home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537574 times)

Offline oak_prince

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #2500 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
Exactly. My ideal wife/long-term girlfriend would have to be liberal. And tomboyish - not the sort who hates gaming or gets "headaches" every time I want to go camping.  :icon_lol:
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2501 on: March 01, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »
And you wonder why you are 28 and not married.  :)
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2502 on: March 01, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
You live in Michigan, right? How close to Ann Arbor? I know how to do data recovery. For that much it'd take weeks, but it would be free.

I am about 10 minutes from Ann Arbor.

I am checking with Sunset Computers because they said they had a new case that would work that they can put it into.  So, about $25.00  If that doesn't work, I will definitely let you know.

If you could do data recovery, then I would definitely throw some good Empire mini's your way!  The other issue is what to do with the data that is recovered.  My laptop only has like a 250Gb hard drive, of which only about 29Gb is free...which is why I needed the external hard drive in the first place.  LOL

I know your pain, lost everything almost permanently last year at around this time. It sounds like yours should be easier to recover, but my dad was running a recovery algorithm for 3 weeks and barely got a quarter of my documents back. That was because my hard drive actually died, as in all the sectors went bad though, so...

Unfortunately this is a really bad time to be buying hard drives because of the flooding in Thailand. I was going to buy a 1 or 2 TB external so I could do a full image back up, but the prices have gone up almost 50% for some models.

I won't be home until March 15 or so, but if it's not solved by then let me know.

Edit: Oak Prince, my mom and both her sisters married in their mid-twenties, and all three of them divorced those husbands. My mom didn't meet my dad until they were in their mid thirties, and my other aunts were in similar situations. Sometimes it's not such a bad thing to not find the person you think is the one so early.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:27:13 PM by t12161991 »
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2503 on: March 01, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
Exactly. My ideal wife/long-term girlfriend would have to be liberal. And tomboyish - not the sort who hates gaming or gets "headaches" every time I want to go camping.  :icon_lol:

Ya, my wife hates my "warhammer crap", and I am not allowed to spend any money on it, so anything I get has to come from trades and such...
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2504 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:25 PM »
When this over, at a minimum, get a Amazon S3 account, buy a few gigs and upload the important stuff just in case.

OR get Mozy/Carbonite.  I have mozy and I love it.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2505 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »
I'll put in a plug for Crashplan. Unlimited backup online and to external hard drives, and it's pretty cheap.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2506 on: March 01, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »

why am I a magnet for religious/prudish girls?  :icon_mad:

Are they religious and prudish because they are not married - some women believe in no sex before marriage, and are consequently prudish.
However what you need to know is what their attitude to sex would be with their husband.

Some women will do anything for the man they are married to - in fact they see it as their duty to please their husband.

Several of the 'prudish' women I knew in my youth wore exceedingly drab boring everyday clothes, with the raciest lingerie underneath .............

There was a website for Christian Nymphomaniacs or something like that - reading some of the stuff on there a few years ago made my toes curl, along with other things ..................... 

And as for wives/women complaining about gaming, would they rather you went drinking or gambling or clubbing ................
http://warhammer-empire.com/library/the-danse-macabre/fantasy-and-family/

It's old but still relevant .......... bit like me really ................

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #2507 on: March 01, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
I lol at the idea of my wife telling me how I spend my money. Married a Chinese girl - I wanted equality in the relationship, she wanted to put me in charge. A burden I'll have to live with  :wink:

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2508 on: March 01, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
A good friend of mine recently got married/pregnant. This isn't a bad thing, but it makes me feel like I'm in a time-crunch. That I need to find "the one" ASAP because I'm at an age(28) where people are marrying/permanently shacking up. What if the perfect girl for me is getting married to someone else as I type this?

Don't say that.  I'm 30 and headed for divorce.  Thoughts like "I'm too old be be hitting the dating scene again" have crossed my mind, but they're pretty baseless, really.  30 is still young, I've decided, and you're younger than me!  But we're also the age where we're a little wiser, and we're better able to know what exactly we're looking for in a romantic partner. 
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2509 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
From the book, "Real Men don't Eat Quiche"

What do real men look for in a spouse?

Large breasts and a trust fund.

What they don't look for?

A girl just like mom.

Mom would never go to bed with a wetsuit, video camera and 50 feet of bungee cord.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2510 on: March 01, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
I have one problem with that book. Quiche is delicious, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't had good quiche or is wrong in the head. Fact.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2511 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:53 PM »
I have one problem with that book. Quiche is delicious, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't had good quiche or is wrong in the head. Fact.

