home

Author Topic: 2010 warhammer-empire summer campaign  (Read 53635 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: 2010 warhammer-empire summer campaign
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
I did some more searching, and apparently there was mention of it in the fifth edition WFRP book.

Maybe it's just one of those popular false rumours, but if it is, it's pretty darn popular. And according to A4, the cult of Tzeentch was widespread throughout Cathay, so that makes it official as far as I'm concerned :P.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:47 AM »
I did some more searching, and apparently there was mention of it in the fifth edition WFRP book.

Uh, aren't they only up to a 3rd edition?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
I meant fifth edition WHFB Chaos armybook... My bad, no idea how I messed that up :P.

(on the other hand, I have been cooped up in a small 37 degrees celsius room with poor ventilation for the past three days, so yeah, that might explain it :P).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »
Oh, right.

That sounds unpleasant! Get someone to pay the ransom to have you released.
If I wanted to.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
What's that, rufus, do I hear you volunteering for the job :P?

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »
There are bits and pieces about Cathay being under the sway of Tzeetch, but then again, if you believe the fluff the Empire is too...them and Skaven.
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:40 AM »
What's that, rufus, do I hear you volunteering for the job :P?

Sorry, but no.
If I wanted to.

Offline Il Condottiero

• Members
  • Crying Havoc since 1992!
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »
Oh, I'm really looking forward to this Campaign!

Might even get my lazy bones to paint my DoW!
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Offline 132nd

• Members
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »
Oh, I'm really looking forward to this Campaign!

Might even get my lazy bones to paint my DoW!

Same here.  I might get off my arse and paint some of the Empire I have lying around.  I'm certainly going to need them to count them as Mercenary Company. 

Flux

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
it's summer now so it should be starting soon right?

There are bits and pieces about Cathay being under the sway of Tzeetch, but then again, if you believe the fluff the Empire is too...them and Skaven.

from what i've seen on their site i doubt they'd deviate to tzench, they are really fanatical about the horned rat. the only one of the chaos gods i've even heard mentioned was slaanesh, but that was in a bit of fluff so i don't think it counts.

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »
Regards to the Tzeentch in Cathy discussion....

-1200 The Cult of Chi’an Chi (known to the mortals of the Old World as Tzeentch) gains favour amongst the aristocracy of Beichai in Cathay. (WA: WOC 7th eds)

There is also a mention in one of the WH novels of a Cathay ambassador to the empire who is a Tzeentch worshiper. More or less this was used as the basis for the Tzeentch religion that was in A4.
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
There is also a mention in one of the WH novels of a Cathay ambassador to the empire who is a Tzeentch worshiper.

If that's the character from 'Beasts in Velvet,' he wasn't the real ambassador. He'd murdered and replaced him.
If I wanted to.

Flux

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
does anyone know when the campaign will start.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »
I would imagine within the next month at least.  I think they wanted to start sooner but ran into some roadbumps.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »
Being a 'red' does give me some superior spying abilities, and I can confirm the team is close ............

They are just refining the levels of treachery and the unscrupulousness of the greed - the possibilities of mayhem and backstabbing should reach new heights ........  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Flux

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
new heights? it can't be much higher than the skaven campaign... if it is any worse you'll be having players with 10+ accounts and so much spying that 5 seconds after an ultra-top-secret plan is posted the entire site will know about it...

so i doubt it'll be more treacherous than the under dark

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
Maybe not, but at least people will be able to understand it. :wink:  And note that I speak as a player at this point as I'm no longer on the campaign team.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
Maybe not, but at least people will be able to understand it. :wink:  And note that I speak as a player at this point as I'm no longer on the campaign team.

Then why does you title say campaign team..... there's treachery afoot... I think wiss is lying threw is wired jaw :P

(how is the mouth feeling??)
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
It's coming along slowly but I feel better for the most part, thanks.

As to the other part, it's more of an honorary title at the moment.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Flux

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
yeah well i'll admit that it's a bit confusing to start with but it's not that bad once you get started, whats the worst that could happen?  ::heretic::

:::cheers::: <-- Dr Pepper

Marshall of the South

« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »
Hi all,

Sorry if I'm posting in the area but I wanted to find out how this campaign works as I'm new to Warhammer Empire and if it's too late to join.  Most importantly of all I wanted to find out if there are any people from Canberra, Australia playing who are looking for a game as I'm worried I may be the only person playing it in my city, if I am is there any way to get round it and still take part in the campaign.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Michael  :biggriin:

Flux

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »
to late to join?  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: we haven't even started...

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »
Marshall, as Flux says, it's not too late to join, it has yet to start :wink:

As for contributing, as stated several times, there is many ways to contribute. One way is to write fluff, and if that's not to your liking, there is possible to play warhammer over the internet, either using lorenz whfb, or either Ogre stronghold: http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=14438.0, or at asrai.org: http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12201. Apart from that, I'm sure there will be som contest you can win :wink:

Cheers,
Dunrik
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »
For example, if CiM was any indicator, I contribute by drunkenly insulting friend and foe alike!  :icon_rolleyes:

- Z
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »
Marshall, as Flux says, it's not too late to join, it has yet to start :wink:

As for contributing, as stated several times, there is many ways to contribute. One way is to write fluff, and if that's not to your liking, there is possible to play warhammer over the internet, either using lorenz whfb, or either Ogre stronghold: http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=14438.0, or at asrai.org: http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12201. Apart from that, I'm sure there will be som contest you can win :wink:

Cheers,
Dunrik

Assuming you meant nobody is playing TnG in your city, rather than nobody is playing warhammer at all, you could just play games against the people you normally play against, and submit those games. Unless the GMs changed this since the last campaign (I believe I read somewhere that you could still play against people who didn't participate in the campaign themselves, but Dunrik makes me doubt my memory :P).

It'll probably be a bit harder to use the campaign army lists, since your friends might not be okay with you using them (fortunately mine don't have a problem with what I want to play, and they usually find the lists interesting enough to try them out themselves).

If, however, the rules were changed without me knowing (which, incidentally, isn't all that rare, and usually my fault :P), then it looks like we're both stuck on typing duty for the summer :P (or, as Dunrik suggests, online games).