home

Author Topic: Empire (RPG) The March  (Read 21341 times)

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2004, 02:53:50 AM »
The horns blow as the Knights of the broken sword charge in..
The Knights have no place fighting here but they do anyway. Only cause of their friendship with Otto.
As lances are put into position...Goblins flee leaving a straight path to the huge orc regiment..
Smashing their way through screaming "for Otto"
Orcs breaks un able to stand against man and horse...
The leader of the Knights. Marshall rallies the men..
Spying a lone swordsmen running from a Giant...
He prays to sigmar for the courage to face it..
His prayers are answered as all knights charge the Giant...
10 Lances sticking out of the giant as it falls to the ground.. Still breathin..
Marshall gets off his horse and buries his long sword into the skull of the giant...

He mounts his horse.. Looking for a new enemy..
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2004, 09:24:02 AM »
OOC> As WARRIOR2006 made no objections to my story, I'll continue it.

After his fall jammed a swordsman into a bloody pulp, Konrad gets back on his legs and surveys the situation. The swordsman formation has been shattered and vulnerable to attack, but a few loose rampaging boars managed to scare away and shatter the goblins as well, and both sides are in disorder. Konrad picks up a shield and a broadsword from the ground and, as it appears to him that the swordsmen have lost their command, starts to take command himself.

Rally! Reform into triple line around me!

The swordsmen stand bewildered at this new commander, not knowing if he has an official rank, but decide to follow him just in case. Swordsman after swordsman rally around Konrad. The standard bearer takes place at his left side and the musician at his right. Making a quick count Konrad realises that a total of 17 men still stand of the swordsmen, and with him they form a 6x3 block. Thirty yards from there Konrad sees their goblin adversaries in a rallying attempt as well, but a less successful one, as the greenskins are in a loosely ordered mob, with an officer trying to goad them into ordered ranks and trying to prevent individual goblins from sneaking away to the back rank.

Strike them before they organise themselves! Charge!

Running forward in a kill frenzy, Konrad focuses on the goblin officer, pointing at him with his sword, challenging him to a duel.

OOC1> As Georg von Gewicht hasn't made a single post, I assumed he has been struck dead or deserted, and take myself the liberty to hijack his unit.

OOC2> I'm in a duel with a goblin big boss now, I await WARRIOR2006's interaction.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2004, 11:57:52 AM »
The goblin crewmen looked up into the sky to see the lonely figure charging at them on a ... flying steed  :shock:
As it neared, some of the goblins started to run away from the warmachines, but a couple of Orc bullies kept most of the in place.

Logan was now close enough to the ground to jump off the steed and land upon one of the unfortunate goblins. The little creature squeeked as the heavy set forester landed on him. Logan saw fear once again in the eyes of the goblin crewmen as he killed the nearest goblin with a single stroke of his blade. After he killed another goblin that was paralysed with fear, the rest fled away from the lonely scout.
As they backed off, suddenly a large orc appeared from their ranks and it grunted to Logan in its foul language. Logan, recognizing the grunts as a challenge, accepted and put up his guard...

Meanwhile, after Lethair had dismissed the shadow steed, he looked at how the rest of the battle was faring and he saw the heroic actions of count William ust before his untimely death. Then suddenly, the sound of horns filled the air and as Lethair looked to the rear of the army, he sees a large force coming over them bearing the colours of Middenheim. Smiling at himself, he grips his wand tightly and starts to cast another illusion the enhance the already fearsome sound of the horns of Middenheim...

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2004, 05:42:19 PM »
Coldur made his decision. Rallying his men in the middle of the heap carcases he told them what would happen. Then he gave the order for the charge. All the knights spurred their horses into a gallop and pointed their swords and lances forwards. Upon reaching the ridge, Coldur and his men caught sight of the colours of Middenheim behind the goblin horde. This gave them great courage and once again the knights os the snake rode into the massed ranks of the goblins. Except this time, the goblins knew their adversories, rushing to get out of the path of the black stallions, with their thundering hooves. Once through the goblins, the Order of The Snake rode to join the Army Of Middenheim.
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2004, 05:51:01 PM »
The orc looked at Logan for a while and then he charged the veteran forester. Trying to constrict Logan with his whip he narrowly missed Logan's head. Seeing the orc had left his guard down, Logan quickly shot forward and stabbed the orc in his thigh. In pain, the orc hit Logan with a backhand swipe of his whip-hand, followed by a quick attack with his sword. Logan barely managed to get out of the path of the sword and the orc pressed him back in a flurry of blows. Then suddenly Logan, instead of parrying a blow to his stomach, jumped to the side. This risky move had left the orc overbalanced and Logan replied with a hard stroke of his sword that decapitated the orc. Seeing their boss fleeing, the goblins started to run away too as Logan slumped too the ground, exhausted by the fight...

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2004, 07:19:47 PM »
Quote from: dead 'ard greatsword
OCC: sorry guys i just found out about this

dead'ard greatsword seems to be sleeping on the job again!  :lol:
better wake up mate some goblins are heading towards you :)

Heiglot

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2004, 07:22:28 PM »
while everyone fights for victory, Tor is flying up into the sky to meet Sigmar with his tiny little wings   :P

Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2004, 07:24:38 PM »
Quote from: Rathis Darkwielder
The orc looked at Logan for a while and then he charged the veteran forester. Trying to constrict Logan with his whip he narrowly missed Logan's head. Seeing the orc had left his guard down, Logan quickly shot forward and stabbed the orc in his thigh. In pain, the orc hit Logan with a backhand swipe of his whip-hand, followed by a quick attack with his sword. Logan barely managed to get out of the path of the sword and the orc pressed him back in a flurry of blows. Then suddenly Logan, instead of parrying a blow to his stomach, jumped to the side. This risky move had left the orc overbalanced and Logan replied with a hard stroke of his sword that decapitated the orc. Seeing their boss fleeing, the goblins started to run away too as Logan slumped to the ground, exhausted by the fight...

*edit spelling*

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2004, 12:22:48 AM »
Konrad vs Goblin big boss:  Konrad charges the swordsmen into the goblin ranks they seperate konrad looking at the biggest goblin he had ever seen.  He decides if he can kill this guy the unit might flee!  He valiantely challenges the goblin it accepts with a sword aimed for Konrad's hip he parries only too have the goblin coming in again with an overhead strike shattering Konrad's shield.  Konrad falls to the ground the goblin stands over him preparing to finish him off when the goblin unit brakes and your fellow swordsman jump upon the boss slaying him!  Konrad smiles saying it was all part of his plan then snaps back into the battle!

OCC:  You where out matched but I didnt want you to die so soon! :)

Charles charges down the hill to me lethair who was holdin a tattered battle standard he takes it from the wizard and hands it to a nearby soldier.  He then turns to speak to lethair it looks like you men could use some help where is William of Ostland, where is your EC?

logan after dispatching the orc big boss starts to rig the enemy warmachines after getting to the 2nd machine he look around to find himself surrounded by a rallied unit of goblins they charge in as he puts an arrow into ones head and draws his sword!

OCC: LOL i am sorry but you have too men i cant guarntee both wil lsurvive rathis!  Heiglot you are now middenheim greatswords protecting charles :)

Charles has some fo his men run up to join the unit of knights who he learns is lead by coldur!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2004, 01:11:39 AM »
Horn blows..
A unit of Goblins look around in fear.. Then Lances pierce their little un armored bodies...
Marshall the chosen first knight.. Attacks the slightly more larger goblin. His head falls.. much like the courage and valour of goblins. But to the Knights surprise.. A knight falls down.. His steed on top of him crushing him even in armor he dies...

Marshall rallies the knights once more.. Now he teams up with the Middleheim Greatswords ready for the next attack....
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2004, 10:36:48 AM »
Lethair looks up to the elector count of middenheim, and replies:
"Our valiant count has fallen in combat with the orc lines, I saw him chasing a goblin that had stolen our battle standard and when he finally got him, he was surrounded by orcs, his last act was to throw the standard to me. I will always remember him as a man of great courage"

.................................................................................

Logan, trying to ignore the pain, stood up again and after a quick prayer to Sigmar, charged right into the goblins. After he killed the third goblin, he felt an arrow strike him unarmored back. He managed to kill one more goblin before another arrow hit him and he fell down .....

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2004, 11:28:36 AM »
OOC: How many men do I get and are they knights of foot troups.

Coldur and his men welcome the new recruits. Coldur sends his men to the baggage train that is behind the reinforcments to get their weapons sharpened and their armour repaired. He tells them to hurry as he is eager to get back to the action. He himself rides to the front of the army to seek orders from the count.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2004, 01:53:04 PM »
Konrad stretches for another shield, when he suddenly feels a great strain in his left arm, realising that the fall from the horse broke a few bones too much from his left arm. Cursing, he discards the shield. A soldier who, based on command tags from his shoulder, Konrad identifies as a corpral approaches.

Corpral: Sire, you are wounded! Let me take command.

Konrad: No need for that lad, I have one arm left, I should be able to swing a sword!

The swordsmen around him cheer, being rather fond of their newly found brave, charismatic leader. Then, suddenly a familiar figure rides to his side, young nobleman Hans von Silberhelm from Konrad's pistolier squadron. Konrad remembers Hans as the most cowardly of the group, contrary to the often too impetuous other ones.

