home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537579 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #4125 on: June 03, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »
That's just what they want you to think.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4126 on: June 04, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »

That's just what they want you to think drink.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
« Reply #4127 on: July 11, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »
Girlfriend broke up with me. One part says "yeah now I can go out and try something/-one new" while another part says "but I don't want new, I want her". Guess which part keeps me up at night.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4128 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
All the new ladies? Kudos to you casanova

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4129 on: July 11, 2014, 07:05:27 PM »
A man is his own best friend in dark days like that.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4130 on: July 11, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
Exactly: guess which part keeps him up at night.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline red shift

• Members
« Reply #4131 on: July 11, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
Don't think too much on it. Put it this way, would you rather buy a book or borrow one from the library? Go look for another book and if  you're lucky it will be one you won't want to return. If you're even luckier she'll let you take the dust jacket off ;)

• Members
« Reply #4132 on: July 18, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
What a shitty day

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #4133 on: July 20, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #4134 on: July 20, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
He woke up next to Aldaris.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• Members
« Reply #4135 on: July 20, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »
Donīt you know..we split up he is too much of a wuzz for my taste.

• Members
« Reply #4136 on: August 04, 2014, 09:06:10 AM »
As several of you might know I have divorced with my wife who also is active on this forum.

I am really unhappy about how this community is handling the overall situation.

The whole Fight Club...you do not talk about the fight club! approach leaves me feeling gagged and not able to express my feelings and thoughts at all any more.

There are several issues floating around regarding this but I donīt feel that anybody really cares about them, on the other hand everytime I vent even a small amount of the negativity my posts get deleted and I get informed via pm that I should take the fight off the forum, from my perspective I am not trying to make the forum a battlefield but as usual share my thoughts.

As of yesterday my ex wife posted something that was immensly annoying to me. I replied in a VERY civil matter...still both posts got deleted.

As it is...I feel very unwelcome at Warhammer-Empire at the moment.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #4137 on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:46 AM »
Consider not trying to forcibly involve everyone into your personal quarrel. I saw the posts in question yesterday. Your ex-wife posted she was thankful to you for introducing her to the hobby in the first place, to which you responded with accusations that she's out to destroy your life. So even if you feel this way:

from my perspective I am not trying to make the forum a battlefield but as usual share my thoughts.

It is, in fact, trying to make the forum into a battlefield. I still don't take sides in this, even after your ultimatum to me, and every other forum member is even less qualified than me to judge who is right and who is wrong. So please just stop trying to force people to take sides, at least on here.

I don't have the impression that you're not welcome here anymore. I enjoy reading many of your posts, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just accept that this is not the place for this particular issue.

• Members
« Reply #4138 on: August 04, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
Her post...as I stated in my response is an insult after all the stuff she did lately.

Really no need at all to leave that post standing.

She can post as much as she wants but she needs to leave me and people connected to me out of it!

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #4139 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »
For heaven's sake, I said: "Our relationship had positive aspects I will always appreciate and be grateful for." That's how I feel about it, that's the message,  and it's a purely positive one.

• Members
« Reply #4140 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
But completely contradicting how you act in real life...so a lie and therefore an incredibly insult. Stop it. And leave me and my family alone.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4141 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
I think rufus deleted the posts - in accordance with discussions amongst all the Mods in the staff board.

The problem is that this forum is too friendly - the relaxed attitude here, and also the Bash has made a lot of us proper friends rather than 'online buddies'.
There have been threads where members have 'vented' about relationships, but the other party was NOT a member, and that is where this is different.

There have been some nasty accusations flying around, and none of us know the truth.
Even Aldaris who is the member closest to the situation wants to remain neutral.
I think we'd all like to see you sort this out and try to be friends.

Please Fandir, and Weib too, if you wish to discuss things with your 'friends' then do it on PM - please can we keep all references to your relationship off the boards.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4142 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »
while I think the odd unhappy, or happy, post is fine, I do not think it is healthy to engage in online tit for tat arguments. regardless of who is right.

people do care but know it can only end badly... just like starting a thread on abortion or israel in the BT!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #4143 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »
For forums health:
Each make a thread (if you desire) to express your perspective, and anyone that wants to get involve can join you. Like any other recurring topic I think this is the best solution, and no need to have a recurring topic showing up around the forum. If this topic can be contain within these threads, then I do not think your replies should be deleted. There are plenty of threads, and replies that are not censored that I do not think the mods should babysit this topic.

Suggestion for your lives:
I would also suggest mute each other, since neither of you need the other's opinion on anything. You two have pretty good lives, opportunities, and friends that you dont need to even THINK about the other person.

Personally I think each of you is an interesting and nice person, and this issue will keep you from really enjoying what may lay ahead.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4144 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:17 AM »
Rofl, no.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4145 on: August 04, 2014, 10:35:42 AM »
well, #2 is a decent idea.... #1 is just horrible.

Pass the machete.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4146 on: August 04, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »
By the way, I find it pretty unlikely people are going to be friends, and that's ok. Phil and Zif aren't friends, who gives a shit. That's their business.

But when one mentions the other don't be shocked if the other responds, for heaven's sake. And be consistent - it's either off limits or it's not.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4147 on: August 04, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »
@Realjuan
No this is not some sort of newsaper with a 'problem page', or  relationship/marriage guidance bureau.

This is a forum dedicated to table top wargaming, and when I joined back in the mists of time, the Counts Tavern woudl have been heresy, and the BT would have given the Staff then heart attacks ........ ask rufus he was here then - before me  :engel:

Sig:
The staff have decided it's "Off Limits"

....... and I have allowed this discussion so everyone realises it now.

Ok - it's at an end NOW.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4148 on: August 04, 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
Phil and Zif aren't friends,
are you sure? I thought it was just playful banter... lolol

Pass the machete.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #4149 on: August 04, 2014, 10:56:43 AM »
"the Counts Tavern woudl have been heresy, and the BT would have given the Staff then heart attacks"
I think I would had enjoy those times.

What ever keeps my "show new replies to your posts" to stuff that I am interested in, is good by me.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau