home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537555 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #4625 on: August 22, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »
I'm giving out prizes for whomever guesses the right motivation for this guy's actions.

The retarded belief that there's such a thing as genitals in heaven and that a horde of virgins await? :-P(Osama should have went the full mile and also promised a hundred golden toilets as well  :icon_rolleyes:)

Cheers for those marines. :::cheers:::

Amen to that. Semper Fi. Guys like them are the real heroes.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #4626 on: August 22, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
I'm giving out prizes for whomever guesses the right motivation for this guy's actions.

The retarded belief that there's such a thing as genitals in heaven and that a horde of virgins await? :-P(Osama should have went the full mile and also promised a hundred golden toilets as well  :icon_rolleyes:)

Amen to that. Semper Fi. Guys like them are the real heroes.
Evidently it was an Airman and a Soldier rather than Marines but still.  :::cheers::: Quick thinking on their part.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4627 on: August 22, 2015, 12:50:16 PM »

You win! You get a few bitz. PM me your address. (yes I was serious.)
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #4628 on: August 22, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »
Haha, I thought you were joking around. Thanks anyway but I have enough bitz at the moment. I'm not really a guy who likes free stuff anyway, I prefer to earn it.

If your have financial issues wouldn't it be best to sell those anyway? A couple dollars can go a long way towards keeping you off this thread.  :icon_wink:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4629 on: August 22, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »
I don't do dollars. Looks like monopoly money! And it's the most easily laundered money in the world. I'm srs, though. GIMME YOUR ADDRESS or I will...not send you bits? It's your call at any rate. Le shrug!

Well. Look who didn't saw this coming?
NOBODY, that's who.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34027439

Immediate reaction to this tidbit:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:31:39 PM by Syphon »

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4630 on: August 22, 2015, 07:59:22 PM »
It looks to me, the Baron has forfeited his bits. But I am willing to proxy.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4631 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »
No I am Spartacus!

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4632 on: August 23, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
Fine, bits giveout! Fidelis and Gankom get free bits! PM me your addresses, guys.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4633 on: September 02, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »

I'm so incredibly lucky to be a white european
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4635 on: September 02, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »
To much, made me cry.
But where can we put them all? Bad timing. If the Syrian war had been 10 years ago we would have taken them all
 But they are transiting through an economically broken land heading for the stable, prosperous areas of northern Europe.
What worries me is that this is the sort of thing that happens in the build up to serious trouble in Europe on a decade or so.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4636 on: September 02, 2015, 10:02:37 PM »
Emo-politics driven by fleeting media frenzy is never a good idea.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4638 on: September 03, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
To much, made me cry.

Made me cry too, as well as video of a man cradling his two dead daughters from Yarmouk camp, who look like they've been executed (hands cuffed and single headshot wound).

What a total fucking mess it is.

Pass the machete.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4639 on: September 03, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »

Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the head of the Catholic church in England and Wales, said: “This is a disgrace. That we are letting people die and seeing dead bodies on the beaches, when together, Europe is such a wealthy place. We should be able to fashion a short-term response, not just a long-term response.

“It is no longer an abstract problem of people on the scrounge. It’s not. It’s people who are desperate for the sake of their families, their elderly, their youngsters, their children. And the more we see that the more the opportunity for a political response that is a bit more generous, is growing. What is screaming out is the human tragedy of this problem, to which we can be more generous.”

Pass the machete.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4640 on: September 03, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
They'd been denied Asylum in Canada, the mother's sister has lived in Vancouver for 20 years.

Pass the machete.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #4641 on: September 03, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
Not sure how the situation is in your country, but apart from insane people burning down urgently needed accommodation  :icon_twisted:, there are groups in Germany doing their best to help by collecting donations in various forms and trying to help refugees in their cities personally by accompanying them to local authorities, interpreting etc.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4642 on: September 03, 2015, 10:50:02 AM »

Cardinal Vincent Nichols, the head of the Catholic church in England and Wales, said: “This is a disgrace. That we are letting people die and seeing dead bodies on the beaches, when together, Europe is such a wealthy place. We should be able to fashion a short-term response, not just a long-term response.

“It is no longer an abstract problem of people on the scrounge. It’s not. It’s people who are desperate for the sake of their families, their elderly, their youngsters, their children. And the more we see that the more the opportunity for a political response that is a bit more generous, is growing. What is screaming out is the human tragedy of this problem, to which we can be more generous.”

Something like this has been, is and will be happening all the time all over the world. Of course, a true Christian will provide shelter to the poor and desperate from all over the world, and not only go bankrupt in the process, but also be prepared to live in a completely different culture (and I am not being sarcastic here: that would be the Christian thing to do).

However, politicians are in the first place responsible for the welfare of their nations, which is not served by mass migration. Besides, as pointed out earlier:

Some facts:

- Unless active counter-measures are taken, immigration is self-perpetuating and will always cause more immigration (both legal and illegal).
- Refugees that have crossed several safe countries, but keep going on, because living conditions and job prospects are better elsewhere, are quite obviously not fleeing in fear of their lives anymore, but do so for other reasons.
- An estimated 30% of the migrants are from Syria ( - or at least claim to be; if possible, migrants tend to claim the nationality with the highest prospect of acceptance). That means that 70% are not.
- With the money spent per asylum seeker in Europe, you can help many more refugees in the neighbouring countries (and stabilise those countries as well).

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4643 on: September 03, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
Not sure how the situation is in your country, but apart from insane people burning down urgently needed accommodation  :icon_twisted:, there are groups in Germany doing their best to help by collecting donations in various forms and trying to help refugees in their cities personally by accompanying them to local authorities, interpreting etc.

Yes, Germany and Merkel leading the way.

@Fidelis, perhaps your heart is moved and you are merely not telling us. Perhaps your heart is moved but you find it irrelevant to the solutions. I hope your heart is moved, anyway.

People are not suggesting just a wholesale opening of borders. the actual fix is stabilising the region- but that is probably impossible.

Pass the machete.

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #4644 on: September 03, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
Yes, Germany and Merkel leading the way.

My statement wasn't a political one. Of course, that's no long-term solution. Just an option that would make a difference for those who are already here anyway, on a personal level, not a political one.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4645 on: September 03, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
Don't look at individuals to fix this. It's been well-known that a certain group of people doesn't know how to behave, unless they are being lorded over by a dictator. Two of those countries are now hellholes because somebody thought it would make the world a better place. And they are trying to do so with a third. But of course, the geopoltical game must continue and the oil must flow! America has always been great at failing to see the long-term future, so to see them fail yet again is nothing new. I don't buy that ISIS is a CIA/Israeli funded/founded operation, but that it is the child of events set in motion by the US and its European buttbuddies is obvious. And now we have them here.

UK is lost. Netherlands are lost. France is lost. Germany? Probably not quite. I suspect the first real uprisings will start there.

You know, what is happening today is exactly the thing I fear most.
That's why I say that Without Warning is scarier than The Exorcist because of two things. We don't need Satan to fuck things up for us, we are more than capable of doing that ourselves. Also, that a few men can dictate the fate of entire nations if not the world. That scares me more than any Pazuzu ever has.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4646 on: September 03, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
@Fidelis, perhaps your heart is moved and you are merely not telling us. Perhaps your heart is moved but you find it irrelevant to the solutions. I hope your heart is moved, anyway.

People are not suggesting just a wholesale opening of borders. the actual fix is stabilising the region- but that is probably impossible.

Of course, I am moved. Who wouldn't be? And as a Christian, I am painfully aware that my faith is clearly wanting.
As you say, the actual fix is stabilising the region, which is impossible - or at least politically impossible.  However, allowing mass migration into Europe is not a fix either. And as the Italians discovered with "Mare Nostrum", a well-intended but flawed cure, taken under emotional media pressure, will only exarcebate the problem. 

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4647 on: September 03, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

Of course, I am moved. Who wouldn't be? And as a Christian, I am painfully aware that my faith is clearly wanting.

good.

My post was about my human reaction and how lucky I am to be a white middle class British person with a stable family life, MA education, job and house.

Pass the machete.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #4648 on: September 03, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »
That one picture appears to have started to sway public (and therefore political) opinion in the UK. The proof is the change in tone of the Labour Party leadership candidates toward a much more 'lets get involved' stance, essentially saying what they think the public currently want to hear.

I have to admit, that photo yesterday was the first time I was genuinely properly moved by it all. It was just statistics before I saw that. I think Germany are coming out of it with much more dignity than most of Europe, as it stands. It's a mess.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4649 on: September 03, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
It is a mess because the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Being moved is fine, as long as it does not stop you from thinking about the longer term consequences of your actions - Mare Nostrum being a case in point. That would have had a positive effect, if they had returned the saved migrants to their point of departure.