home

Author Topic: 2010 warhammer-empire summer campaign  (Read 53433 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: 2010 warhammer-empire summer campaign
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
Thank you calvin!
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »
The brilliant guy who wrote the fluff last time probably couldn't repeat such an epic work, now could he ?  :engel:

Knowing that guy, I have confidence that while the fluff will be quite different, it will be every bit as brilliant.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
is he really? and what are the chances he'll mysteriously escape from prison in time to take part in this campaign :biggriin:

Probably pretty good.  He has access to the keys and lets himself in and out as much as he wants.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Gnoblar 101

• Members
  • the Gnoblar are recruiting - join the Horde now
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »
is he really? and what are the chances he'll mysteriously escape from prison in time to take part in this campaign :biggriin:

Probably pretty good.  He has access to the keys and lets himself in and out as much as he wants.

:biggriin: sounds like the empire hasn't quite understood how prisons are supposed to work,
either that or they forgot to pay the guards  :biggriin:
N/A

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
I pay my own guards, thank you very much. :closed-eyes:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
And here I thought we just lived in Mayberry, NC...
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2010, 02:45:49 AM »
Bah, all those armies arrayed against Marienberg and you never took the city. Still, plenty of mercenary captains made a LOT of money :D

Bah!

Looking at the final map, we have breached the Altdorf Road gate, and  ransacked a good portion of the Northern side.
There were some minor skirmishes at the gate where it exchanged hands, but 3 of the 5 city regions north of the river were in our hands.

If anything, it still looks strongly like we have taken a significant portion of the city, while the Sigmarites had committed to an all out siege of the Southern walls, and were just starting to make some progress.

Once again, I have to say though, our success was based purely on SirUlrich's superior strategic intellect, and the strength of our allies from the woods!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »
If anything, it still looks strongly like we have taken a significant portion of the city, while the Sigmarites had committed to an all out siege of the Southern walls, and were just starting to make some progress.

That's funny  :icon_rolleyes:. The way I see it, Middenland and the Sigmarites have equal control over the city, only the Sigmarites control a larger amount of gates, ie ie connections to the outside world, ie MONEY.
Oh and there's the fact that Middenland is desperately clinging on to a few locations outside the city, so if that falls, you don't have a route back to Middenland. While the Sigmarites control half of Westerland, including a trade route to Bretonnia.
Besides, didn't the Middenland empire kinda fragment as a result of the war? While the Sigmarites made deals and restored trade with Marienburg, which was the point of going to war in the first place  :::cheers:::...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:59 AM »
didn't the Middenland empire kinda fragment as a result of the war?

Yes... because the army they used in the campaign (that is, the players) were all from Ostland and Hochland - both of which had been conquered by Middenland. So the formation of the Northern League was a good thing for the players. And to think people say these things are rail-roaded and the players don't have any effect on the fluff!

I think the problems with the Marienburg campaign were:

- unequal faction numbers, caused by the 'everyone loves Sigmar' problem. Towards the end, there were huge numbers of Sigmarites and about four Middenlanders, so we had to use huge balancing factors.

- little mechanical enforcement of the starvation scenario. We needed a resources system.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »
The fact that the players help create the fluff is one of the best parts.

Thanks for putting the site back up!  Although I havent' had time to take a re-look yet, huge appreciation for this.  Huge. :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Some of the fluff I recall that I enjoyed creating with another player from the Sigmarite faction was wrapped around the other fort on the other side of the bay from Fort Solace, but its name is slipping me at the moment.  Also, I enjoyed contributing to the fluff about capturing someone who was rumored to have aided, accidentally or not, the destruction of another more landward place called, if I recall correctly, Western Kasteel.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »

That's funny  :icon_rolleyes:. The way I see it, Middenland and the Sigmarites have equal control over the city, only the Sigmarites control a larger amount of gates, ie ie connections to the outside world, ie MONEY.

While the Sigmarites made deals and restored trade with Marienburg, which was the point of going to war in the first place  :::cheers:::...
Just proving that the Sigmarites had no honor and were a bunch of backstabbing hypocrites.  All this talk of 'Holy Sigmar this' and 'heretic that' :icon_rolleyes: indeed!

The point was killing Marienburgers!
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
 :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Best laugh I've had in awhile, Von Kurst, thank you. :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gnoblar 101

• Members
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
as GP said one of the best parts is  the players having an impact on the fluff, without this campaigns would be far worse, an example of this is "Project Supremacy" which i heard about on the UE apparently Shiva's idea was so popular GW adopted it themselves and i think that is what this campaign should be like - well maybe not quite as drastic, everyone can't just go around inventing nukes whenever they want but there should definitely be ways for people to have an impact on the campaign fluff :biggriin:
N/A

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »

While the Sigmarites made deals and restored trade with Marienburg, which was the point of going to war in the first place  :::cheers:::...
Just proving that the Sigmarites had no honor and were a bunch of backstabbing hypocrites.  All this talk of 'Holy Sigmar this' and 'heretic that' :icon_rolleyes: indeed!

Really? Cause to me, that was just an added bonus  :wink:.

Besides, we can't burn heretics at the stake on an empty stomach, can we :P?

Offline Gnoblar 101

• Members
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
Besides, we can't burn heretics at the stake on an empty stomach, can we ?

obviously thats why you have to eat your marien-burgers :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin:
N/A

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Really hope there isn't a 30 page thread about a treaty to moderate. Would take ages.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »
obviously thats why you have to eat your marien-burgers :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin:
Cute. :icon_biggrin:

- - - - - - - - -

And yep, kill Marienburgers for food seemed to be the idea. :::cheers:::

- - - - - - - - -

Interesting that there are those who still fear treaties.  Its just suppose to be a game.  Besides, isn't T&G about treachery and greed anyway? :icon_cool:

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
Besides, we can't burn heretics at the stake on an empty stomach, can we ?

Actually I designed a flagellant special character (Samuel Gurtsohn) who did that...His backstory was that the hunger had driven him mad, so he felt that the best way to punish the greedy, heretic Marienburgers who let Sigmarites starve, was to eat them alive.

... I had to tone it down a bit to get it accepted. No eating the enemies.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
 :icon_lol:  I don't recall that one, but it a goody.

Imagine that, Sigmarites eating their enemies so they don't starve. :icon_lol:

Offline Gnoblar 101

• Members
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
when you said that i just imagined a sigmarite ogre :biggriin:
N/A

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »
Best laugh I've had in awhile, Von Kurst, thank you. :::cheers:::

:) You are welcome!

Message for GMs:  Are we there yet?
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »

Here's a clue ..........

How many of you remember the 'Mamas and Papas'

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
I see what you've done there!

Did take Wikipedia to do it mind.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »
Depending on which song you mean, that's either very good or very bad news  :wink:...

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
California dreaming.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.