home

Author Topic: Heretic disscussion.  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Adrian

• Members
Heretic disscussion.
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »
A few days ago i heard some chaos players at my store talking about when there 7th edition will come. They were mostly talking about that they will get the hell cannon for sure. Also they seemed to brag a lot about how strong and power full this thing is or was in the storm of chaos. There excuse was that because it was in the soc book and that they will get if for sure (i told to myself then that well i spent money for valten and i cant use it any more and neither make an empire wolf army since it is not allowed any more).
Is this thing really that strong?
Do you think it will be re given to the chaos?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:03:42 PM by rufus sparkfire »
On the battle field there is only but one commandment
THOU SHALT KILL

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
Re: Heretic disscussion.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »
I think its too strong...

but hey its their only arty piece so it has to be strong... If it is going to be in the new book then it should be 0-1..

oh and btw just tell him to wait and see.. there arent many rumors on the new chaos book... no one even knows when its coming lol...the next book is VC and then DE most likely... so thats about 2 years before the chaos, if its next.  :::cheers:::
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:45:44 PM »
Agreed with McKnurgle (and he should know, just ask old Grandfather eh!). Their book is so far away I don't think anyone is able to say anything with any even remote level of confidence. All I have seen so far is that they seem to be getting rid of all the SoC things in the other books (including a very early rumour that the Cult of Slaneshi list will go).

If it does come back I think it is fair to say that it will either be slightly nerfed or cost a lot more
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Von Breden

• Members
  • Remembering the Eccentric
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:54:23 PM »
I think its too strong...

but hey its their only arty piece so it has to be strong...
I disagree. It shouldn't be strong, it shouldn't exist. At least not in their list.

I really hope it won't be there, because this would mean that they really decided to quit Chaos Dwarfs, and I like them as bighats.
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
a) I also say nobody can spread any rumors right now so ....no one except the changer of ways can know anything about it so its all speculation

b) I think it is not too strong there are tons of ways to dispose of the thing it is very expensive and it takes two rare slots (not so bad for chaos because their rare isnīt so great anyway.)

Offline Phydox

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Its gonna be a while before we hear rumors about whats gonna happen with Chaos for the new edition.  There's so many directions they could go with...

The only thing for sure is, just because an armylist or model was in SoC, it doesn't guarantee a continued existence.  GW has a habit of just dropping stuff without any thought about the time or $$ people have put into now extinct armies.
Gadzooks!!!  Release the Pigeon Bombs!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:13:22 PM »
I want my dread-bearded, fanged Big hats first!
Nay, I DEMAND my dread-bearded, fanged Big hats!
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
I don't think the Hellcannon is all that scary... faced it only once or twice, but it didn't do a whole lot of damage.

I have read in a couple of places, a few coments that seemed to let on that GW plans to do both a DOW book and a CD book... take that for what it is though, just a few comments read on the internet... but anyway, I would think the Hellcannon would be in the CD book if it were going to come out again in a book... so this is just me talking out of my hat here, but if it isn't in the Chaos book, maybe look at that as a good sign for the CD.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »
I've only played against it once, it blew up on the first turn.
So yeah, it sucked ass  :biggriin:
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
Believe me.. It wrecks havoc against my armour..

TVI would get nightmares after he would have seen my battle lines after its devastating attacks.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
I haven't actually played against the hellcannon...

My normal Chaos player opponent plays with beasts in nearly all his lists and doesn't own a hellcannon

I have read its stats, but I dont quite remember them... But isn't it still vulnerable to the two cannons in your list? I forget, but I thought that a couple cannon shots should take it out of commission rather nicely (there are no problems that cannot be solved with enough cannons. The one nice piece of tactical advice given by GW)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »
I believe it has a Demonic Ward Save, like other demons... I think it is much scarier in close combat than as a shooting unit.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Rosencrantz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 08:11:15 PM »
I would say no, they bloody well should not. Counterable or no, I felt that making it a war machine and a monster was just too much. There was a line, and they crossed it.

Rosencrantz  :mellow:
"I'faith, Fortune's private parts we"

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 02:48:04 AM »
It also had to charge so diversion units gave it fits.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 03:33:15 AM »
I disagree. It shouldn't be strong, it shouldn't exist. At least not in their list.

I really hope it won't be there, because this would mean that they really decided to quit Chaos Dwarfs, and I like them as bighats.

Agreed. It belongs in the Chaos Dwarf list, not Chaos.

One thing I hope they do do - is release Hordes of Chaos and Beasts of Chaos in the one book. Improbable thanks to the looks of the new 40k Codex being seperate from Demons, however I can wish...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Shadoweyed

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 10:19:24 PM »
Just remember that a Hellcannon takes up 2 Rare slots and can only be fielded in a completely mortal army. So the Chaos player would need to sacrifice a deal to get it out.

I think that it is powered alright, I mean if it misfires it can really screw the Chaos player, killing its own crew, the casters on the field or shooting the nearest unit.

I don't think that anyone can say it will be in the book yet. Besides, it is the only model compensating for the lack of shooting in Chaos.

-shadoweyed

Doop123

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »
Bagh, nothing is too strong for a general of the empire. Even outnumbered we will meet them with steal, shot and powder. We are unshakable!

Offline Adrian

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »
Thing is that this machine is like out helstrum but with more accuracy and terror inducing. Has lots of wounds and cant be countered by the captain on pegasus.
On the battle field there is only but one commandment
THOU SHALT KILL