home

Author Topic: Whats wrong in our ranks? Thread to Empire soldiers for 8-ed armybook.  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Mr.Carloff

• Members
  • The haughty adventurer.
Lords stands the same.

Heroes. All of them is fine, except poor Engeneer-boy. I think the reroll ability to hit with any missle weapon he fire should fix the problem. Not the BS 5 - he is no marksman at all, but he fires his own experimental weapons or old and "trusted" cannon/hellblasters/mortars. No Stank fixing upgrade for our "steam boy". It's too overpowering. Besides, how can he repair a huge amount of steel? With trusty crowbar and word "Tvou mat'!" ?! Don't be redicioulus. In armybook, at page 46 are Hugon's Terror Bell, the Thunder Barrel. can you image that is that? I can't  :icon_lol: Get the point? Think "steam boy" need more "mount" upgrades like robo-horsey. "Anti-flyer weapons, tunneling machines, !ice rays!, alchemical bombs and ALL MANNER OF WIERD DEVICES are but a handful of the deadly inventions devised by Engineers."  :icon_arrow:

Core.
"Ohhh infantry...poor beggars."
Our core hth rank'n'file infantry are good only at one thing - dying in massed numbers.  This should be fixed. How? I don't know really. But here is that in my mind: we can see at every plastic model there a lot of amulets, insignia and so on. Maybe GW should make a close view at that and create some rules. Like rerolls or something like that.

Halberdiers - 2 ranks, ap - should fix them.
Spears - 3 ranks.
Swordmen - +1 AS then recive charge.
Handgunners - we got a bayonett at models. What for? Mayby for no s'n's penalty?
Huntsmen - unit size 5-10.

"Shining men in steel stuff" or knights. A Great Weaponed knights should have 2 A rather 1 for those whos with lances. This fix the 2+ AS and strike last rule.
GW gave us:
Panters - rerolls AS
Reiksguards - rerolls to wound
White Wolfs - immune to psihology then able to chatge, like Errants
Blazing Suns - +1 to hit, Myrmidia is they godess of WAR  :engel:

Inner may be 0-1 and core. And +1 St, +1A, +1Ws. They are the best warrior of humanity? So? Why they stats is not like a captains?

Special.
Like all of them. But Gsword  may have a magic banner for 50 points. And 0-1.

Rare.
Hellblaster may have a upgrade for marksman with 4BS and nothing else.

Thanks to you gentlemen. And lady.   :icon_mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:58:09 PM by Mr.Carloff »
"... Fear not the Steam Tank or Hochland long rifle, for the roaring drunk halberdiers are more dangerous, and infinitely more common - in all sense of the word."
- Sir Gilbert de Arnaud, "Letters Ho

Offline pelcu

• Members
Halberdiers - 2 ranks, ap and Heavy Armor - Currently flank attack after countercharge is a bonus for their opponents. They can get extra points to Combat result. This is the most popular unit in Empire so it should be effective

Spears - 3 ranks. I agree.
Swordsmen - +1 AS They are fine..
Handgunners -. Maybe better “Firtst volley rule” if Engineer is in the army.
Huntsmen - unit size 5-10.

Offline Count Stephano

• Members
I am writing a supplement for the current army book.

It only needs to be playtested and some text editing. If your interested I can give it to you for playtesting.
many counts say die for our cause, i say; let them die for their cause