home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537550 times)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #3200 on: December 18, 2012, 04:34:34 AM »
Alright the Dickey trade was made final today, to those Canadian members of the board you better well be Blue Jay fans next year because I'm going to be and what with no NHL and the CFL done for some time what else do you folks have?....
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #3201 on: December 18, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
Bawtrm did the same the other day.  I have modified his post.  Let's not get into this folks, particularly here.

Yeah, thanks for that PhillyT. It was just the shock after that horrible news. There was no need for me to start beating that old dead horse after the Back Table meltdown.

:smile2:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #3202 on: December 19, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Motivated and in the mood to get some serious painting work done, but stuck at work for another five hours. *rage*
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3203 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
Motivated and in the mood to get some serious painting work done, but stuck at work for another five hours. *rage*
that is precisely my thoughts on exercise.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3204 on: December 21, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
Just ...  :icon_frown:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3207 on: December 21, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
awe no worries PCoD :smile2:
happiness is bacon pancakes
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3208 on: December 23, 2012, 01:45:45 AM »
I hate getting someone something for Christmas and you like it so much you want to keep it  :|
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3209 on: December 23, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »
I hate getting someone something for Christmas and you like it so much you want to keep it  :|

What is it!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3210 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »
2 boxes of wagames factory Skeletons  :laugh: not the greatest models but I keep looking at them and thinking "hey that is the great start to a VC or Tomb king army....."
― Thomas Paine

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3212 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »
Soooo, I was already set to spend New Year's Eve with my girl, when last night she texts me and says that her parents and her stepsister and her husband have invited us on this riverboat cruise and overnight hotel stay that they're all going on.  After wondering all last night if this meant what I thought it meant, I finally manned up today and initiated the "sooo, are we staying in the same hotel room at this thing?", to which the answer was "yes."  Shit just got real!

Well, shit just got a little less real.  Our overnight plans have been scrapped due to her dad "not being comfortable" with us sharing a room.  My initial reaction was to say "who gives a fuck, you're a grown woman."  But since he's attending the same event and she still lives with him, there's something to be said for not stirring the pot.  We're still going to be spending the evening together - fancy dinner and chilling at my place until the ball drops (and the possibility of her staying the night), but I'm a little disappointed and miffed at his meddling.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3213 on: December 23, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »
Bah.  Not surprising really.

However, where there's a will, there's away.  What he doesn't know won't hurt him. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3214 on: December 23, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
Soooo, I was already set to spend New Year's Eve with my girl, when last night she texts me and says that her parents and her stepsister and her husband have invited us on this riverboat cruise and overnight hotel stay that they're all going on.  After wondering all last night if this meant what I thought it meant, I finally manned up today and initiated the "sooo, are we staying in the same hotel room at this thing?", to which the answer was "yes."  Shit just got real!

Just wondering what it means I think it means.  :icon_wink:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3215 on: December 23, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
Well, shit just got a little less real.  Our overnight plans have been scrapped due to her dad "not being comfortable" with us sharing a room.  My initial reaction was to say "who gives a fuck, you're a grown woman."  But since he's attending the same event and she still lives with him, there's something to be said for not stirring the pot.  We're still going to be spending the evening together - fancy dinner and chilling at my place until the ball drops (and the possibility of her staying the night), but I'm a little disappointed and miffed at his meddling.

Understand your position, but to be honest I understand his position as well.  I'd probably feel the same way if I were him.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline kera foehunter

• Members
« Reply #3216 on: December 23, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
Lol  I see the Father played the alpha male card  on you Buddie.
He know what  you trying.  Suck it up..  But sweetie ,  no one expect you to get lucky on Jan 2

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3217 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:20 AM »
Understand your position, but to be honest I understand his position as well.  I'd probably feel the same way if I were him.

Lol  I see the Father played the alpha male card  on you Buddie.

Yeah, I do.  I'm over the initial perceived insult at this point.  He's very protective of her, and has plenty of reason to be, so I don't blame him.  I was just excited about our plans.  But our new plans are gonna be awesome too...assuming I can get a decent dinner reservation at this point...
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #3218 on: December 24, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »
I reckon he's just testing you, seeing what happens after he withdrew that particular approval.

It's cool man, she sounds damn near perfect.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3219 on: December 24, 2012, 07:41:29 AM »
Second Lieutenants: A-holes that don't know land nav  :x
You'd think a college degree might make them smarter but sorry some botany degree does not give anyone a right to tell me what to do.
― Thomas Paine

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3220 on: December 24, 2012, 08:14:17 AM »
You'd think a college degree might make them smarter but sorry some botany degree does not give anyone a right to tell me what to do.
nope but the chain-o-command does....
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3221 on: December 24, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »
They can't do anything to me  :engel: Worse thing that will happen is Sgt. will chew me out and then congratulate me when no one is looking.
― Thomas Paine

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #3222 on: December 24, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
nope but the chain-o-command does....

You mean the chain they go beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here?
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3223 on: December 24, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
You mean the chain they go beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here?

Well played. :::cheers:::
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3224 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
I'm actually really discontent that the mods won't change my name back.  :unsure: