home

Author Topic: Mordheim  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Kyle

• Members
  • Blessed by Sigmar
Mordheim
« on: March 30, 2004, 09:38:26 PM »
Hi all, I recently was give some Mordheim Witch Hunters: I have a Witch Hunter Captain, a Witch Hunter, a Flagellant and 3 Zealots.  Now I know nothing about Mordheim, so I may ask some really dumb questions, (I will print of the rule book when GW put it up on their web site, which will be soon):
What do you need to have a legal war band?
Is mine legal?
How many points is it?
I also was given a cool looking wood elf model, (Warhammer Fantasy model) and some one said I could use it in my war band as a "Hired Sword" is this true?
If so is my war band legal then?
How many points is my war band with the hired sword?
Thanks to all replies. :wink:  :D
SIGMAR!
Visit: http://h1.ripway.com/TheTyranidHive/index1.html for all you Tyranid news and info.

Offline Bonimbus Pux

• Members
Re: Mordheim
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:32:54 AM »
Quote from: Kyle
Hi all, I recently was give some Mordheim Witch Hunters: I have a Witch Hunter Captain, a Witch Hunter, a Flagellant and 3 Zealots.  Now I know nothing about Mordheim, so I may ask some really dumb questions, (I will print of the rule book when GW put it up on their web site, which will be soon):
What do you need to have a legal war band?
Is mine legal?

Most warbands need a minimum of 3 members, so on that score it is legal, though there are also maximums too. I believe WH warbands have a maximum of 15 members. Generally you have a very small warband, as is.
Further, warbands are divided between 'heroes' and 'henchmen'. This is important because they serve two distinct functions. 'Heroes' are the best at everything in your warband and therefore benefit the most from advances and experience. Plus, the greater number of 'heroes' you have, the greater number of dice you get to roll after each game to see what you get. Obviously, the greater the number of dice, the more cool stuff.
Your Captain and Witch Hunter are 'heroes', the rest are 'henchmen'. Henchmen must be bought in groups (although groups of 1 are allowed) Usually they are purchased in small groups of 3 or 4, but can be larger. Mine own Witch HUnter warband has a group of three henchmen archers and another group of 3 foot sloggers with 2 weapons each.

[/quote="Kyle"]How many points is it?[/quote]

As is - Captain-60
          Witch Hunter-25
          Flatulant-40
          Zealots-20 each

Total 185

All warbands except Marienburgers start with 500 points so as you can see you have many points left to spend. *However*, you also need to equip the warband. The above points get you nothing but a dagger; no armor or weapons. I believe my starting warband had a captain, a warrior priest, 2 Witch Hunters, and 3 zealots, and maybe a warhound.

As you play, you earn more money and you can buy more guys and better equipment. Remember starting warbands are very fragile and people die easy. It is smart to run when you can, because even when you 'lose', you still get to search for treasure. My guys above lost the first 3 or 5 games they were in and kept getting stronger and stronger! They are near unbeatable now.

[/quote="Kyle"]I also was given a cool looking wood elf model, (Warhammer Fantasy model) and some one said I could use it in my war band as a "Hired Sword" is this true?
If so is my war band legal then?
How many points is my war band with the hired sword?[/quote]

Yes, there are multiple 'hired swords' available in the pages of 'Town Crier', the Mordheim fanzine. Again, my Witch Hunters have a Tilean Crossbowman, Armando Signore, who is deadly accurate, even though he never kills anyone.
Yes, you would still be legal provided you buy a hired sword that WH's are allowed to buy.
Points depend on the hired sword. An elf ranger costs 40 and then 20 upkeep every time you want to use him after the first game. An ogre is 80/30.

My advice to you would be to find a copy of the rules on ebay. There is something to be said for buying the boxed set as well. It includes the rules, models for 2 warbands (Human and Skaven), as well as a number of buildings and barricades plus dice.

Have fun,
BPux
Tis always better to be lucky than good!

Offline Kyle

• Members
  • Blessed by Sigmar
Mordheim
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:22:58 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :wink:  :D
SIGMAR!
Visit: http://h1.ripway.com/TheTyranidHive/index1.html for all you Tyranid news and info.