one subject, I finish up at one of my jobs in December and I'm definitely cutting back on the social life. So I'll up the amount of study I do. and it should work out...it just might cost me a few job opportunities in the mean time.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #898 on: November 09, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »
Yeah I used to have a lot of social life when I started at Uni as well. me and friends would meet up at the pub every tuesday, thursday and sunday. The expenses meant I had to take all kinds of jobs. Didn't leave much time for studying that.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #899 on: November 09, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
One huge difference between High School and College.  In college you are expected to show up at the classroom, knowing the material.  This lets you focus on the parts you don't understand and the deeper meaning.  If you show up to class to be taught, you are behind the ball and will never catch up.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.