home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537567 times)

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #1800 on: July 15, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
If I were you, I would just read the last, say, 10 posts you made here about you and your girlfriend. Then I would do some thinking.

No further comment.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1801 on: July 15, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
her mom has convinced me to wait until after she starts seeing the new therapist next week.  I had all my stuff out 2 weeks ago with full intention of it being over until her mom called me and convinced me otherwise.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1802 on: July 15, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »
her mom has convinced me to wait until after she starts seeing the new therapist next week.  I had all my stuff out 2 weeks ago with full intention of it being over until her mom called me and convinced me otherwise.
What were her arguments? Because
If I were you, I would just read the last, say, 10 posts you made here about you and your girlfriend. Then I would do some thinking.

No further comment.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1803 on: July 15, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
that she never said I could buy the tickets online despite the fact I suggested it so  we could make sure we get tickets before they sell out.  She said "yeah lets do that." she claims I'm lying and wont take responsibilities for my actions.  :eusa_wall: I even asked to make sure 2 more times after that before I made the purchase!
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #1804 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »
Do you really feel that this ticket purchase is the problem here?

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #1805 on: July 15, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
that's the symptom, the problem is the drinking.  In fact probably the drinking is a symptom to a deeper series of problems which her mom should help her kid out with rather than feel compelled to drag you into the maelstrom of the storm of her daughter's emotions.  Life is too short for this to continue without progress, and I hope that has been part of your conversation with her mom.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1806 on: July 15, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
yes it was der Hurenwiebel.  My girlfriend will be seeing a hypnotherapist to help with her emotional maelstrom next week.  lets hope my patience lasts that long. :dry:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1807 on: July 15, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »
FFH, you are too nice a guy to put up with stuff like this.

Frankly, and from personal experience, I very much doubt that things will change for the better significantly. And even if they do, there will be too much broken pottery to lead a happy life.

I don't say this usually, because it's no business of mine, but you did post it here, so... I really recommend breaking up with her before you drain yourself dry and end up as a complete mess.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1808 on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »

No further comment.

+5
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1809 on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Feanor ... you are dealing with a troubled soul and she is struggling.  You can't save her, and she must take action to help herself or your situation is going to continue to be painful.  You may need to detach at some point, whether it be finding some space of your own (which she isn't likely to be happy with, but maintaining a sense of yourself is key) or even detaching further than that.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1810 on: July 15, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »
If you don't make this up, do you want acid with that pain?  :icon_confused:

No one is worth such crap.
My hood is my castle...

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1811 on: July 15, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
If you don't make this up, do you want acid with that pain?  :icon_confused:

No one is worth such crap.

Yet it's amazing the stuff some people will put up with or accept, when everyone on the outside is wondering why there haven't been gunshots from the clocktower yet.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1812 on: July 16, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »
FFH, you are too nice a guy to put up with stuff like this.

I think being too nice a guy to put up with stuff like this is exactly the Catch-22 reason that he IS putting up with it. He is too nice.

Obviously, emotions override logic in these situations. Logically I'm sure Feanor knows that this relationship has been rough, but humans don't remember the bad things, we remember the good things.

I think the situation was addressed by W.B. Yeats.
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I don't think she is treading softly.  :unsure:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1813 on: July 16, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »
Excellent piece of poetry.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1814 on: July 16, 2011, 10:44:02 AM »
:::cheers:::
Sean Bean read it in the movie Equilibrium, which made it awesome.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1815 on: July 16, 2011, 07:38:19 PM »
Didn't he then get shot in the face?

I mean, that's par the course for Sean Bean.

Offline Shadoweyed

• Members
« Reply #1816 on: July 16, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
I hate it when my girl drinks sometimes she forgets stuff.  Like asking me to buy the harry potter tickets last night.  I confirmed it 3 times with her but this morning she thought I did it without her permission (her credit card despite the fact I asked her and she said sure) so now she's pissed and claims that I am lying.  I would not have done this without her permission! I am no thief!

Having recently been through some bad relationship stuff myself, I feel for you. You are in a really rough spot that I don't think anyone here could say they envy. While I hate to repeat the advice I fought so much, sometimes cutting your losses is the best thing. It hurts, it really hurts, but isn't it more worth it to have a little more pain for a short amount of time than to continue to suffer? There is probably plenty of good that you can and will remember from the relationship, and hang on to it, good memories of the past can make for a better future, but it seems that future would be much better without the constant, and rather major issues that are not yours to deal with.

I've had to learn with my ex, that you can't change people. People can change, for sure, but they do it themselves when they decide to do it, not because you want them to.

Try to keep your head up, dark times only become darker when you don't look for the light. And I it seems that you can at least say it's a little nicer to deal with than having her run off with some 19 year old kid a month before your wedding.  :blush:

Wishing you the best.

-Shadoweyed

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1817 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »
Try to keep your head up, dark times only become darker when you don't look for the light. And I it seems that you can at least say it's a little nicer to deal with than having her run off with some 19 year old kid a month before your wedding.  :blush:

Yeah, it seems that, while *cough* some people on this forum were on the receiving end of drama recently, your story really takes the cake.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:42:11 PM by Gneisenau »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1818 on: July 16, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
What was th film about?

- - -

Speaking of movies ... the last installment of Harry Potter is coming out.  Glad its all over.  I watched the first one, and it didn't entrall me enough to see another one.

Tried reading the first book because maybe it would be better.  It wasn't.  Didn't even finish it.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #1819 on: July 17, 2011, 01:12:15 AM »
What was th film about?

- - -

Speaking of movies ... the last installment of Harry Potter is coming out.  Glad its all over.  I watched the first one, and it didn't entrall me enough to see another one.

Tried reading the first book because maybe it would be better.  It wasn't.  Didn't even finish it.

The first two books were very kiddy. If you can get past that, they pick up at the third.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1820 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:15 AM »
What was the film about?
"In a futuristic world, a strict regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Cleric John Preston (Bale) is a top ranking government agent responsible for destroying those who resist the rules. Whe he misses a dose of Prozium, a mind-altering drug that hinders emotion, Preston, who has been trained to enforce the strict laws of the new regime, suddenly becomes the only person capable of overthrowing it." -via IMDB.com

It's a good flick, although critically panned it has a 7.7/10 rating on IMDB, which essentially means that normal people like it, but critics don't. Roger Ebert gave it 3 out of 4 stars though, saying: "Equilibrium would be a mindless action picture, except that it has a mind. It doesn't do a lot of deep thinking, but unlike many futuristic combos of sf and f/x, it does make a statement."

The cast includes Christian Bale, Taye Diggs, Emily Watson, Sean Bean, and Sean Pertwee (son of Jon Pertwee, the Third Doctor) who is one of those actors that you know, but you don't know where you know him from. Sean Pertwee is the Narrator in Medieval: Total War, Governor Severus in Fire Warrior, Colonel Gregor Hakha in Killzone, Colonel Radec in Killzone 2, Proteus in Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie, just to name a few.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1821 on: July 17, 2011, 08:19:49 AM »

Oh it changed - the film series gets darker as it goes on, and the books become much more wordy or verbose.

That was one of the things my boys liked, that the series seemed to 'grow up' as they did.

It was also quite clever of JK Rowling to realise that the "children's book" she first wrote appealed to a lot of adults - who were probably reading it to their kids - and 'grow' the series from the response.

Watch the Prisoner one - that would be a benchmark for you.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:22:54 AM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1822 on: July 17, 2011, 03:40:35 PM »
Yup, it starts to grow darker with the 3rd one.

There are many positive things to say about the books, especially the character development. The basic concept seems to be cliché (nicely spoofed by Pratchett in "The Wee Free Men"), but they are worth a read.

And it's hilarious to see how much money JKR made with them. :icon_biggrin:

"In a futuristic world, a strict regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Cleric John Preston (Bale) is a top ranking government agent responsible for destroying those who resist the rules. Whe he misses a dose of Prozium, a mind-altering drug that hinders emotion, Preston, who has been trained to enforce the strict laws of the new regime, suddenly becomes the only person capable of overthrowing it." -via IMDB.com

It's a good flick, although critically panned it has a 7.7/10 rating on IMDB, which essentially means that normal people like it, but critics don't. Roger Ebert gave it 3 out of 4 stars though, saying: "Equilibrium would be a mindless action picture, except that it has a mind. It doesn't do a lot of deep thinking, but unlike many futuristic combos of sf and f/x, it does make a statement."

The cast includes Christian Bale, Taye Diggs, Emily Watson, Sean Bean, and Sean Pertwee (son of Jon Pertwee, the Third Doctor) who is one of those actors that you know, but you don't know where you know him from. Sean Pertwee is the Narrator in Medieval: Total War, Governor Severus in Fire Warrior, Colonel Gregor Hakha in Killzone, Colonel Radec in Killzone 2, Proteus in Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie, just to name a few.

It's a bit like "The Matrix" with a political statement added. Not a bad movie and quite entertaining.

Sean Pertwee was also in "Event Horizon", getting the least gruesome death of all, and in the "Cadfael" series (for one season, and probably played his character closest to the books).

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #1823 on: July 17, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
I loved Equilibrium.

And GP, I disliked all of the Harry Potter movies until the first part of the 7th one- that would be the first one I would classify as a good movie, not just a good Harry Potter movie. The second part was about as good.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1824 on: July 17, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
I haven't seen neither of the 7th so far. Don't go to the cinema much these months.

The movies definitely pick up steam from the 4th onward. 1st and 2nd do not cross the gap between the mediums well, and the 3rd was screwed up (hard to screw up a movie when you have Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman, but hey...).