home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537577 times)

Offline towishimp

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3000 on: September 08, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
Old farts at the office are the worst. Especially if they're really into outdated technology(voicemail, fax, et al).

I think old farts in general are the worst, but that's just because of my job.  Old people are about 50% of my calls for service, and it's usually because they fell down or they're pissed at teenagers because they're acting like teenagers...you know, such heinous crimes as riding skateboards, talking loudly in front of their house, or setting off fireworks.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3001 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »
You do realise that you are the old farts of tomorrow, don't you?
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3002 on: September 08, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
If there's any truth to eating salt making you retain water, maybe load up on that so you can retain an extra pound's worth?
I'll try that! thanks. before I go to get weighed in I'm just going to stuff myself and not poop till after....
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #3003 on: September 08, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »
I think old farts in general are the worst, but that's just because of my job.  Old people are about 50% of my calls for service, and it's usually because they fell down or they're pissed at teenagers because they're acting like teenagers...you know, such heinous crimes as riding skateboards, talking loudly in front of their house, or setting off fireworks.

My friend's psychotic neighbor likes to call 911 on us - notably for "building bombs in the garage"(fireworks) or "lighting fires"(having a firepit). Is it common to actually prosecute people who tie up the emergency lines with BS?

I mean to be a cool old person like Patrick Stewart, Roy Dotrice, Bettie White, Sean Connery, et cetera.  :icon_mrgreen:
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3004 on: September 08, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Is it common to actually prosecute people who tie up the emergency lines with BS?

We (dispatchers) wish!  It's actually very hard to make a case for those charges, because you have to prove malicious intent.  If -- in their senile, delusional world -- they have a legit concern, it's a legit call.  Plus, it's good customer service to treat every call as important (and we do, even if we're fuming through the forced smile).   

Not me, baby.  I plan to be dead before I get anywhere near 60.  Better to burn out than to fade away.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #3005 on: September 08, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »
With the way medical science is going, being old just gets better and better. Hell 60 is nothing. My dad's 62 and when I went to buy a pullup bar for working out at home, he busted out 5 pullups without breaking a sweat to "test that it could take your weight" (show off).

Old senile people, that's another story. The number of calls we get from old people trying to donate blood despite having had like 5 heart attacks is ridiculous.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3006 on: September 08, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »
With the way medical science is going, being old just gets better and better. Hell 60 is nothing. My dad's 62 and when I went to buy a pullup bar for working out at home, he busted out 5 pullups without breaking a sweat to "test that it could take your weight" (show off).

Old senile people, that's another story. The number of calls we get from old people trying to donate blood despite having had like 5 heart attacks is ridiculous.

Yeah, maybe you're right...I could still be having fun at 60.  I'll be eligible to retire at 55 (as if that'll still be true 25 years from now!); I definitely plan to stick around as long as I'm working and therefore productive.  After that, I'm gone.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3007 on: September 08, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
I'm still having fun ............................  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3008 on: September 08, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
I'll be eligible to retire at 55 (as if that'll still be true 25 years from now!); I definitely plan to stick around as long as I'm working and therefore productive.  After that, I'm gone.

By the time you are 55, it is likely that the retirement age will be 70. :icon_wink:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3009 on: September 08, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
By the time you are 55, it is likely that the retirement age will be 70. :icon_wink:

Tell me about it.  In that case, I'll just go on a suicide vacation after I get my 20-year bonus check and have topped out my vacation time.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3010 on: September 08, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
So yes the Badgers played like shit today but god damn it another shit call to end the game for them....total BS man.....
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3011 on: September 08, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »
Yeah that was straight up pathetic. You guys are not as advertised this season. It sucks. I've been there.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3012 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:51 AM »
And it extremely perplexing too. I mean yeah Wisconsin lost a lot of talent but the Oline is still supposed to be pretty good though today (and last week to a point) the offensive play calling by the new coordinator has been very strange. Now I understand teams that have shit run games giving up after 1-10 run fails but the Badgers try and bash through since their linemen are often larger and more athletic than opponents. Oh well...though on a side not why don't we have a NCAA Football thread in The Back Table?

I mean if anything to vent my hatred of the Wolverines and their fans ;).......
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #3013 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:04 AM »
I hate lawyers that do a half ass job and flail around doing damage.

I hate lawyers that enable that shit instead of standing up to it.

I hate lawyers that are arrogant pricks who tell the same fucking stories over and over while you pay them.

And finally I hate lawyers who are lazy pussies.

Yea, today sucked.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #3014 on: September 14, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »
I hate lawyers that do a half ass job and flail around doing damage.

I hate lawyers that enable that shit instead of standing up to it.

I hate lawyers that are arrogant pricks who tell the same fucking stories over and over while you pay them.

And finally I hate lawyers who are lazy pussies.

Yea, today sucked.

:cheers:
:engel:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3015 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:52 PM »
lawyers rank slightly below estate agents on my douchehog list.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #3016 on: September 14, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
lawyers rank slightly below estate agents on my douchehog list.

I love you too.
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3017 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
Speaking of lawyers and unhappy random thoughts...

I may have to get a lawyer soon.  My wife said she'd take care of our dissolution herself (she works at the county divorce court), but it's been about a month now.  My polite inquiries have met with excuses.  I'm contemplating an ultimatum; if she continues to drag her feet, I'm going to have to hire a lawyer to draw up the paperwork. 

The thing that bugs me is I'm not sure what the holdup is.  This whole divorce thing was her idea in the first place.  I've asked her if something's changed or if there's something holding her back, but she's repeatedly said that there isn't.  My only theory (based on hearsay) is that she's upset with how well I'm doing (I was a bit of a mess when we were married, but our separation has really let me find myself and work out a lot of my issues).  I just want the closure, and the assurance that she's not going to mess with my taking over the house (which I've been living in since she left).

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #3018 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:42 AM »
Speaking of lawyers and unhappy random thoughts...

I may have to get a lawyer soon.  My wife said she'd take care of our dissolution herself (she works at the county divorce court), but it's been about a month now.  My polite inquiries have met with excuses.  I'm contemplating an ultimatum; if she continues to drag her feet, I'm going to have to hire a lawyer to draw up the paperwork. 

The thing that bugs me is I'm not sure what the holdup is.  This whole divorce thing was her idea in the first place.  I've asked her if something's changed or if there's something holding her back, but she's repeatedly said that there isn't.  My only theory (based on hearsay) is that she's upset with how well I'm doing (I was a bit of a mess when we were married, but our separation has really let me find myself and work out a lot of my issues).  I just want the closure, and the assurance that she's not going to mess with my taking over the house (which I've been living in since she left).

She could be setting you up for a huge score.  After all, she has all the information, knowledge and power.

Lawyer up.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #3019 on: September 15, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »
+1, get a lawyer mate. Think of it as another type of insurance.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #3020 on: September 15, 2012, 06:15:03 PM »
Lawyer up, hit the gym, delete facebook.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3021 on: September 15, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »

Is that your advice for Towi or just for anyone in general?
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3022 on: September 15, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

Not bad advice.  Debating the lawyer, been working out a lot, and have blocked or de-friended her and all her friends.  So doing pretty good.

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #3023 on: September 15, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »
You have to go farther than that.  Her lawyer will troll it for bad information about you.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3024 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:09 PM »
You have to go farther than that.  Her lawyer will troll it for bad information about you.
It's true. They actually do that.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine