home

Author Topic: Nordland Army Painting Blog  (Read 7536 times)

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
Nordland Army Painting Blog
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »
Alrighty folks, here is my long promised blog of my latest Empire army, based off the Nordland color scheme.  Not a fan of the fluff, but I love the color scheme.  Anyways, I've finally started painting the force, since I have decided to assemble most of my figures first, and then paint them as I go.  So far I have 1 spearman, 1 halberdier, and 6 swordsmen finished, but will be trying to speed up my progress now, so that the next time a tournament around my area comes up, I will hopefully have a fully painted force (plus I have high hopes of winning the best painted award). 

Ok, so to start off, here is a quick picture of most of my figures, minus some swordsmen, that I have stored in my top dresser drawer.  The figures in the upper right corner are some Undead I started to assemble.

A brief picture of some random figures, mostly my hunstman:

My first Halberdier, converted using swordsman arms.  Yes, I plan on painting about 50 + Halberdiers, because I love the look of the figures:

The swordsman that I have painted so far:

The swordsmen I will be painting next:

For those wondering the one on the far right has arms from the late 5th edition crossbowmen arm set (metal arms to add onto the plastic state troops), and the head from one of the 6th edition Helblaster Volley Gun crew.

And last, I wanted to show my converted spearmen.  I wanted to convert the figures as such, since I can't stand the 7th edition figures, and Im not a fan of the lack of variety and the slight size difference of the 6th edition spearmen.

The spears are made from brass rod and the spear tips from the 6th edition spearmen's spears.  The arms are various arms from the swordsmen, halberdier, crossbowmen, and handgunner arms.

The next update with more painted swordsmen will be in about a week or so.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:48:07 AM by Volt »
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

Offline . Ostermark .

• Members
  • The Ostermark
Re: Nordland Army Painting Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:14:52 AM »
Nordland are my second favourite empire army (besides ostermark) and i often fight alongside Nordland, (one of my mates has a 3000pts Nordland/Kislev army) I think your army looks quiet unique, and youve painted it very well!. great work :eusa_clap:
Yes this is the man who makes things that go boom in a very pretty way.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »
Still really liking your paint scheme.

And those spearmen were worth the effort. I really like the different look to them. When I come round to doing some Empire spearmen I may have to use a similar concept...
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
Good stuff Volt.

I've been experimenting a bit mixing 6th and 7th plastics - mainly putting 6th puffy arms on 7th bodies.

However I really like the halberdier.

The spearmen are excellent too.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »
Nice swordsmen!

They look like they could be Marienburgers even.  :icon_smile:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »
excellent job of conversion, and a good paint job=a great army.  I look forward to seeing more as you complete them. steveb

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:27:35 PM »
Nice swordsmen!

They look like they could be Marienburgers even.  :icon_smile:

Thats what I love about the color scheme, nice and bright.  Now you got me thinking about that Marienburg thing, heh.

O and I didn't mention before, but, as noticed, I changed the black rim on the bases to a light brown, because I noticed that with the black, the figures looked more like Golden Deamon showcase figures, rather than for the table top.  Plus the brown goes nice with the basing material color. 

Offline . Ostermark .

• Members
  • The Ostermark
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »
O and I didn't mention before, but, as noticed, I changed the black rim on the bases to a light brown, because I noticed that with the black, the figures looked more like Golden Deamon showcase figures, rather than for the table top.  Plus the brown goes nice with the basing material color. 

I have all my base rims black because i thnik it looks better for individual models, but your right brown does work better with tabletop armies like massive units of infantry.
Yes this is the man who makes things that go boom in a very pretty way.

Offline Silvero

• Members
  • Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »
Very nice models. I realy like that red shields and a range of heads you used for your swordsmen. Looking forward to see all your models from the first photo painted.  :smile2:

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »
I really like the way you paint and the conversions.
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 01:38:52 AM »
Very nice models. I realy like that red shields and a range of heads you used for your swordsmen. Looking forward to see all your models from the first photo painted.  :smile2:

Thanks, I like the red shields as it makes the main colors of the figures the 3 primary colors.  And with the heads (and arm conversions, which will be seen overtime), I used every plastic head available, minus a few from the 7th edition range that don't look quite right (due to small necks or just an odd face in general). 

Variety is the spice of life. :happy: