home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537577 times)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #1950 on: October 12, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »
You can swim to lose weight too.

Don't help him.

He doesn't deserve help.  :icon_mad:
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1951 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
Swimming is great and also the one major thing that really saves calories....switch from pop drinks to pure water.

Water = 0 calories and after a week you get used to less sweets.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #1952 on: October 12, 2011, 07:39:37 AM »
Swimming is great and also the one major thing that really saves calories....switch from pop drinks to pure water.

Water = 0 calories and after a week you get used to less sweets.

Done that. keeps more fat off, but doesn't lower what is present. Although some of the water I drink may contains hops and such...  :engel:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

• Members
« Reply #1953 on: October 12, 2011, 07:46:18 AM »
If you want to drink alcohol....only drink it in the morning so your body has all day to get rid of the carbs  :engel:

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1954 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
You can swim to lose weight too.

Yeah, but that's even harder. And I have to find a pool, and I'm not able to afford a gym membership to get access to a good pool. Also, quite frankly, I don't like to take my shirt off in public.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1955 on: October 12, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Can't you just keep your weight and fly the Predator drones instead?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1956 on: October 12, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
Can't you just keep your weight and fly the Predator drones instead?

No, because the Air Force apparently got sick of being called the Chair Force, so now everyone has to adhere to their fitness standards that they apparently pulled out of a 1970's pamphlet.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1957 on: October 12, 2011, 10:37:31 AM »
I guess they want to save fuel, too.

I'm only half joking here. Allegedly, this was the reason the NVA (east German army) kept their recruits in the barracks during the weekends - so that they wouldn't increase weight at home, so that the transports would need less fuel.

Could be an urban legend though. There's only so much of GDR chocolate you could eat before throwing up.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1958 on: October 12, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »
I guess they want to save fuel, too.

I'm only half joking here. Allegedly, this was the reason the NVA (east German army) kept their recruits in the barracks during the weekends - so that they wouldn't increase weight at home, so that the transports would need less fuel.

Could be an urban legend though. There's only so much of GDR chocolate you could eat before throwing up.

That makes some sense, especially on older aircraft where a 2-5 pounds spread over a bunch of guys could actually cause weight issues.

On the other hand, during my previous 6 years in the Air Force I only flew 13 times for military purposes, and once on a reward flight for being awesome.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:44:49 AM by CannonofDoom »

• Members
« Reply #1959 on: October 12, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
Now that doesnīt make any sense.....only one flight while you are awesome all the time?

(I just like to praise you to bait Dwhitey...so donīt take it personal..please)

Ok if swimming and running is out, pick up a bicycle. My brother the Ex Para lieutenant also has knee issues because he always overdid himself. So he didnīt run anymore and became fat, after I poked the bear pretty often he started to get a new hobby...cycling around all the time, at day...at night around the lake constance and now I am the fat bear to be poked.

Cycling is pretty solid on losing weight AND it is not as stressfull on your knees.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1960 on: October 12, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
Now that doesnīt make any sense.....only one flight while you are awesome all the time?

(I just like to praise you to bait Dwhitey...so donīt take it personal..please)

Ok if swimming and running is out, pick up a bicycle. My brother the Ex Para lieutenant also has knee issues because he always overdid himself. So he didnīt run anymore and became fat, after I poked the bear pretty often he started to get a new hobby...cycling around all the time, at day...at night around the lake constance and now I am the fat bear to be poked.

Cycling is pretty solid on losing weight AND it is not as stressfull on your knees.

I can't afford a bicycle.  :icon_cry: Plus, I've had three bicycles stolen in this city already.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #1961 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
That sucks. Some cities seem to be especially prone for getting your bike stolen.

It's the same here, especially with expensive bikes. A colleague of mine had two stolen in, oh, a month I think. Even though he invested in a big fat lock after the first one.

How about some weight lifting, Cannon? That won't necessarily reduce your own weight, but they wouldn't turn you down when you show up ripped like Lundgren in his prime, would they?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1962 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
That sucks. Some cities seem to be especially prone for getting your bike stolen.

It's the same here, especially with expensive bikes. A colleague of mine had two stolen in, oh, a month I think. Even though he invested in a big fat lock after the first one.

How about some weight lifting, Cannon? That won't necessarily reduce your own weight, but they wouldn't turn you down when you show up ripped like Lundgren in his prime, would they?

Weight lifting seems like a good way to throw my back out.  :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #1963 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »
The Weib having a really awesome job prospect to translate a book about Steve Jobs, now got turned down by the customer because...well mainly he was an unprofessional dickhead.

:icon_mad:

Hard work over a weekend.

