home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537570 times)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2025 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
Honestly getting to the point of "End it, because eventually people will start giving up. On you.".
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2026 on: November 03, 2011, 01:24:55 AM »
Granted, our knowledge of the subject is only from what information we have gotten directly from Feanor, however, some of the most common phrases from abusive relationships are: "You just don't know him/her like I do" and "He/she is really sweet most of the time, it's just sometimes he/she loses control".

She's not going to get better. She's only gotten worse from what you've said. Cut your ties and move on, buddy.  :-(
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2027 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »
University library is way too full. I'm 200000% more efficient in my studying there, yet today is the first day I could find a spot. Exam is tomorrow.

No, really. It opens at 8, it is full 2 minutes past. There's a line of approx 100 people waiting outside, everyday.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2028 on: November 03, 2011, 07:38:16 AM »
Honestly getting to the point of "End it, because eventually people will start giving up. On you.".

Well I for my part am beyond caring.

They both should to to therapy she because of her abusive behaviour and him for his self abusive behaviour. I would even bet a cask of beer that this self abusive kind of behaviour isn´t limited to his girl but spreads over his whole social life, friends, work, family.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2029 on: November 03, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »

Well I for my part am beyond caring.

They both should to to therapy she because of her abusive behaviour and him for his self abusive behaviour. I would even bet a cask of beer that this self abusive kind of behaviour isn´t limited to his girl but spreads over his whole social life, friends, work, family.
then you owe me a cask of beer, because it is limited to just her.  :::cheers:::

We are just talking, I wouldnt mind keeping her as a friend, but just a friend.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• Members
« Reply #2030 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
This will work out as long as you both are in another relationship and as soon one is single there will be trouble.

Join the next bash and I bring you a cask of German beer of your choice.
 :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2031 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
Feanor ... if she is being physically, verbally, and mentally abusive, as seems to have been described, that's unacceptable.  Having repeatedly done this, its time to draw a line.  Sometimes it is difficult for the person who is emotonionally involved with such a person to see what's happening, but it is seemingly happening in your situation.  She is acting in a controling fashion and she needs to break her bad habits, or get some some help to be able to break them.  If you can recognize that your own habit of trying to help her, isn't working that a good first step for yourself.

Sometimes folks like you and me (yes, I've been there) can spend a good amount of time trying to help another person through their issues, but unless they take the initiative to help themselves as well, your time and energy, your support is of very little use.  Do what's best for yourself, and in this situation, it will be tough to take the actions you need to take, yet I have confidence in your ability to do what needs to be done.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #2032 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
Feanor... I like you, you're a funny guy. That's why I'm gonna kill you last.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2033 on: November 03, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
Feanor... I like you, you're a funny guy. That's why I'm gonna kill you last.
Well to be honest this isnt the worst thing that ever happened to me.  The worst thing is when I brought my girlfriend to my parents last thanksgiving.  We were going through old home movies with the whole family and we came upon my parents home made sex tape...How the hell did that video get mixed in with all the home movies?!

Gamespoet I have given up trying to help her with her personal issues as she is too afraid to try to deal with them.  Luckly her hypno therapist has been helping so I left it to the professional.  Oddly enough the therapist (as well as my the girl's mom) gave her a good tongue lashing about what she did.  The therapist is female and very old fashion.  Pretty much sexist but not femenist.  More like she believes I should be the provider and the girl should have a supporting role.  Not the other way around (which it was because I was unemployed and living with her for free and not contributing finacially).  But now that I have a really good job the relationship dynamic changed and the girl didnt know how to deal with those changes and snapped.  I forgive her but I will always hold this against her (does that make sense?).  She wants me back but honestly I dont see myself going back anytime soon.  Shit if this happened 2 weeks later I'd be on the lease and it would have been impossible to happen.  So many what if's but I am more concerned with what is, not what if.  The hard part about all this is really finding a permanent new place to live.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• Members
« Reply #2034 on: November 03, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »
well...still not caring too much.

I have burned through the first season of The Walking dead....and I neeeeeeed MOAaaaaaararararararrrrrrrrr-------brains

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2035 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
I have burned through the first season of The Walking dead....and I neeeeeeed MOAaaaaaararararararrrrrrrrr-------brains

So good, right? Season 2 is even better. I think you can watch the new episodes on AMCtv.com if you have a way to do that in Germany. Otherwise you'll have to torrent it.

