home

Author Topic: Well done everybody! What now?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Well done everybody! What now?
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »
We've taken back the Watchmen from the Middenlanders! This is good news indeed  :twisted: ... We've also managed to take it by a 5000-point margin, meaning Middenland is right back where it started conquest-wise.

Udo's Fall is now contested, but don't worry: we still have an access point to Bechafen during this round. We've only lost by a very small margin there, too; 1000 points or so. Should be very easy to get back.

The only real bad news are the new modifiers... +25% for all Middenland battles anywhere, +25% bonus in Bechafen, only one skirmish battle per day... Where's our bonus for retaking BOTH our locations in two rounds :wink: ?
Oh well. We're Stirlanders. We don't need bonuses :twisted: . All we need is sharp steel in our hand, and strong faith in our lord Sigmar. Besides, we've been getting lots of bonuses lately, it'll be our turn shortly.

As for a new plan: we should put some effort in retaking Udo's Fall. The Talabeclanders might be tempted to attack Bechafen now, or at least keep fighting Middenland for a while... Meaning they can't post everything at Udo's.
Keep playing skirmishes in Bechafen, we really need to be capturing it sometime soon. Talabecland is gaining on us, fast.
Finally, we need to decide about Middenland: attack or defense? I personally feel more for an assault, but we'll need to put extra effort in it with Middenland having the bonus and all... Perhaps defense is a better idea, but we tried that once, and it failed...
So, any suggestions?
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline PygmyHippo

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Washington, DC, U.S.A.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 06:54:07 PM »
I say defend Uneasy Watchman in great force.  The Middenland modifiers are going to really hurt us this round.  Retake Udo's if possible, but I'd rather lose Udo's than Uneasy at this point.  If folks were inclined, my suggestion would be to post 50% of all our battle reports at Uneasy, 50% of battle reports at Bechafen, and 100% of skirmishes at Bechafen (obviously).  Ignore all other locations.

I don't know how many rounds are left in the campaign, so we need to start thinking in terms of only 2 or 3 rounds left at most.  If there are more, fine, if there are 3 or less, we need to start going for broke; all or nothing.  I say pummel Uneasy with lots of reports to offset the Middenland modifier, and pour the remaining half of our resources into Bechafen.  As far as I can tell, Middenland bonuses are going to count in Bechafen, too.  Regardless, I don't think we need to bring that to anyone's attention on the boards, lest the Middenlanders post all their results in Bechafen.  They'd gain a lead that would be essentially insurmountable there.

Marcus

Offline wojammer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:25:06 AM »
I say we defend the watchman and assault udo's fall.

Offline Fred

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:33:49 AM »
I say we push into Fort Grigory early and force the Middenlanders on the back foot. They DARE to take our provinces. We should also try to secure Udo's. Middenland usually hold everything back til late, so if we attack their early it will force them to defend the location and take pressure off the Watchman.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 04:15:20 AM »
I dont think that we should move forward at all on the middenland front.  Any postings at fort grigory will be easily defeated.  We should defend the watchman.  I think that we should try to take udos fall as talabecland has its bechafen bonus.  Posting skirmishes there can really help us prevent talabecland from gaining control especially as they have been beefed up.  I say 50 watchman 50 udos and plenty skirmishing.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 10:16:13 AM »
So, we'll take back Udo's, defend the Watchmen and post skirmishes in Bechafen...
I agree with this, perhaps it is better to be cautious. Besidfes, we have a way better chance of taking back Udo's than of capturing Grigory.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Members
  • Empire GT Winner
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 03:56:30 PM »
Well done everyone. We have re-taken what was stolen from us by chicanery. Now is the time for assault. We should continue to post along the frontier at Bechenhaven, Udo's, and the Watchman...but every-other report should be placed squarely upon the walls of Fort Grigory. It's time to put a little hurtin' on those that started this fight, and entered into the unholy alliance.

Upon Grigory's fall, we will continue our advance onto Raukov...then the middenlanders will be re-paid in full for their transgressions.

The Village Idiot
Quickly everyone, chant the Canticle of the Battalion Concept. Maybe we can convert him!
-Rufus Sparkfire, Imperial Scrivener

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 10:24:08 PM »
Yes, however ambitous that may sound, that would really shake up the mids.
'Ello Poppet!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 10:52:06 PM »
Quote from: The Village Idiot
We should continue to post along the frontier at Bechenhaven, Udo's, and the Watchman...but every-other report should be placed squarely upon the walls of Fort Grigory.

Upon Grigory's fall, we will continue our advance onto Raukov...then the middenlanders will be re-paid in full for their transgressions.

I wholeheartedly disagree.  What you have just suggested is that we post everywhere which isnt really much of a strategy.  Remember that middenland has an advantage this round.  We have much to lose by posting at fort grigory.  Any progress there is lost if they can contest the watchman which would be quite easy.  In addition talabecland might be able to fully take udos cutting us off from bechafen again.

Impetuous attacks on fort grigory in round one were what set us on our 3 round retreat.  Both factions have bonuses right now...that is not when we should be attacking. luckily the two factions have begun to fight at bechafen.  Our skirmishing there can prevent them from achieving anything and if we hold the line at the watchman and retake udos then we will be in great position for the next round.  We have proven that we cannot reliably post at 4 places.  Lets not do it now when we are finally moving forward.

Demonslayer had called for postings at udos, the watchman and bechafen.  Lets stick to that until he rules the matter.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 11:19:34 PM »
Our position now is too insecure to launch an effective attack. There'll be plenty of time to do that next round. Right now, let's make sure we have a base to actually launch the attack from.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 06:32:02 AM »
May i remind our generals that attacking fort grigory is NOT part of our plans.  Reference the above posts by myself and demonslayer.  

In the face of a powerful enemy we will be digging in at the watchman, retaking udos, and harassing (skirmishes not battles) at bechafen.

Fort Grigory is simply a bridge too far at this point.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 10:00:11 AM »
We'll put it on our "things to do"-list for next round :wink: .

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »
If we still hold the line then....been getting beat up on for the last two days now...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 12:20:33 PM »
Trust your faith in Sigmar... and the fact that Stirland has had the majority of posts during all the previous rounds.
Things are starting to look grim though, especially at Udo's Fall... Let's put a little more work into it over there.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 09:36:16 PM »
Do we still have an army?

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 10:11:42 PM »
Sure we do :-D ! Think about all those volunteers from Sylvania we still have stocked up somewhere  :twisted: ...

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 03:42:37 PM »
Looking at the tallys we got outright toyed with at udos fall.  We are going to lose it for sure.  We did however gain at both middenland front positions as their focus was on bechafen.  Though final results and modifyers are not in it might seem that the time for us to attack middenland is at hand.

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »
Hmmmm, we have now lost both locations, no possibility of attacking now! Maybe we should hit TUW just cause it will be FAR easier to take. What do you guys think?
'Ello Poppet!

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 08:52:01 PM »
Basically...with only two possible places for us to defend we might actually make some progress.  i would say all out against the watchman with responses to postings at hohleburg.  We have a bonus there anyway.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 03:59:49 PM »
We've got quie a headstart in Hohleburg- recapturing the Uneasy Watchmen would be the best option.