home

Author Topic: News From Marienburg: An Art Contest! UPDATED May 11  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
News From Marienburg: An Art Contest! UPDATED May 11
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:22:48 AM »
Those of you that were around for the War of Ostermark Succession campaign will remember the vast quantities of artwork that accompanied our publications, the majority of this was public domain woodcuts and engravings from history. With Crisis in Marienburg we plan on tapping our usual resources for artwork but also would like to incorporate some original pieces, and we thought that there would be no better place to go for such work than to the online community.

The task we set out is to create an original work of visual art based upon the background presented on the Crisis in Marienburg website. The official rules for the contest are posted below, we hope to be very open in the works we accept in both medium and style.

When the contest closes the entries will be judged and the winners recognised for their work. Any entry that we feel is suitable will have a chance to be included in official campaign publications.

Official Contest Rules
The Task:
To create an original work of art based upon the background set for the Crisis in Marienburg Campaign.

The Medium:
Pretty much any sort of 2D art that you can think of; painting, drawing, photography, digital art, etc. are all good for this.

The Submission:
Though work may be created via non-digital means, the submitted version must be a digital copy.

The following formats will be accepted: JPG, PNG, PSD.

Please try to keep your submitted work to under 10MB.

Please submit your work via email to calvin@warhammer-empire.com

All work must be submitted by May 26th 2008.

The Warhammer-Empire Terms of Use apply to this contest, specifically the following section:
Posting Files, Pictures, and/or Images on this Website
When posting any files, pictures, and/or images on this website, you warrant that you are either the owner of the copyright of the posted file, picture, and/or image or that you have the right or authority to post such files, pictures, and/or images. Furthermore, by posting such files, pictures, and/or images on this website, you grant full rights for the use and distribution of the files, pictures, and/or image to the website, its administrators and staff. The right of distribution is limited solely to this website and its users and does not extend outside of the website or to third parties.

Additionally by submitting your work to this contest you grant full rights for the modification of your submission by the campaign team.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:24:53 PM by Calvin »
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: News From Marienburg: An Art Contest!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
I'm so entering. Great idea :-D
you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »
I assume that you mean 2 demensional art as in drawings and paintings, but I thought I better clarify, there are many out there who would love to convert a figure and submit it, or even a diorama.  Howabout mixed media, in whatever form the artist picks.  If it is to be just 2 demensional, I sadly understand.   Hope this gives birth to a lot of creative ideas.  steveb 

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:08:20 AM »
Sorry for not responding earlier.

There will be more contests for things like converted models and other 3 dimensional works at a later date.

The official rules for this contest and a deadline will be posted within a few days.
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
Calvin - what's happened with this?

We do need artwork for the campaign. rufus is doing sterling work with the fluff and lists, but he could really do with some nice pics / sketches / drawings to go along side his prose .................

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
Whoops, forgot to post the rules... I'll add them to the top now.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: News From Marienburg: An Art Contest! UPDATED May 11
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
I'd love to participate in this, but what exactly are you looking for? The whole woodcuts and engravings-style looks really cool, but that's not my style... I have photoshop and blender to produce some results, and I'm fairly good at pencil drawings (plus I have a scanner). Some examples of what I can do:

I also made my own avatar.

I could probably slap up something, but first I need to know what I'm supposed to slap up...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: News From Marienburg: An Art Contest! UPDATED May 11
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:20:42 PM »
It could be almost anything you want! Basically try to impress us with something artistic inspired by the campaign background.

If you're really keen on seeing it go into campaign publications, try for something that we are likely to use: portraits, landscapes, battle scenes, stuff like that... the sort of stuff you would see in a GW publication, but with very little restrictions as to style.

Offline steveb

• Members
Is the art contest over? who won?  When is the conversion contest going to start? what are the topics? steveb