home

Author Topic: Eurobash 2019 Decision Time  (Read 35154 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Re: Eurobash 2019 Decision Time
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »
Last minute attenders welcome !

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »
been really busy lately, but looking forward!
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
been really busy lately, but looking forward!

Same here! Will be a busy weekend for me and really sorry I can only stay friday-saturday, but them's the brakes.
Is everyone going to Crisis saturday? I'd rather get a game or two in (40K or something)

Sorry to hear of your driving issues Midaski!
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2019, 01:39:13 PM »
Having fun?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2019, 07:01:37 PM »
Having fun?
Absolutely!
Shame it has passed already, but hey their is always next year  :::cheers:::

Thanks everyone for the great time, friendly games (though Friday, next time will be a grudge match :ph34r:) and the good atmosphere.
Daphné & Rune also say thank you  :happy: But the small one is really tired now.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2019, 07:21:32 AM »
Another great Bash !
Thank you all that were there !

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2019, 07:35:37 AM »
Please share your pictures. For some reason I took none...

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »
Yes another great Bash ending with a Bang (or several actually!), had some great fun and can't wait till May! So where is that new thread? :)

Pictures (not alot just some from my games) will come soon
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »
Saturday "Crisis"

Evil People vs Evil People 40k

Mordheim Fun!

Zombicide Green Horde

WHFB

Frostgrave

Chatting instead of playing.... :x :x

City

Painting

Getting ready

Memoir 44

Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2019, 12:58:59 PM »
Looks like folks are having lots of fun! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Is that gaming location different than before?  It looks bigger.

Enjoyed seeing the figures and scenery. I like the photo in front of Crisis, and the one of the sculpted runners with some of you joining in on the posing. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »

Is that gaming location different than before?  It looks bigger.

The Eurobash has been running for 12 years. This is the third building/premises the HQ club has had, and having seen it grow over the 12 years, I have to say it is really great.

Premises One in 2008 was a first floor flat in an apartment block. A local games store, where people got to play, had gone bust and after about 3 months of faffing around they found this apartment, which had been being used by some sort of martial arts group I believe, and they set up a club. Facilities were somewhat primitive - particularly the toilet  :closed-eyes: - but it was a start.

A few years later they moved, to building 2 which was basically the garage area of another apartment block. With some time to organise before they moved in, they built a bar, some better washroom facilities and got tables and chairs and shelving together. This seemed to generate more success and the membership grew.

Finally about 2.5 years ago they moved again. Same sort of thing - ground floor of a block and time to prepare before they moved in.
I got a look at the shell before fittings and construction was finished back in 2017, but the first Bash there in all its glory was May 2018.
When Fr1day walked in last Friday (Boom Boom) and not having come to the 2018 Bash he just went WOW! Then did a video which he sent to Finlay showing him what he was missing.  :engel:
Great bar. Cooking facilities - Microwave, Deep Fat Fryers, Grills, 2 Fridges with Beer and Soft Drinks (Sodas) and loads of Tables and shelving.
A horizontal TV screen in a tabletop for the maps in RPG games  :biggriin:
And the toilets - well Hotel standard. The number of Lady members present is a testimony to that improvement. :eusa_clap:

They've also learnt along the way. Annual membership due in January, and you get a 20% discount for paying IN January.
They used to run a tab, but there were sometimes disputes over payment, so now they have "Drink Cards". You buy a card for 25 euros which has icons of 50 cents totalling 27.50 euros - so you get a discount for paying up front, and the reduction in cash handling transactions is much more efficient, as the barman just ticks off your icons.

They are open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. Run tournaments and special events. RealJuan played in a Memoir 44 Tourney on Monday which was a Public Holiday in Belgium ... ... and won.   :Ohmy:
(Apparently the Dice Gods shone on him.)

So - Nice Premises. Well organised. Good membership with several willing helpers.
I am so bloody jealous!!!!  :engel:

Hopefully with that introduction you will be able to pick out the features in the photos people post.

Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2019, 05:09:29 AM »
Steg has his own shirt. I see Novogorod, Midaski made it, Shav is there, Henerius has more grey than I remember, and Soth is a ninja until the last photo!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2019, 08:01:10 AM »
Steg has his own shirt. I see Novogorod, Midaski made it, Shav is there, Henerius has more grey than I remember, and Soth is a ninja until the last photo!
Indeed, I feature in many pictures... Not of my habbit...
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
Fattest ninja ever.

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »
Things that do not show but are worth mentioning: we started out as an unorganised group of friends. But when we learned that actually put everyone at financial risk in case of accident, we founded a non-profit. Meanwhile we have been recognised as a sports club - I kid you not- and receive Grant's from the city. I even have a seat on the city sports council, where I am the only rep for "thinking sports". But most importantly, our club has legal entity and insurance, which avoids trouble for the members.

And don't be jealous... copy.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2019, 10:58:32 AM »
I think the lack of pictures show that most of the time we were busy playing games, and thats why most of the pictures are of games that I did not play.

I really wanted to get a picture of all of us, but somehow that idea was lost.
Trading Orcs for Empire

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2019, 01:17:48 AM »
Things that do not show but are worth mentioning: we started out as an unorganised group of friends. But when we learned that actually put everyone at financial risk in case of accident, we founded a non-profit. Meanwhile we have been recognised as a sports club - I kid you not- and receive Grant's from the city. I even have a seat on the city sports council, where I am the only rep for "thinking sports". But most importantly, our club has legal entity and insurance, which avoids trouble for the members.

Wow that is pretty awesome Soth. Not jealous at all! Totally going to see about spinning that here somehow.

• Members
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »
And here is my write up for the Eurobash 2019:
https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/2019/11/17/eurobash-2019/
Enjoy!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2019, 02:41:05 PM »
Enjoy!

I'm pretty certain Mrs Soth made the spaghetti sauce, and Soth just brought it along and heated it up.  :biggriin:
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2019, 04:40:32 AM »

Very cool.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Sounds like a good situation, congrats!  I've heard they got lots of gaming clubs in England, so sounds good you got one going in Belgium too.  They have some clubs in America, yet these mostly meet at each other's houses or a retail shop to get in games.  I've dreamed of renting space for such a club like situation, but these things require time, money, and effort that I'm not sure is wise for me to commit to currently.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »
Enjoy!
Great write up!  :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:

I really like the picture of the guys chasing the sculpted ladies.  There could be more than one way to look at that photo.  On the surface it real humans posing like the statues, but then it can be seen as guys chasing gals, and even when they are a bit like stones they still don't get caught.

Love the 40K pictures!  Those figures really pop on that table.  I noticed when attending Fall-In! this past weekend that the figures on the gaming tables that were base painted white definitely popped more, making the look of such tables a bit better than those with black base coating, unless the table scenery was bright while the figures were black undercoated, then it was an improvement.  It just goes to show how much the art side of this hobby is sometimes overlooked, or looked at without folks realizing why something look so good as compared to another.

Hearing about all the shopping at Crisis has me recalling the difference between the US conventions vs. the European ones.  Way more gaming at the American shows even though shopping is available.  Liked seeing the picture of the town hall too.  The Bash once again really looks and sounds like such a cool event to attend, congrats gentlemen! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2019, 09:05:19 AM »
Enjoy!
Great write up!  :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap:

I really like the picture of the guys chasing the sculpted ladies.  There could be more than one way to look at that photo.  On the surface it real humans posing like the statues, but then it can be seen as guys chasing gals, and even when they are a bit like stones they still don't get caught.

Well it's the closest I can get to chasing girls without getting the missus upset at home  :engel:

Love the 40K pictures!  Those figures really pop on that table.  I noticed when attending Fall-In! this past weekend that the figures on the gaming tables that were base painted white definitely popped more, making the look of such tables a bit better than those with black base coating, unless the table scenery was bright while the figures were black undercoated, then it was an improvement.  It just goes to show how much the art side of this hobby is sometimes overlooked, or looked at without folks realizing why something look so good as compared to another.

Well it's about 6 months to go till next bash, so I hope I can finally finish painting my 2k army, all efforts are going into that anyway (besides aiding my daughter with her Salamanders). I hope I can show then in full how my army looks on the battle field with all the white's and blue's!

Hearing about all the shopping at Crisis has me recalling the difference between the US conventions vs. the European ones.  Way more gaming at the American shows even though shopping is available.  Liked seeing the picture of the town hall too.  The Bash once again really looks and sounds like such a cool event to attend, congrats gentlemen! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Well there were a lot of demo games and even some participation games going on as well, but my interest wasn't really going towards that to see a few people mostly talking and not seeing a lot of action. As I could do that at the Eurobash it self with people I know and games I know.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2019, 12:54:06 PM »
I have now been immortalized in StealthKnightSteg bloq, and the story of my conquest during the bash will last for eternity!!!
Trading Orcs for Empire

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2019, 11:24:55 AM »
I have now been immortalized in StealthKnightSteg bloq, and the story of my conquest during the bash will last for eternity!!!

:biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: :biggriin: