home

Author Topic: Astolat 352nd armoured - painting a new army  (Read 21475 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Astolat 352nd armoured - painting a new army
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »
lovely, as per usual.

Same from me. Great colors and poses! :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2018, 01:14:02 PM »
 :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::  Another bright spot!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
I tried out my tournament list last night against a black legion army in one of the missions we will be playing, rush to victory, from chapter approved. This was my first time using the three custodes shield captains, culexus and crusaders in Valkyrie.
I tables my opponent in turn five, but I was behind in victory points at that point. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures.

My thoughts on the list are:
Valkyrie is expensive for what it does. 142 Pts for a rubbish shooting platform. However it does allow a first turn charge with the crusaders which is super useful. Delivered with the priest and primaris psyker they held up and, eventually killed one flank of the chaos army. They get out 9” away, move 6” then can charge. Set up to surround a rhino with 8 berserkers, an exulted champion and a dark apostle (warlord) in. Once surrounded they couldn’t disembark and would of died with the vehicle. However I only rolled two for the charge and only just got in. I ended up charging with primaris and priest as well who got further. However didn’t managed to surround the rhino. I did a couple of wounds to rhino but the passengers got out next turn and berserkers charged and chopped up the primaris psyker, but only killed on crusader due to the 2++. I then interrupted with crusades and killed 6 of the 8 before they could strike again.
I changed in a shield captain to deal with the exulted champion but the crusaders finished off the berserkers, rhino and dark apostle in a couple of turns and three and the priest walked away.
The Valkyrie however got shot down and did nothing more. However it did suck up the fire from a las cannon predator for two turns till the shield captain engaged it after the exulted.
Culexus- didn’t do much. The only psyker on the table was a daemon prince so at the upper end of psyker range. His weapons are average at best, especially if you only roll one for the number of shots for three turns!  He did however pop up when i wanted and took an objective and is very hard to shoot, needing 6’s to hit and a 4++.
The shield captains are really good, but not unbeatable. I lost two, both in combat, one to a maulerfiend (he was fighting two of them due to blasted warptime)and one to the daemon prince. Flat three damage weapons are the main threat. I am planing of using a command point to get the 3++ jetbike for one and using him as a counter attack unit for my main line. To scrape threats off the tanks and guard line. Then use the other two in tandem to aggressively attack the enemy line. I feel they will work better like that. They hit with all their attacks due to the 2+ re rolling 1’s, but don’t always wound even with re rolls on charge. S6 is good but it’s 3’s most of the time. Maybe my rolling was bad.
The pair of standard leman russ tanks are great. They kick out so much firepower. I love them. The punisher is good to. But takes lots of time to roll nearly 50 dice, especially with the vengeance for Cadia stratagem allowing the role to grand wound. Not that it’s a bad tactic though.

Trying it again next week against a blood angle force, very much a combat army.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
Crusaders look awesome!
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »
Painted my first addition to this army along with my last batch of Deathwatch. He's a 3rd Ed Priest from the first Sisters of Battle release in the Nineties. I've had him for since then. Previously his last role was as a DOW duellist with two flint lock pistols. He's had them removed and a metal commissars chainsword and the plastic Cadian las pistol.

Once the last 6 Deathwatch are done i'm back on this army, i've got a Primaris Psyker and Master of Ordinance next up then 5 Kasrkin Stormtroopers to do
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2018, 09:03:37 AM »
As much as I dislike the SOB faction as a whole, these priests are great. I love that conversion and your paintjob. :eusa_clap:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2018, 03:50:20 PM »
That guy looks fierce! I would not want to mess with him.