• Members
« Reply #2036 on: November 04, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
I like how the zombies are semi fast, short bursts close to the guy they want to bite.

Also I like how the survivors act smart but it is hard for them to pull themselves together.

I dislike how they leave all sorts of weapons and ammo behind all the time.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2037 on: November 04, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »
I like how the zombies are semi fast, short bursts close to the guy they want to bite.

Also I like how the survivors act smart but it is hard for them to pull themselves together.

I dislike how they leave all sorts of weapons and ammo behind all the time.

Yeah, like when they just wander through an overrun military post and don't stop to pick up the abandoned firearms of the (presumably devoured) soldiers that left them.

These are not unhappy thoughts, though.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2038 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
Michigan  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2039 on: November 04, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
What did my state do now?
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2040 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
I was going to say the same thing...

The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2041 on: November 04, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
What did my state do now?
Pass a bill that allows bullying of gays?

Here is the page for SB 0137 (2011). The bill as passed by the Senate today has many significant changes to the bill as introduced.
Notable differences:
It now contains language regarding punishment of false accusations of bullying, which are to be treated the same as bullying.
The bombshell: "This section does not abridge the rights under the First Amendment of the constitution of the United States or under article I of the state constitution of 1963 of a school employee, school volunteer, pupil, or a pupil's parent or guardian. This section does not prohibit a statement of a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction of a school employee, school volunteer, pupil, or a pupil's parent or guardian." In other words, if my religion says you're a subhuman sack of shit because you're gay or wear clothing of mixed fabrics, I and my friends can tell you so until you want to kill yourself and it's not bullying. Oh, and the teacher can join me in saying you deserve to die, too, and it's still not bullying.
TL;DR Fuck everything about this. Read this post, read the bill, and be fucking angry that this shit even has the possibility of being allowed to affect children. We'd better hope it gets changed in the House or I will fucking break something.

Stolen from reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/lznje/michigan_republicans_pass_law_allowing_christians/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:24:16 PM by Obi »

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2042 on: November 04, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Oh, that's all?

Anyway, it just passed the senate. It'll never get through the House, and even if it does, the governor's kids were bullied in middle school severely, though not for being gay. He won't sign it.

And even if he does, there'll be a referendum next year getting rid of it.

Edit: That said, if you're a Michigander and reading this (Michiganian is and always will be the wrong word), writing to your representative/senator does make a difference. Every letter gets read. Not by the representative, but every single one is read. Just make sure you send it to the right district...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:28:55 PM by t12161991 »
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #2043 on: November 04, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
Oh, that's all?

Anyway, it just passed the senate. It'll never get through the House, and even if it does, the governor's kids were bullied in middle school severely, though not for being gay. He won't sign it.

And even if he does, there'll be a referendum next year getting rid of it.
I find it scary that you take it lightly that, apparently, there are enough batshit retards governing your state to pull some shit like this.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2044 on: November 04, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
Oh, I don't take it lightly. It's just that after a summer of being exposed to just how stupid both the general electorate and the elected officials are, very little shocks me anymore.

And this isn't nearly the worst thing to be proposed. I can't tell you about most of the bills that never made it out of committee unfortunately.

Also, Mississippi is making us look good, so there's that.

And, at least it's not Granholm. God. Considering her economic policies she would have signed it because all she would have seen is the anti-bullying part, and not actually considered what was in the bill.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:36:11 PM by t12161991 »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2045 on: November 04, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
Hilarious.

This is why lots of the world think America is insane.

Religion should not have anything to do with anything, apart from what you want to do on sunday morning.
too much of the country is obsessed with it.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #2046 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »
Bleh, it's mainly the crazies that try to force their beliefs on other people.  Making it legal hardly changes anything.
Point being: Those who want to force something on you will find a way, laws be damned.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2047 on: November 04, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »

This is now ok, according to michigan
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #2048 on: November 04, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »

This is now ok, according to michigan

As it should be, I want to go on a fag bashing now. Nothing physical, just going around, telling them they should all die etc. You know, the norm.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2049 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
It already was, actually. Free speech and all. This doesn't allow anything that wasn't already allowed.

Edit: The US has far, far looser restrictions on speech than you guys do. And honestly I prefer it that way, but bad comes with the good.
Also:

For every crazy person there's at least one reasonable one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:20:37 PM by t12161991 »

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2