home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 167564 times)

Offline WFRPGraeme

• View Profile
    • Graeme Davis's Blog
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1600 on: April 23, 2017, 07:05:39 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I found this forum through Xathrodox's excellent blog It Always Rains in Nuln (http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com).

I'm an old GW hack from the 80's. I co-wrote WFRP 1st edition and the Enemy Within campaign, I was one-third of Flame Publications, and I think I'm the only writer to have published credits on all three editions (so far) of WFRP. Will I make it four? That depends on Cubicle 7!

Anyway, I'm pleased to be here. I have a blog at graemedavis.wordpress.com which includes a lot of Warhammer and GW memories, and also a Freebies page with a couple of free things for WFRP1 to download (and a My Books page with links to everything that currently earns me royalties, he said, rattling his tin cup).

You can also find me in the WFRP 1st Edition Fans Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/47210006548/), among other places.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 23, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
Welcome!

I've been running a forum game of the Enemy Within campaign for some years now, and it's been great. So, thanks for that!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 23, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
Xath is bringing out the big mortar now 😸
Welcome and enjoy the stay. I have Xath's blog pinned on my fav's as well.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
« Reply #1603 on: April 25, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
I'm very glad to see you here Mr. Davis. This is a great website, full of people who know the Oldhammer really well. I'm very humbled by your words. Thank you.

@Artobans Ghost: I'm done with mortars. Bring up the Ulric's Thunder! http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thunderball :biggriin:

Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 25, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
😸👆👍
Havnt seen that before!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline greenknight

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: May 28, 2017, 04:35:10 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is George! I am 27 years old and I leave in Greece! I fell in love with warhammer from the first time I saw some miniatures being sold at my local fantasy store! I always wanted to make a huge army of mixed Empire and Bretonnian models but for some reasons (mostly economic) I never had the chance to do so! When things changed, my most wanted models, both Empire and Bretonnian were gone (damn)! So I decided to make a huge project of something else that would combine both armies at one!!! So at the moment l am building a stormcast eternals army converted with Empire and Bretonnian parts (feathered heads, helmets, weapons, transfers, mounts etc)! So I decided to register in this amazing forum and get more ideas on painting, converting and trading and everything else related to the Empire!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 28, 2017, 04:59:36 PM »
Welcome!  :-)

There's a good subforum on AoS, with people who really know about the new models and how to flavor them with the traditional Empire look.

Don't hesitate to post ideas and work-in-progress pictures in the Bursh & Palette. Not everyone here goes to the AoS subforum, but everyone likes to give their good advice.

Your avatar is somehow familiar. From the T9A forum?

:::cheers:::

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline greenknight

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 28, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »
Welcome!  :-)

There's a good subforum on AoS, with people who really know about the new models and how to flavor them with the traditional Empire look.

Don't hesitate to post ideas and work-in-progress pictures in the Bursh & Palette. Not everyone here goes to the AoS subforum, but everyone likes to give their good advice.

Your avatar is somehow familiar. From the T9A forum?

:::cheers:::

-Z

Thanks for the info!
About the avatar, l can use only mobile phone at the moment, so l had to pick one at random! Never used that forum you mentioned!

Offline Doc J

• The Prince of Brooklyn Park
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 28, 2017, 06:34:58 PM »
Good to have you greenknight, its always nice to see new members. I use a mix of Bretonnian and Empire models in my army.

What brought you to this forum?
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 29, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
Welcome greenknight. Enjoy your stay in this fine place and that's a really cool avatar. Knight of the Blazing Sun from Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, if I'm not mistaken. :)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 29, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
Welcome! Your AoS experts are here! If there's something stealthknightsteg or baronvonklatz don't know then it doesn't exist 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline greenknight

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:50 AM »
Thanks a lot for the warm welcoming guys! And to answer to an important question, what brought me to this forum is the fact that it combines almost everything regarding the empire. Cool photos of armies, conversions, painting ideas, army lists, play styles and many more! Found it while searching for converting ideas on Empire/Bretonnian Knights and was amazed!

