home

Author Topic: Brets no longer after land??  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Otaku

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Brets no longer after land??
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »
Taken from the week 4  brettonian dispatch,

"The Empire of men has much to thank these brave allies for in this search for the Great Treasure and the knights of Bretonnia know this well. However, the people of the Great Forest have begun to mutter and grumble about "so many foreigners" and "darn outsiders thinkin' they rule the place" and King Leoncoeur has ordered that his followers no longer seek land but pursue only glory and honor in this crusade."

So I guess that takes care of that. 

Offline Volkmar The Grim

• Members
Re: Brets no longer after land??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
were dose it say that Leon announced that???   :icon_confused:

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 08:23:34 AM »
The Week Four Bretonnia dispatch, as Brian Lee said. Here's the passage in its entirety -

The Empire of men has much to thank these brave allies for in this search for the Great Treasure and the knights of Bretonnia know this well. However, the people of the Great Forest have begun to mutter and grumble about "so many foreigners" and "darn outsiders thinkin' they rule the place" and King Leoncoeur has ordered that his followers no longer seek land but pursue only glory and honour in this crusade.

In a deep glade in the Great Forest, Sir Henri of Parravon, a brave knight who had fought many battles against the creatures plaguing the forest, was chosen to receive a message from the Fey Enchantress herself. Her glorious presence appeared to the noble warrior and instructed him that all the men of Bretonnia should throw themselves into a crusade to rid this forest of evil and all greed should be put aside. Sir Henri rushed to the camp of the King and was proclaimed from that day forth a knight of the Grail. The armies of Bretonnia would now quest to remove all evil presence from the Great Forest and none should stand before them.

Now will you give up on the 'the evil Bretonnians are stealing our precious land!' line?

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
Congratulations on getting the Round Table fluff through to GW FVC.

If it was up to me I'd have Karl Franz offer some land to the bravest knights anyway.  Of course, he has to survive his sojourn in the woods first...
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »
Bloody great, I don't know if that was due to the pressure bought on them by this forum and the round table, or if GW just came to their senses, either way we can stop the land grab talk now.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 08:35:39 AM »
I think we still get some land, though. It was in the treaty we agreed to, and the statement doesn't say that we're not obtaining any land full stop; merely that we're not obtaining any more land. The use of the phrase 'no longer' is the relevant one there. Or so I figure... GW is unlikely to just pretend the land goal never existed.

Still, it is a statement we're quite happy with, full of character for Bretonnia. Crusading always was the favoured goal anyway.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
Actually I think the wording in the dispatches could be read either way.

The Brettonnians are no longer seeking land; can mean not any more land or it could mean we have changed our plan "our plan is no longer about seeking land".

(Stop Press *** GW uses unclear English *** :roll: )

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »
Oh, you are a cynic. Even in my foul mood I had read it as surrendering the land grab idea (particularly with the lady saying to set aside all ideas of greed) but now I re-read you are right that it could be a call to stop where you are.

I don't think that was the intention and hope GW are not as cynical as you.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »

I don't think that was the intention and hope GW are not as cynical as you.

Isn't hope a wonderful thing??
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »
As it turns out Veldemere was correct.  (Though I stand by my statement that the English could be interpreted either way).  And for the record it is usually Veldemere that is the cynical one  :)