Hans: Sire, you've lost your steed, take mine!

Konrad: Well met, Hans! And while you're at it, give me all your remaining pistols as well, you won't need them now when you've got yourself a legitimate reason to desert. Yes, that repeater pistol under your jacket as well! I'm the officer here!

Hans (dismounting and handing over the pistols): After that boar rider battle, the other ones withdrew to recollect and reload their pistols in that forest over there. (points towards a forest).

Konrad: Corporal, I change my mind. I have a squadron to lead. Take command of these swordsmen... and Hans, while you're at it, give me your cloak as well and tie it as a support to my left arm... and no, I don't care about how manly you look in it... and if you try to impress Theodora* with tall tales about your feats here today, I'll stick this repeater pistol up your arse and fire!

Reluctantly Hans takes off his cloak and ties it as a support for Konrad's broken left arm, Konrad being unable to move the arm but being able to turn his wrist enough to aim and fire a pistol as well as reach for new ones from under his jacket.

Spurring his new steed into a gallop, Konrad rides towards the forest to see the fate of his men.

*She would several years later become Theodora von Richtmark, Elector Countess of Talabecland.

OOC> We should definitely lobby for getting this thread into the library once the RPG is finished.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2004, 10:32:30 PM »
OCC:i agree konrad

Ulric looks around over the mound of goblins and cleans his hammer..
he sees that there is only him Jason, Roy, Mikhal and Hogan, left they wander over to Konrad
Ulric: i will take orders from you Konrad, what would you have us do.....
Ulric: men you will take orders from Konrad now
Men: aye sir
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2004, 10:34:35 PM »
And men.... what?????
STRENGTH in FAITH, FAITH inSTRENGTH!!!!!!!!!

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2004, 12:37:46 AM »
OCC:  Guys you do know this is only the beginning after this battle are enxt opponets will be either a skaven horde,  Menacing dark elves,  Chaos army or a raiding lizardmen army :)

Charles orders his huntsmen to follow lethair's command and thanks him for the information!  After that Charles orders him too get to fighting while he starts talking to coldur!

Coldur i will have the same unit type you have now join you good luck!

After finished with orders for now Charles leads a wedge charge into the goblin ranks they waver and there army falls into disorder and falls back Charles smile quickly leaves when they enemy force reamerges with 80% Orcs 30% of them on boars.  Also only 15% are goblins firing archers into the empire ranks Charles shakes his head in silent protest as also 3 large giants march out of the forest throwing rocks!  And to top it all off Charles see's one of the biggest orcs he has ever seen leading the boar boys charging across the field!  He orders the men into lines and has the artilery focus on the boar boys as a horsmen rides out and picks up the broken body of William and takes him to the back of the empire lines priest rushing to him trying to heal him!  To sigmar and the strength of men!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2004, 09:30:22 AM »
With his men regrouped, fresh with new lances and razor sharp swords, Coldur orders his men to attack the goblin archers on the orcs' left flank, deeming them to be the biggest threat at that point. Lances forward, sheilds high, the knights charge at the goblin archers.

Offline Heiglot

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2004, 09:35:38 AM »
Tor goes looking for a cab, he wants to get to sigmar in time.

oh, im finally here. says Tor
sigmar greets him, and says: Would you care for a cup of tea?
thank you. answers Tor
Sigmar: you have died in honour, now go to the rest of all those lazy humans wanting to drink bugmans back there.
Tor: oh!! you got Bugmans here!?!?!
sigmar yeah, *shakes his head*

Tor storms to the tank :)

MuGGeRuD

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2004, 09:38:33 AM »
spotting the giants Ulric and his white wolves go to slay them but there is the small matter of some night goblin archers in the way........
so they charge.... unfortunately some boar riders come and charge them after they killed the night goblin unit, there is a heated battle, and only Ulric is left standing......
so he trots over to one of the giants and decides to go and fight it.....

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2004, 09:47:15 AM »
OCC: here comes good part
As Ulric charges toward the giant he gets out a dagger and throws it in the giants eye blinding it then he simply swings with his hammer and crush's the giants rib cage in killing it, over to the edge of the forest he spys a huge wolf with claws liike short swords and teeth like a spear....
he follows it to a shrine of ulric he see's a rock with what appears to be a hammer in it, so he goes and hits the rock with his hammer with all his strength, crushing it but the blow destroys the hammer...
fortunately the hammer is a magic hammer of power which increases his already formidable strength......
hearing the sounds of battle he quests off to hunt down the orc boss responsible for the destruction of his unit......................

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2004, 10:57:08 AM »
OOC> dead 'ard, don't you think you exaggerate your feats killing a giant just like that, shouldn't you just post WARRIOR2006 your actions and let him have a say about the outcome?

Konrad barely registers the voices of the Knights of the White Wolf who set themselves under his command, until they ride into the orc horde to get themselves killed. Konrad sighs, just because he gave somewhat reckless orders to his pistoliers it doesn't imply he's ready to get into a reckless charge anytime, anywhere. He thinks loudly for himself:

Brainless idiots! Just because you're clad in full plate armour and have a bigger weapon than your opponent, you aren't invincible. They should try to fight naked for once, that'd give them a picture about real war..... hey, what are they doing? Damn, trampled an entire goblin regiment.... and a giant, for Sigmar's sake...... well, I guess there are useful idiots...

Konrad continues his old course of action and rides towards the forest to find any trace of his former comrades. He finds them in a small forest opening, with a few goblin corpses scattered around them, indicating that they met and dispatched of a scouting party. He makes a fast head count and to his dismay notices that merely 6 of the original 20 men are remaining. This won't look good diplomatically, Konrad thinks, imagining all the feuds his father will collect for Konrad's tactically brilliant but risky decisions.

Konrad: Hail! Give me a situation report!

Egbert von Hünkel, the reserve officer, salutes Konrad and rides forth.

Egbert: Nine men got lost in the initial boar rider charge, three more when we charged them in the rear, and two are lost; either deserted or fled. Left stand von Gräber, von Jormann, von Kulneff, von Himmelwagen, von Schenken, and myself. Pistols are re-gathered and reloaded.

Konrad: Good, good! Prepare for battle once more! The battle is far from over! No matter how many orcs we kill, there is always plenty left. From this forest we overlook the right flank perfectly. To the edge of the forest, and flank charge on a signal from me!

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2004, 12:08:25 PM »
OOC: dead 'ard greatsword, that is too unrealistic, A- There are 3 Giants, B- what is going on with the thing in the forest, there is no need for it at all.
C- you did all that in one turn... that is quite impossible  considering the <distance:time> ratio

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2004, 03:19:31 PM »
OCC: Ulric if you do something like that again i will have to have you post and psot results your just lucky I dont want anyone dying yet...

The Boar boy's com crashing into the empire ranks the entire Empire line begins to waver under the entense fighting.  Charles notices the Orc boys are only a few ranks deep if this force is pushed back then they might be able to win this fight!

The huge Orc Warlord leading the boar boy's see's Ulric and thinks he is the imperial leader he charges out and challenges Ulric.

OCC: Ulric this is a boss if you choose to accept which you most likely will i sim fighting it but let me remind you he is 2x's your size and isnt there warlord for nothing :(

User#364

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2004, 05:26:46 PM »
The knights, holding their sheilds high to deflect the enemy barrage of arrows, slam into the goblin archers, slaying several on impact and then several more in the following seconds. The armoured stallions do their part in the impact and contiue to kill the goblins with their thrashing hooves and their knashing teeth.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Empire (RPG) The March
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2004, 06:10:35 PM »
Konrad arrives at the edge of the forest, seeing that the new wave of boar boys already has slammed into the Empire battle line.

Konrad: The boars are too few ranks deep to protect their flanks! Roll 'em up! CHARGE!!!

Holding a repeater pistol in his injured as well as functional hand, Konrad spurs his horse into a charge. Konrad lets out a maniacal war cry, inspiring the 6 other pistoliers to once again jump into the jaws of danger, following him in an echelon racing towards the right flank, where Konrad's old swordsman regiment is trying to make a stand but is being cut down.

They identify their charismatic leader by the mitella around the left arm, and cheer as the pistoliers ride to their rescue. Caught unawares, the boar boys are shot at point blank range, and a boss challenging Konrad to a duel swiftly gets a bullet through its head. Konrad plucks off boar boys with single shots from his two repeater pistols, and when six boar boyz are dead he pulls another brace and lets go. The few boar riders who were spared the fusillade are quickly swarmed by the swordsmen and cut down. The rightmost end of the battle line has been a victory for the Empire.

Konrad: Corporal! Regroup your swordsmen and prepare for a flank attack! Pistoliers, brace yourselves for another charge, we'll roll up the entire orc battle line starting from here!

The remaining 12 swordsmen quickly form a 6x2 line, shouting battle cries full of the new spirit they got from the sudden turn of events. The swordsmen wheel into position to charge the exposed flank of the boar riders, which are currently about to break the halberdiers fighting to their left. The pistoliers grab two fresh pistols each and form an echelon behind Konrad.

Konrad: In the name of Sigmar, CHARGE!!!

OOC> Not wanting to godmode myself through the game, I hand over the destiny of Konrad's flank charge to our most repsected gameleader WARRIOR2006.