Offline Doc J

• The Prince of Brooklyn Park
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 30, 2017, 02:21:24 AM »
greenknight if you like it tell your friends and help the forum grow  :-)
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #1613 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
Welcome! Your AoS experts are here! If there's something stealthknightsteg or baronvonklatz don't know then it doesn't exist 😺

Yes I am the all knowing Goeroe of AoS..

ehmm no but I try to know a lot or try to bestimate things :)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Sergeant Henry

• Koblenz / Germany
    • https://www.facebook.com/heiko.breitenbach
    • View Profile
    • Rhine Toppers
« Reply #1614 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »
Hello,

my name is Heiko and I am from Germany.
I live in the city of Koblenz and I am 50 years young! :happy:
I play Warhammer since 2007 and I started with an army of Dwarfs and in 2009 I started with my Empire-Army.
It is an army of Hochland and I called it "Das Kurfürstliche Garde-Armeekorps von Hochland"! :biggriin:
Some units of my Hochland-Army are painted and the other parts waiting for paint.
I have some more armies for Warhammer (Dwarfs, Ogre, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Arabia), some troops for 40k (Ultramarines, Chaos Space Marines, Orcs), many troops for LotR and a Welsh-Army for SAGA.
My favourite however is my Hochland-Army! :icon_mrgreen: I play the 8th edition of Warhammer.
I am the leader of a Wargaming-Community in Koblenz called the "Rhine Toppers"!
Another hobby is British Military Music.
My English ist not so good but I hope you can understand me! :icon_biggrin:

Best regards, Heiko

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 18, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »
Welcome Sergeant Henry!
There's never enough hochlanders 😺!
If I can count correctly I'm 53 so we're close.  Always loved the empire but have a lot of armies both Warhammer and 40k. You've  ecome to be right spot regarding everything empire related. The expertise is staggering and everyone likes to help.
Look forward to hearing and seeing more!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 19, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »
Welcome!

Please post pics of your army, and show your progress as you paint more units.

Your English is good!  :-)

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 21, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »
Welcome to the forums and glory to Hochland! :biggriin:

Gneisenau

Offline Sjus

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 22, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
Hey ya'll!

I'm from Denmark, 25 years young, been collecting for well about 5 years and playing for about 6 months. Well travelled in the hobby yet new to the game.
I mainly do Empire as they are the only faction that have managed to hold my relatively short attention span for a long enough period to collect a whole army. That is put together and paint. I've got 3, might be 4, armies of elves, brets and chaos scattered around in bits and pieces but thats a project for a later date. Or year. -s. Plural.
I've been using the forum here for some time to just look around, read up, get some inspiration but decided to join in as it's always nice to be around likeminded sigmarites  :happy:
Exited to be here! Currently working on photographing my army because who doesn't like to show what they've got once in a while?
All the best!
//Sjus
"We will stand! We will not waver! We will fight and we will die! But the Empire will prevail! For the Emperor! For the Empire! For t...."
- Empire Sergeant Adelbrand Horst, last words before he was crushed under a falling giant.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 22, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
Welcome Sjus! I think you've found the right home for sure! The amount of knowledge and professionalism is simply staggering. Plus being in the home of the Viking metal band Svarstot certainly does help if you like that sort of thing. I'm crazy about their Ravens Saga but that's me - somewhat crazy 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 23, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
Welcome sjus!

The bret / chaos project has me curious...?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 28, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »
Welcome sjus! Always happy to see new faces here. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Sjus

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 03, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »
Welcome sjus!

The bret / chaos project has me curious...?

Just two separate army projects. Would like a Warriors of Chaos army with a look of real hardened warriors of the north. The Brettonia are painted as a royal danish army from the late medievals. But they are both largely undone.
 :happy:
"We will stand! We will not waver! We will fight and we will die! But the Empire will prevail! For the Emperor! For the Empire! For t...."
- Empire Sergeant Adelbrand Horst, last words before he was crushed under a falling giant.

« Reply #1623 on: August 17, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm Warlord Arskittar!

I have recently dived back into the world of Warhammer Fantasy, after a long time away whilst reeling from AoS. I was active over on the UnderEmpire.net as well as MoulderPitfighters (which should present something of a clue as to what I used to collect) however I am now looking to get back into the game, with a Dogs of War themed Empire Army.

I shall post my very slow progress here, as well as maybe starting up/joining in with some play-by-post RPs.

Glad to be here everyone!   :smile2:

PS - Your Smileys are fantastic.

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 17, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Welcome to the forums. There are two PBP topics here - one is for the Shadows of the Bogenhafen and the other is a Rogue Trader one. I love the Skaven BTW! I'd like to see some of your stuff. :)

Gneisenau