home

Author Topic: Final orders!  (Read 5784 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« on: August 01, 2005, 11:05:26 AM »
Attention all Stirland generals!

With the war having been started, I have some final commands to give you (well, guidelines really, can't force anyone to actually do as I say, but you get the idea):

Our army has been divided in three groups:

Group 1: Attack Talabecland
Group 2: Defend against Middenland
Group 3: Keep Bechafen from the enemy

I will give orders accordingly:

PHASE ONE: THE OPENING

Group 1: It is important to focus on playing the ambush scenario, since results for that scenario can affect both Rhya's Sisters and Udo's Fall. That way we can quickly change  between offense and defense, as needed.
Group 2: Important to focus on playing the raid scenario, since these can be reported at fort Grigory and the Uneasy Watchmen. Focus on defending the Uneasy Watchmen, but feel free to attack fort Grigory every once in a while. We do not seek to conquer it (yet), merely to have Middenland expend some power in defending their location.
Group 3: Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to lower Bechafen's riot score. Raise our control rate so that Middenland and Talabecland will have a harder time taking the location, but don't expend any power whatsoever in lowering the riot score. Doing so will take power away from increasing our control rate (much needed power, since most troops are at Rhya's Sisters or the Uneasy Watchmen), AND it will speed up the proces of anybody actually taking Bechafen (something we don't want just yet).

Phase one will end with Rhya's Sisters being conquered.

PHASE 2: TEARING OUT THE HEART
Group 2, having lots of experience with the raid scenario, will switch to offensive and attack Waldschmidt in Talabecland.
Meanwhile group 1 will go to Uneasy watchmen and defend our position there. However, I'd lke them to play some river crossing scenario's in the attack, for gaining experience.
The reason for this change is that Group 2 will be far more experienced with the Raid scenario, which will be more efficient during the siege on Waldschmidt.
Orders for group three will be given then.

Good luck to you all.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 06:48:48 PM »
Hello everybody,

I am pleased to see that the battle today went well on the Talabecland front: If my calculations are correct then we have almost beaten Talabecland at this location! We now have 9800 control points here; Talabecland has 10400. One more day of fighting and we will probably have gone over their score!
However, we need to be more defensive of Udo's Fall. Talabecland still has less points than us, but we haven't reported any battles there. I will be playing several games tomorrow in order to take Rhya's Sisters, and I do not wish to discourage you from doing the same, but please, post some results at Udo's Fall.

As for the Midenland front: We need to put more of our power in defense of the Uneasy Watchmen! There have been no battles reported there by our side, but Middenland has made its move against us. luckily they aren't very active either, but I'd like to see us increase the number of results posted there.
As far as fort Grigory is concerned, we have two wins there, which is very good, especially since Middenland hasn't posted any results in return. So well done attackers! however, as stated above, I'd like to see someone posting in defense of Uneasy Watchmen...

Towishimp, congratulations on your victory at Bechafen. I am pleased to see that so far, we are the only ones posting results there. Though our plan is not to capture Bechafen, I won't complain if it happens anyway :wink: .

Now for the bad news: All of Talabecland's attacks have been towards Stirland, and so have Middenland's attacks... it is too early to draw any conclusions, but if this continues, we have a problem. Good luck to us all...

EDIT: Realizing we were only one victory away from Talabecland being beaten at Rhya's Sisters, I invited my regular opponent over for a last game and won, adding 1600 to our total score there. That means that, if we keep it this way, Rhya's Sisters will become contensted soon. Once we conquer it, phase two of our plan will go into effect. I will notify you then.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 08:50:07 PM »
Hello fellow Stirland Generals,

I am pleased to see that the defense of Udo's Fall has been most effective today. With the way things are going, I am confident that we will hold on to this position.
However, we have lost a bit of pressure on the attack: Talabecland scored a little more points on Rhya's Sisters than we did, so we lost "control" of it :cry: . On wednesday I'd like you all to focus your power on Rhya's Sisters, so that it may become contested at the end of the first round. However I'd like some generals to report their results to Udo's Fall; check the posts that have been made, and see how many of us have defended Udo's Fall. If it's less than three, report at Udo's Fall. If three generals have posted at Udo's Fall, start attacking Rhya's Sisters.
As for the Middenland front: our plan of attack was to defend against Middenland, not attack it. Though keeping the garrison of fort Grigory on their toes is a good idea, we have reported TWO battle reports at fort Grigory and NONE at the Uneasy Watchmen... please, everybody on the Middenland front, DEFEND the Uneasy Watchmen. The Middenlanders just stole 1800 points there, while we won only 950 in fort Grigory. I am thankful for our victories, but I'd rather not lose the Uneasy Watchmen yet. Therefore I want everyone on the Middenland front posting their results in the Uneasy Watchmen, not in fort Grigory.

Now for some personal messages:

@Skeetergod: please change the location entry of your battle report to Rhya's Sisters, we need the extra strength there.
@The Builder and Heretic01: I'll be away on wednesday and thursday, be as kind as to guide our faction's actions according to the plan described above. I'm back thursday evening, I'll see how we have fared then.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »
Check....
Ditto what demonslayer has said.  If the bulk of our forces are fighting against talabecland we cannot hope to truly take the fight to middenland.  In order to truly progress we must be able to hold our ground on the middenland front.

See you thursday Demonslayer
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 01:44:26 AM »
We have taken quite a drubbing today.  Talabecland has put pressure on udos falls and middenland is pushing us away from fort grigory.  Luckily is seems that Talabecland is trying more to counterattack at udos fall rather than defends rhyas sisters.  Until there is an update we must abandon the attack on fort grigory and focus on the initial plans.

I doubt it will be too hard to defend the uneasy watchman and it would be great to be able to take rhyas sisters before the next update.  To take rhyas sisters would be to defend udos fall.  I am not urging you to neglect udos fall but just keep in mind that a strong late push tomorrow might be able to put us over the top as rhyas sisters

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:39:35 PM »
Hello my fellow Stirland generals,

Returning from a well-deserved two day vacation, I have come back to once again give my view on the campaign results. First off, I'd like to say that I am grateful the fighting is still going on- I appreciate your efforts, good job everyone!
Now, for the review:
I see the Talabecland front has taken quite a beating- Udo's fall is more or less same, but we've lost quite some territory from Talabecland lately... However I feel that force division between attack and offence was good, we just need more battle reports- something I can't just demand, I know. You're doing good so far. I would just like to see some extra offensive against Rhya's Sisters.
As for Middenland front, I'm afraid we can start sounding the red alert at the Uneasy Watchmen. We're taking a heavy beating from the Middenlanders, and we're not really putting up a fight there- only one counter attack versus fort Grigory, and again, no defense. Exactly the opposite of the battle plan... We really need some defense there, and fast, otherwise we'll have the Middenlanders up against Hohleburg in no time. So, EVERYONE, ANYONE fighting Middenland will be posting their results in the Uneasy Watchmen. There's no point arguing about it; we'll have lost that position this or next week if things don't change soon...

I understand that we are under a lot of pressure. Middenland and Talabecland seem to have an alliance, fighting US and not each other, we're outnumbered, Helblaster is reporting more reports at Rhya's Sisters than we are reporting per day, and none of the factions are putting any power in capturing Bechafen... I hope that Middenland and Talabecland are going to get aggressive with one another SOON, or we'll have a problem.

Good luck, generals.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 01:15:38 PM »
Goodday fellow Stirland Generals,

Since we're losing at the Uneasy Watchmen, and none of the other factions is attacking Bechafen, all those assigned to Bechafen duty will be re-assigned to fighting off Middenlanders at the Uneasy Watchmen. We need defense there now, or we'll have lost the city by nightfall.

Good luck, generals.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 07:05:56 PM »
Hello fellow Stirland generals,

Well, round one didn't go too well for us, losing two positions and all. Still, things aren't as bad as they appear (though still pretty bad nonetheless... :wink: )

Bechafen is beyond our reach now... we can only hope or good work there won't be destroyed by invading Talabeclanders and Middenlanders. However that will be of later concern.

The loss of Udo's Fall is bad, but not a disaster. Remember, while we can't attack Talabecland for an entire round, THEY can't attack us for an entire round. I am assigning the Builder, Wissenlander and myself to retaking that position. We're only behind a few points- a battle report or five and we're at full fighting strength again.

The only thing that really concerns me is the loss of the Uneasy Watchmen. We cannot allow the Middenlanders to take this position. Therefore, I'm assigning EVERYONE but the Builder, myself and Wissenlander (who can actually chip in too if they like) to retake the Uneasy Watchmen. Everything depends on retaking that position. The Middenlanders smell blood now, and will be throwing their full power at us now. We need to do better than them now. We're only behind 2000 points now, but unlike in Udo's Fall, the Middenlanders can make it difficult for us to retaliate.

That will be all. Focus on recapturing the Uneasy Watchmen, and all will be well... sort of.

Good luck, generals.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 02:02:39 PM »
Hello, fellow Stirland generals,

I'd like to report that Udo's Fall has been recaptured! I played three battles there, my Stirland force scoring three massacres against the Talabecland-force in a scenario, adding up to 4800 points, which well compensates for the recent Talabecland attacks.
Also there is a new rule made by the campaign team: only one report per day. That kind of limits the work I can do here, but oh well, it also limits the other factions...
Therefore I want to slightly alter my orders: The Builder will add one more battle-report to Udo's Fall, and enter any other results he might achieve at the Uneasy Watchmen. Wissenlander will report his battles at the Uneasy Watchmen only. All others are still assigned to recapturing the Uneasy Watchmen. We have a larger difference in points there than expected, and we need everyone to report their battles there.
As for Bechafen: Following the results posted there, it would seem that we have a much firmer grip on the location than any other faction. As soon as we have access to the location, we will try to capture it fully. No more skirmishes, we now want full control over the site. If nobody else captures it, then we will.

That's all, generals. Good luck out there.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Final orders!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 02:28:15 PM »
Good move Demonslayer - I was hoping you guys would be sharp enough to acknowledge that it would only take 3,600 points to reclaim Udo's Fall and that the rest would be luxury for next round :)

Keep in mind you can only report one more battle this round!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »
Thanks GH, guess calculating the scores for each faction at each location every night paid off  :wink: .
By the way, I already posted my fourth battle report for this round at the Uneasy Watchmen. Or do you mean I can post five this round?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Final orders!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 06:02:01 PM »
The round started Friday and will end Thursday - that's 5 days, so you can report 5 battles max.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »
My internet has been down for two days and i havent been able to check up.  I leave and all hell breaks loose :-D .  Sorry about all that and good work at getting back on the right track.  

Completely agree with Demonslayers instructions to essentially reload at udos fall and to try to beat back the middenlanders.  Our backs are to the wall

Fluff wise i could spin my absence an interesting way.  I disappeared as the initial fighting ended because i was cut off by the talabeclanders attacks at udos fall.  however i was able to lead my troops back to help push talabecland out of udos fall(report to be posted momentarily).

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 08:03:43 PM »
:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

Yay! Thought the round started on saturday... One more win for Stirland, coming up! (I have a few extra battles I fought on saturday, just before reading about the one-per-day-limit)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »
Attention all Stirland Generals!

We have almost recaptured the Uneasy Watchmen! We need 2400 more points there, and we will have recaptured it! Do not worry about Udo's Fall, for we have well retaken it! All focus on the Uneasy Watchmen now! We have two more days to recapture it, and we will not let the Middenlanders take our position!

To arms! Drive them from the city!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
Final orders!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Gawd!

I played 4 games on Saturday, lost 3!  Some ppl in our group discussed my calvary list and are now sitting and shooting.  I faced a dwarf twice and the second time around he blasted me with blackpowder up the wazoo (painful, don't try at home kids), ditto with an empire army later in the day.  The last loss simply was me not paying attention to the mission, I blame it on tiredness, not poor generalship....  At least I managed a draw on Sunday.

bleh
rik
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline towishimp

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 03:49:46 AM »
Sorry in advance if I missed a post someplace, but could our leaders post the specific orders for this round?  I will be skirmishing in Bechafen; where should I post my regular battle results?

Also, does the special bonus for Round 3 affect our plans in any way?
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »
Middenland seems to be headed in the direction of Hohleburg, so post your results there. We primarily seek to defend against Middenland, so most posts would go to defending Hohleburg, with a few going to the Uneasy watchmen (remember, we have a +50% modifier in Hohleburg, so Middenland outnumbering us will not be as bad. Still, focus on defending this vital location).
All those on Talabecland duty are to break through Rhya's Sisters; so far Talabecland seems to be interested in defense, so we won't ahve to post as much in Udo's Fall.
In short:

Talabecland team: attack Rhya's Sisters
Middenland team: defend Hohleburg, post about a quarter of your battles in the Uneasy watchmen.
Skirmishers: Happy fighting, you can post as much in Bechafen as you like, as long as it doesn't distract you from your main duty

(For the record, all those who were first on Bechafen duty are reassigned to Middenland duty: they are still free to play skirmishes in Bechafen, but their full scale battles will be in either Hohleburg or the Uneasy Watchmen)

Sorry for being later than usual, but we had to see what Middenland would do first... Now that we know, it's time for a counteroffensive!

Good luck everybody.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »

Though we've been hit hard, it seems that our two positions, Hohleburg and Udo's Fall, are relatively safe right now (as safe as it gets in a besieged town, anyway :wink: ). Therefore it has been decided that we shall put more force in expanding our borders, in this case towards Bechafen. We still need defense in our current locations, so I'd say everybody post at least one more of your battles here. The rest of the battles can be posted at Bechafen.

Good luck, generals.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 01:10:03 PM »

Though we've been hit hard, it seems that our two positions, Hohleburg and Udo's Fall, are relatively safe right now (as safe as it gets in a besieged town, anyway :wink: ). Therefore it has been decided that we shall put more force in expanding our borders, in this case towards Bechafen. We still need defense in our current locations, so I'd say everybody post at least one more of your battles here. The rest of the battles can be posted at Bechafen.

Good luck, generals.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »

Good luck, generals.

Offline wojammer

• Members
Defence
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2005, 03:36:53 AM »
We need to assighn people to the defence of our positions or to put it bluntly the party is over.

Offline wojammer

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 03:47:20 AM »
After looking at the 3rd turn tallys udo's fall is contested because we did not defend it. Much like the uneasy watchman in round 1.I think bechafen should be a secondary goal and we should concentrate on regaining our former positions.And defending the last one we have.

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2005, 10:43:09 PM »
of course...udos fall is contested so we cant attack bechafen anyway.  We have all kinds of of points at hohleburg although an attack might come now as we are weaker (no bonus).  Udos fall of primary important but our bonus at the uneasy watchman mean we should attack there as well.  A few battles should be put into hohleburg to keep them honest.

Remember that we cannot take the uneasy watchman in a single turn anyway while we can atually defend udos fall.  I see the point and perhaps the uneasy watchman is the way to go especially with the bonus.  Something about abandoning a territory rubs me wrong.  

Ill go with attacking the uneasy watchman because it seems to be the consensus.

Offline xnet445

• Members
Final orders!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 02:36:08 AM »
We now get a 25% bonus at the Uneasy Watchman, and a special scenario featuring the Conqueror version of the Stank is forthcoming as well. I just happen to own the Conqueror........ Should be quite effective against Woodies  :twisted:
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote