home

Author Topic: Kislevites in AoS  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Archon

• Members
  • All for one Griffon soldier, one for all
Kislevites in AoS
« on: March 02, 2019, 10:54:07 PM »
As fars as I can tell, there's not even datasheets for these guys, so i've been wondering what to do with the models.

Part of me wants to run my Gryphon Legion knights as counts-as demigryph knights, but I'm assuming that wouldnt hold water at any kind of official event. Empire knights is probably the easiest.

The big question is the Kossars. For those playing, does anyone think I'd have trouble playing them as greatswords in a competitive environment? They do carry greatweapons, after all.

Not too concerned about friendly play, flgs would probably be down with anything, especially given the squatting.  I'd just hate to show up for pickups or a small tournament somewhere and cause trouble.

I just love the models. Hell, I was looking for Kossars on ebay still.
Let them line up all their archers, we fight better in the shade.
Let them line up all their spearmen for they'll all soon meet the blade

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Kislevites in AoS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
I would think you could use Kossars as Freeguild Greatswords.  They do have great weapons, though maybe not as much armour. 

The Knights are a problem, even the Empire Knights only have compendium warscrolls, there isn't any equivalent in the Freeguild currently.   As yo say Demigryph Knights are a base size up, and a much beefier unit than horse knights were.

I can understand why they didn't have Warscrolls, since they've only done them for stuff that was on their webstore at the time of launch for AoS.   And the only likelihood of them returning would be for a Made to Order, though not many of those have done particularly old models, most have been for the stuff that went OOP just before AoS, and in the first year, when tons of stuff went OOP.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 02:48:45 AM »
Do they sell anything Bretonnian anymore?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:03 AM »
No, the last Bretonnian stuff went OOP around 3 years ago now.   They did do a Made To Order with a couple of minis at one point I think, but obviously that was only for a week.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »
Kislevites?  Bretonnians?  What are those?

:engel:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Archon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:39:15 AM »
I would think you could use Kossars as Freeguild Greatswords.  They do have great weapons, though maybe not as much armour. 

The Knights are a problem, even the Empire Knights only have compendium warscrolls, there isn't any equivalent in the Freeguild currently.   As yo say Demigryph Knights are a base size up, and a much beefier unit than horse knights were.

I can understand why they didn't have Warscrolls, since they've only done them for stuff that was on their webstore at the time of launch for AoS.   And the only likelihood of them returning would be for a Made to Order, though not many of those have done particularly old models, most have been for the stuff that went OOP just before AoS, and in the first year, when tons of stuff went OOP.
So I don't actually own Demigryphs (though I may be looking to rectify that), but are the bases enough to fit two kislev knights? Theyre actually a bit skinnier than empire knights, would work on tabletop that way, and the double presence could explain the beefier stats as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »
Thats a great idea. I cant help with the base size though.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »
That sounds like one way to use them. :icon_cool:

Wondering if Imperial Knights are worth taking in WAoS?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Archon

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
My biggest problem with the knights is that they're too pricey to run as objective sitters, and using them in a CC role (which they could be pretty effective at), requires 10 to be reliable, which eats up almost 75% of your ally points at 2k.

Im still inexperienced with AOS, but been taking two wizards minimum for dispels.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 08:47:48 PM »
while not inexpensive, you could get some of the scibor bears as mounts for your kislev knights, then you can use them as demigryphs:

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=927#i/2010/big/war_bear_1_02.jpg

They are big enough that they would work well, and the ridger legs should fit ok on them (might just need a touch of bending at most). There are 4 poses, 25 euros each. Not cheap, but they would look gorgeous! If you keep an eye on their FB page, they often run deals on selected items. You might just find them on sale.

As for in-game usefulness, I can't help you with any advice there...   :::cheers:::
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 09:44:59 PM »
Timbor ... you're back, welcome! :::cheers:::

And yep, those bears would make doozy of mounts for Kislev knights and counts as demi gryphs.  Excellent idea. :icon_cool:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 02:08:05 AM »
Thanks! I thought it was about time to pop back into this old place for a bit...  :icon_wink:
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
Thanks! I thought it was about time to pop back into this old place for a bit...  :icon_wink:

I thought of you a while back - as I completed my collection of Kev's Merc Orcs   :biggriin:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 02:28:23 AM »
still love those buggers! I think I have all the merc orcs... but there are a good few handfuls of the war orcs I don't have  :::cheers:::