home

Author Topic: Cultist Halberdiers  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Cultist Halberdiers
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:01 PM »
My Tilean campaign progresses slowly, not because of RL, nor tardy players (they must be getting fed up!) but because I am rebuilding all the historical campaign posts on my website and painting more figures. Here are my latest figures, 40 Morrite 'Dedicants', for which I will be creating some house rules so that they possess some of the flagellant rules (or at least, they can adopt 'flagellant' mode at some point in the game).

Ranked 5 by 8 ...

I might re-do the book because I became impatient trying to do a 'cunning' new printing technique and ended up just adding a few painted lines at the bottom which I think ruins the effect.

BTW, I actually typed a Morrite prayer and reduced it to figure size! Maybe if my printer was a million times better you could zoom in and read the writing.

Ranked 4 by 10 ...

I scavenged blades from all over for the 'counts-as' halberds. There are skaven weapons and free company ones in there, as well as some converted Frostgrave sword blades. I wanted a kind of crazed, ragged but nasty look.

Now I can start working on the end of season stories, which should feature these new figures, then the player's reports. Although we might have to do a battle to finish the season off, depending on whether a player wants to bother actually playing a battle he's guaranteed to win just to work out what casualties he does receive.

All I have to do with these now is decide on a Morrite emblem for the banner (maybe a raven, or an hourglass), and paint the musician's horn.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
Re: Cultist Halberdiers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »
I really like the look of those. Well done with the mix of blades for the halberds.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:03 AM »
wow those are cool  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:49 AM »
Very nice. That printed text looks great!

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »
Nice unit - looking fittingly menacing!  :ph34r:
cheers,
Lee

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
Excellent, they look as intended! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

I wouldn't bother with the book further, it looks fine, as if someone is writing in their comments for the margin, totally ok to me.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »
Nice array of pointy cleavey things, or what we used to call 2 Handed Cut and Thrust back in my historical wargames days.

For extra fun, you can get out your old AD&D rules and try and identify each halberd, voulge, glaive, glaive-guisarme, spetum and so on that you've included...  :icon_wink:

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
Wow!!  :icon_eek: awesome work here! Have you got any other Morr troops? cavalry or whatever?
I love this kind of projects.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 03:24:35 AM »
Padre, i lost your blog link again... how far back have you gone?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
Thanks for all the comments. I am a happy man.  :blush:

... Have you got any other Morr troops? cavalry or whatever? ...

No horse soldiers yet, and because the campaign is set in Tilea where it is generally accepted practice to hire mercenaries, I reckon they will likely do that instead. But the small army of cultists is coming on apace. Here you can see (nearly) the force so far - about 140 models

There's a big warmachine to be added which is not shown here, and various other crazy priest could be included in the ranks, but this is the force so far. Flagallants galore, including various melee regiments and a crossbow company. I think next, after several other campaign painting projects, I would add more crossbowmen. 

Padre, i lost your blog link again... how far back have you gone?

I'm rebuilding the campaign posts - just this campaign so far - as well as re-doing modelling/painting posts for various things mostly used in this campaign. See my link below in my signature to take you to my Big Small Worlds website. And if you like, please 'Follow' me!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
neat stuff! steveb