All for nothing.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1964 on: October 12, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »

I thought you had enough bikes already...
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #1965 on: October 12, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
Don't run.  Walk like a demon with just a bit of running so you can meet your time.

Low intensity activity will burn fat faster than high intensity.  Yes, it will eat up more time, but you will burn fat the whole time.

Just eat many small meals and/or snacks plus water and put in a lot of time in low intensity activity.  Keep that heart rate elevated, but down.

Go find some trails to walk on and it'll be easier on your joints.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #1966 on: October 12, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
Low intensity activity will burn fat faster than high intensity.  Yes, it will eat up more time, but you will burn fat the whole time.
Ahem? You switch to fat burning when intensity increases. I'm not sure where you got your notion from.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #1967 on: October 12, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »
When you work out, you burn calories.  Some come from fat, some from other sources (digestion and stored reserves).

The lower your heart rate, the more that comes from fat (burning fat is slow).

The higher the heart rate, the more that comes from other sources of quicker energy.

At high heart rates fat burning and digestion stop and you only burn quick energy stores.

By maintain low heart rates, you burn a higher percentage of fat.  The cost is you burn it much slower.  So the time spent exercising goes up.

Given that Cannon has joint problems and if he has the time, and his goal is to lose fat... a long, low intensity work out with a proper diet (ie not too many calories coming in) would max the fat burn.

Heart Rate Training Zones Heart

Heart rate training zones are calculated by taking into consideration your Maximum Heart Rate (MHR) and your Resting Heart Rate (RHR). Within each training zone, subtle physiological effects take place to enhance your fitness.

The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone - 60% to 70%
Training within this zone develops basic endurance and aerobic capacity. All easy recovery running should be completed at a maximum of 70%. Another advantage to running in this zone is that while you are happily fat burning you may lose weight and you will be allowing your muscles to re-energise with glycogen, which has been expended during those faster paced workouts.

The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%
Training in this zone will develop your cardiovascular system. The body's ability to transport oxygen to, and carbon dioxide away from, the working muscles can be developed and improved. As you become fitter and stronger from training in this zone it will be possible to run some of your long weekend runs at up to 75%, so getting the benefits of some fat burning and improved aerobic capacity.

The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%
Training in this zone will develop your lactic acid system. In this zone, your individual anaerobic threshold (AT) is found - sometimes referred to the point of deflection (POD). During these heart rates, the amount of fat being utilised as the main source of energy is greatly reduced and glycogen stored in the muscle is predominantly used. One of the by-products of burning this glycogen is lactic acid. There is a point at which the body can no longer remove the lactic acid from the working muscles quickly enough. This is your anaerobic threshold (AT). Through the correct training, it is possible to delay the AT by being able to increase your ability to deal with the lactic acid for a longer period of time or by pushing the AT higher.
The Red Line Zone 90% to 100%

Training in this zone will only be possible for short periods. It effectively trains your fast twitch muscle fibres and helps to develop speed. This zone is reserved for interval running and only the very fit are able to train effectively within this zone.

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/hrm1.htm

In my research and opinion, and if Cannon has the time... Train a huge amount of time in the low threshold area (fast but comfortable walking).  Occasionally train in the high thresholds for short periods of time just to be able to make times for timed events during testing.  These intense workouts are largely for the cardiovascular system so they do not even have to be running.  It can be biking or any other activity that can get the heart rate up for 15 to 20 minutes to high levels without stressing the joints.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:46:49 PM by jlutin »
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #1968 on: October 12, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »
A while back, I had posted that my friends lost thier 14 year old daughter tragically.  Obi for one, wanted to know how/why.  I was looking for a site that would be appropriate to share, and the victim's mother posted a link on facebook.

So, please share this link with your friends and family.

http://www.gaspinfo.com/en/home.html
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #1969 on: October 12, 2011, 08:00:06 PM »
Oh god. That sounds awful.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #1970 on: October 12, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
What. The. Hell?

Please tell me this is a really bad joke.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1971 on: October 12, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
What. The. Hell?

Please tell me this is a really bad joke.

You've never heard of things like auto-erotic asphyxiation?

You're missing out, son.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #1972 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
'Course I've heard of it, but this is... they're like twelve!
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1973 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:29 PM »
And?

The world is a terrible place, this stuff happens all the time. It's a naive viewpoint to be shocked at the age of it if you're a prolific internet user, or just live in/know of the Valleys (Wales).

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #1974 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »
Well I thought I was unusually cynical for an 18 year old and then something like this comes and still manages to make me feel even worse about humanity. Good thing the Internet is also full of things that can cheer you up or I'd be dangling from the ceiling by now.