That may very well be true (I wouldn't know, as I'm a Real Man), but the point is that being a Real Man sometimes requires self-denial in the interest of manliness.   8-)
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2512 on: March 02, 2012, 12:54:43 AM »
There's something manly about doing non-manly things And not caring what people think. Yeah, I love mimosas and have a pet cat. Got a problem with that?  :icon_lol:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:59:58 AM by oak_prince »

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2513 on: March 02, 2012, 03:12:25 AM »
There's something manly about doing non-manly things And not caring what people think. Yeah, I love mimosas and have a pet cat. Got a problem with that?  :icon_lol:

In the words of some great philosopher that I forget which one: "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend unto my death your right to say it."

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2514 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
That saying is regularly (incorrectly) attributed to Voltaire.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #2515 on: March 02, 2012, 05:43:18 AM »
28 is a prime age for getting into the dating game. There's heaps of desperate early-mid 30's women out there, whose standards were too high in their 20's and now they're running out of options. Who do you think all those whinging advice columns asking "where have all the good men gone?" are aimed at? Some of them are nice people who were just a bit unrealistic and now reality is catching up. My own workplace is packed with them. Some of them are pretty nice to look at too.

Have fun!

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #2516 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:25 AM »
28 is a prime age for getting into the dating game. There's heaps of desperate early-mid 30's women out there, whose standards were too high in their 20's and now they're running out of options. Who do you think all those whinging advice columns asking "where have all the good men gone?" are aimed at? Some of them are nice people who were just a bit unrealistic and now reality is catching up. My own workplace is packed with them. Some of them are pretty nice to look at too.

Have fun!

I'm going to print out this post and frame it and hang it up on my wall.  Thanks!  :::cheers:::

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2517 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
Sig makes a good point - there are a lot of people for whom the first time around didn't work out.

As an old sage viewing the current goings-on ........  :engel:  ..... I feel these days for so many young women it is all about the Wedding Day - they get caught up in some fantasy world of a magic day spending thousands and then reality kicks in some weeks later.

Second time around you are aware of the mistakes and look more carefully.

You still may get it wrong, but you can still have fun and keep trying.

My wife married young, got divorced and then got really lucky and made a very wise decision .................  :closed-eyes:

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2518 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
In the words of some great philosopher that I forget which one: "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend unto my death your right to say it."
That saying is regularly (incorrectly) attributed to Voltaire.  :icon_mrgreen:

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to mis-attribute this quote to Voltaire.
-- Avram Grumer, rec.arts.sf.written, May 2000

It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2519 on: March 02, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
My wife married young, got divorced and then got really lucky and made a very wise decision .................  :closed-eyes:

She got rich enough to trek around the world and see all the stuff she wanted to and got to have alot of men all over the world and got so many experiences from that. And after that she settled down with an older man that has an obsession with toy soldiers and won't fuzz to much with her to give her her much needed rest?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #2520 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »

She got rich enough to trek around the world and see all the stuff she wanted to and got to have alot of men all over the world and got so many experiences from that. And after that she settled down with an older man that has an obsession with toy soldiers and won't fuzz to much with her to give her her much needed rest?

:biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #2521 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »
Man, this is why I love the W-E community!  So much good advice and a great community feel. 

I had never seen that Fantasy and Family article before!  Thanks Midaski!  Have one on my tab!  :::cheers:::   :happy:

Also, a Christian Nympho site?  Where do I sign up!?...  :biggriin:

BTW, Hard Drive restored/fixed - just needed a new case.
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2522 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
Man, this is why I love the W-E community!  So much good advice and a great community feel. 

I had never seen that Fantasy and Family article before!  Thanks Midaski!  Have one on my tab!  :::cheers:::   :happy:

Also, a Christian Nympho site?  Where do I sign up!?...  :biggriin:

BTW, Hard Drive restored/fixed - just needed a new case.

This post seems much too happy to be in this thread ..................

as to the Nymphos - you'll have to google it yourself.   :engel:

Hey I typed 'goggle' first time round - freudian slip or what ...............

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #2523 on: March 02, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »

Yes dear.   :biggriin:

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
« Reply #2524 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:01 PM »
Super cells going by my house right now. Crazy tornadoes killing people. 80mph winds outside sounds like someone activated my Storm Banner dangit :icon_sad:

Golfball sized hail:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:42:42 PM by Odominus »
Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...