home

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the current Helblaster Volley Gun?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Brad_The_Reiklander

• Members
  • Death To The Heretics!
    • http://www.facebook.com/bradley.barnes.102
What are your thoughts on the current Helblaster Volley Gun?
« on: August 25, 2012, 11:59:32 PM »
I fielded it last night, and was THOROUGHLY impressed with it. I lost the game last night, since I played against Ogre Kingdoms AND Warriors Of Chaos, but my Helblaster did some pretty serious damage. The other two players were terrified of the thing! What are your thoughts on it?
"What I like best about a siege is that there is nowhere for them to run..."
Witch-hunter Zacharia Schmundt

Offline Gorgash Redfang

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Ostermark "Themed" Army
Re: What are your thoughts on the current Helblaster Volley Gun?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
Even if they are "were terrified of the thing!" They are worth the pts. Anything that has a bad reputation and makes the enemy avoid it like the plague are great for flank protection, etc, etc.

Then make three times that. It should be enough for half the roof Glue
You could certainly amass quite a collection of testicles

Offline Brad_The_Reiklander

• Members
  • Death To The Heretics!
    • http://www.facebook.com/bradley.barnes.102
Re: What are your thoughts on the current Helblaster Volley Gun?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Even if they are "were terrified of the thing!" They are worth the pts. Anything that has a bad reputation and makes the enemy avoid it like the plague are great for flank protection, etc, etc.

The other players being terrified of it is definitely a good thing  :biggriin:  I really liked it. At the point cost, if we played bigger games, I'd consider fielding two of them. I did have SOME misfires, to be sure, but nothing of consequence, really. I wiped out the Ogre Kingdoms players Yhetees pretty much immediately, and made short work of his Leadbelchers too. I may try the STank next game, but I was thoroughly impressed with my Volley Gun in my first Game with an Empire army.
"What I like best about a siege is that there is nowhere for them to run..."
Witch-hunter Zacharia Schmundt