home

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K Conquest - to be relaunched in UK  (Read 2756 times)

Offline JAK

• Members
Warhammer 40K Conquest - to be relaunched in UK
« on: March 02, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
Don’t know how useful this will be to those of you who play 40K but have just discovered in WH Smiths (UK store) one of those overpriced magazine collections entitled ‘Warhammer 40,000 Conquest’.

The first issue gives you 3 easy-built Space Marines, 3 paints and a brush. As I needed replacements for two of the paints the cost of £1.99 made it a worthwhile purchase for me – so if you can also use the figures it should be a bargain. Second issue is £4.99 then I think its £7.99 for the rest of the series.

Just looked at the GW site and it appears the figures sets they are giving in the first 4 issues are from the Easy To Build series that they charge £10 each for.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:37:23 PM by JAK »

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Warhammer 40K Conquest
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 04:41:31 PM »
These must be selling well, three weeks on and I’ve not seen them again, either in Smiths or any other newsagent.

I don’t do 40K but felt like having a go at the Death Guard Plague Marines. I don’t have the shade of green that comes with them so the extra £2.44 for three figures is too good to miss.

The Space Marines have gone in my spares box so don’t know when I actually use them but for when I do can anyone tell me what they are like to glue? Will normal plastic cement work or is it a different type of plastic – I will have to convert them  as I don’t believe in making anything as the manufacturer intended.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
definitely normal plastic cement will be fine.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:27:54 AM »
Well at least I know why I never saw any of these again – but I feel I’ve been conned and I’m not a 40K player.

According to their website the initial 4 issues have come to an end but they hope to launch nationally in the near future.

As I now understand these multi-part magazines they do an initial issue in a small area to test the market and then issue the full thing if it’s a success. This is all very well but their web site doesn’t even hint at this and what happens to those people who subscribe and will be disappointed if it doesn’t continue.

My holiday destination must have been the test area which is why I didn’t see them at home.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »
There was a magazine on Plague Marines? Wondering why they'd want to provide that.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »
Well at least I know why I never saw any of these again – but I feel I’ve been conned and I’m not a 40K player.

According to their website the initial 4 issues have come to an end but they hope to launch nationally in the near future.

As I now understand these multi-part magazines they do an initial issue in a small area to test the market and then issue the full thing if it’s a success. This is all very well but their web site doesn’t even hint at this and what happens to those people who subscribe and will be disappointed if it doesn’t continue.

My holiday destination must have been the test area which is why I didn’t see them at home.

Huh that is indeed strange. I was keeping an eye out over here and never saw it. Guess that explains why.

shawnyadav

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
Dont know what's wrong but as I am opening Warhammer 40k the game only is loading a black screen on startup and crash itself. Anyone been encountering the same today? how do I fix it?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
 Which game? Is it a video game through steam?

Offline JAK

• Members
Re: Warhammer 40K Conquest - to be relaunched in UK
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »
I’ve just received an email from GW to say they are relaunching this collection in the UK and RoI only. The email is all about subscribing – not seen at a newsagents yet.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
I'd forgotten about this thread so actually posted about this just a few days ago.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52729.0

From the sounds of it, it will be at newsagents sooner or later but for the moment their just hyping the subscription format.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »
From what I can tell, this picture is all what will come with the magazine over the course of the whole series.

People in the comments are saying it's 8 pounds per edition, and 80 editions in total.

[quoteWebsite for this says:

Standard Subscription Pay £7.99 (€9.99) per issue and receive 4 issues a month. Includes 5 free gifts and one free issue

Premium Subscription Pay £9.49 (€12.49) per issue and receive 4 issues a month. Includes 5 free gifts and one free issue, plus your 4 Premium Wargear sets.

Edit: site also says 80 issues, £7.99 starts from issue 4 onwards so total cost over £600
[/quote]

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
I picked a couple of the first issue up yesterday - a brush, 3 paint pots, and 3 clip together SM for £1.99 - bargain.

You get freebies for the subscription deal - BUT it is linked to each DELIVERY - and they send a single delivery of a batch of 4 issues - it can read a bit confusingly on the packaging.

I might look at individual issues as not interested in the whole deal, or I might subscribe early on for the freebies and then quit if the 'gifts' drop in value.   
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
I'm interested to see how it turns out down the road. The picture of the 'total subscription' looks interesting, but I don't know how it will be divided up. It certainly seems like a good deal.

What paints where they out of curiosity? Are they full sized or the mini sizes like what comes in the get started painting packs?