home

Author Topic: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH-  (Read 19808 times)

Offline -SaH-

• Members
Working on Middenland Army by -SaH-
« on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
Hello to all!
I'm not a painting master, but I wish to show You my work with Empire Army for Middenland.
I'll put some photos once per month/3 weeks I've hope.
Maybe later I'll put some more text, so let's get this party started:

State Troops
Swordsman (painted about year ago)

Spearmen

As I wrote, only Spearmans are recent painting. Rest of models were made about 1 year ago.

Next, I think will be 10 Crossbowmen and maybe 4 Pistoliers:P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:04:49 PM by -SaH- »
To fight Chaos on the battlefields, not to grow rich and fat in the golden halls of the capital, that is the purpose of our Cult! - Boomed Luthor's voice at the Council

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
Re: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH- (31.03.2010)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Hi there -SaH-.

That's a really nice looking army you're building. It seems you're not new to the Empire either, a 4th ed. pistolier, 5th/6th ed. state troops, 6th ed. unipose spearmen and even a converted 4th ed. Altdorf halberdier.  :icon_biggrin:

Really nice conversions in the spear regiment I must say. Please keep posting as your army progresses.

Offline skipper

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:20:04 AM »
I like the models and your painting; however, your skull white is way too dry: you can tell because it appears thick and clumpy; problems I've had with my skull white. Add a few drops of water, and those fellows will looks superb!

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »
I like the white myself but thats not the point. The point is that they are well done!
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Fungus

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:04:20 AM »
Your standard bearer on the recent swordsmen is really well done. It's a lot cleaner than the rest. Keep it up.
Elena

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
Thanks for good words  :smile2:

@Badwolf - I play since 2003 and then I bought first minis. All together my army is worth 4,5-5k?(mostly unpainted or bought allready painted) Never count; but like buying old models, or just bits, like these from 5ed Command Group (You can see them on Spearmens). Also have couple of these old Halberdiers and definitely I'll try to put them swords in hands, not just spears  :icon_cool:

@ElenaDrouin - thank You a lot for "pick up" standard bearer  :blush: I spent couple of hours on him, on sleeves and pants put three layers of paint and so on. He is first from new command group, champ and mus. are: "work in progress" :)

About skull white - yes, it's a little problem, but after finished job I discover that I like it :P But will try Your advice @skipper on more important models, like heroes etc.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:15:35 PM by -SaH- »
To fight Chaos on the battlefields, not to grow rich and fat in the golden halls of the capital, that is the purpose of our Cult! - Boomed Luthor's voice at the Council

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 08:53:42 PM »
Hello!

It isn't that I'm not working, so here is one WiP foto.

I have 6more Crossbowmans to end and this one with pistol is a champion for some State Troops or Empire Captain.

Captain is in new colour scheme for Middenland... I think that darker colours are less "interesting" for an eye, but I've hope the whole regiment will look nicely in black armours :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:06:27 PM by -SaH- »

Offline -SaH-

• Members
Re: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH- (10.06.2010)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »
Eh... Sigmar damn it!
All the time I look at so much armies, that people show on this forum... And my work ended on these 4 crossbowmans above.

But! I survive now a move-out to new apartment and finished Fallout New Vegas :)
In this week will buy new lamp and I hope soon more pics of finished minis appear on my armyblog :)

Also with friends and girlfriend buy a table - 48"/72" so real fight "non on the floor" can begin!  :happy:

Offline stareso

• Members
Re: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH- (No new pics)
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »
Nice colours, and good to see more of the older models, I agree. You might try some of the newer washes to smoothe some areas over though, several seem a little 'gritty' if you know what I mean. Although, first time I photographed my mini's from up close I saw much more than during painting! Keep going, and show us more.

Also congrats on the table, that improves gaming no end.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
Re: Working on Middenland Army by -SaH-
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
Thanks for all comments, and yeah, a table in the house is awesome :)

So here I put a "family" foto. I don't do it to show how much I have - I want You to see how much work I still have to put into my army, and I'm counting for Your support :happy: Thats why pictures aren't too great quality :P

On these fotos You will see also my SteamTank and Captain on Pegasus - I painted them myself, just haven't shown them jet (they are old painting).
Other painted models (ex. Giant, WW Knights) aren't my works.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:11:21 PM by -SaH- »

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
Are those going-to-be orgre mercenaries in the background?

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Yes. 4 Ironguts and 4 Bulls - unfortunately, I never have greenstuff in my hands, so have no idea how to do it :P

I always want something else in 'rare choise' than 2x ST and also Ogres are much more interesting in painting than rank&file Empire models.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:15:48 PM by -SaH- »

Offline Valetus

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
Like how you have made the effort and done the eyes but just have to point out that a horse has no white in its eye.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
Yes. 4 Ironguts and 4 Bulls - unfortunately, I never have greenstuff in my hands, so have no idea how to do it :P

Just try it and start with simple conversion so you get a feel for it. It's an opportunity for making progress and realising it, which is very satisfying. :-)

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »
Like how you have made the effort and done the eyes but just have to point out that a horse has no white in its eye.

Sometimes they have :P
But, Yes, I know... and I see a lot of awesome painting models on this forum, but I simply can't achieve this level of masterpiece :(  :?

@Gneisenau - thanks, You all will see my effort  :smile2:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:03:32 PM by -SaH- »

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
Hello dear warhammer-empire.com and all Generals!
It was about 3 years from my last visit - for this time I was in "chaos wastelands of life" - but I hope this ended and now I'm backing to my Empire Army. I even had first battle in 8ed (and it was a massacre  :cry: )

On this forum for a long time I was searching for inspirations and ideas, also had opportunity to see beautiful armies, paintings, collections and I always inspire to be "one of those generals" - so thank You for that.

Maybe You are familiar to the situation when You want to paint all minis by yourself, so Your soldiers don't have arms, heads... everything is a mess. I had that, and this is an army You don't want to play a lot. And when I don't play, I don't paint... and the circle was closed. So now I decided to make a new strategy to defeat this old enemy. Right now I'm assembling all units I can - but without parts that will interrupt or disturb painting process hard (like halberd near face etc.) When I do that, I will put undercoat.
I hope this allow me to play more often, and I will have ready minis to paint. That's the plan...  :smile2:

For the time I was away, I was able to expand my army a little bit, but I hope soon enough You can see them assembled and painted (or in wip process :wink:).

I assembled some units right now, but they are not ready for photo yet.
For first fire I give You a conversion of a Ellyrian Reavers into Pistoliers. I wanted to try something new, and this are the results.

I wonder if they will look too elvish - I removed gems, arrows, spears etc but still it may look like an elf unit (especially from far perspective) - maybe You have some ideas?

TL;DR - welcome back and I hope this time for good  :blush:

Ps.
some of the old photos are gone, so I will try to upload them once again next week.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:17:01 PM by -SaH- »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
nice work fellow Middenlander  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »
welcome back SaH!

The Pistoliers look good, not elvish at all
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »
I think those pistoliers are splendid - I think if they are painted in Empire colors, that will solve any problems. But they do not look particularly Elvish.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 12:19:33 AM »
Aaaand it's done! Thanks for Your posts!

Whole unit looks very good in my opinion - I'm really glad that I made it  :-P
I removed lot of parts from the models, and I was really enjoying to working in plastic!

On the second image - nr 4 - I really enjoy this model, because where is now pistol there was arm that was picking up an arrow from the quiver  :mellow:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:11:25 AM by -SaH- »

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Members
  • Imperial Liberal
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:08 AM »
Wow! Really good sense of motion on those Pistoliers!  :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: 
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline Hoodling

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »
Wow, the last time you were on these forums was probably before I had even signed up...  :unsure:

The Pistoliers look great. Hopefully they will be fun to paint.

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 09:03:42 PM »
One more elf fall upon my blade... I wanted mage from the College of the Light Order and had this elvish mage.
Also, I find interesting this head from the flagellants, but I haven't idea for using it - until the idea of Light Wizard, which is directed by the power of Hysh.
I see some more details to improve, but most work is done - now It will be waiting in the painting queue :)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
An interesting blend of elvish and empire style, Could work if you manage to paint it well.

Have you considered using dragond princes as a base for your knights?  maybe even inner circle, they have awesome horses.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline -SaH-

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
I don't have plans for more conversions from elves - those minis I bought when plenty of people sells parts from Island of Blood, and now I simple feel ready to make those conversions.
Also, I'm looking for others minis to make Imperial Cavalry more interesting, maybe I will look closer to Dragon Princes, but for now I will wait due the rumors about Empire as a starter in 9ed - maybe after all this years we will receive new knights? :)