home

Author Topic: Silly models  (Read 6525 times)

Offline Hal

• Members
  • I am Hal, of Karak Kaldor
Silly models
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 10:26:47 AM »
The current Empire spearman codpiece- is that thing packed with foam? Surely not even the most well endowed Imperial soldier needs THAT much space  :wink:

However, for the world's worst model award, these take the cake:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947020101004&orignav=9

I also think that certain empire models are ruined by the heads given them; specifically, the command sprue (and elsewhere) head with the teeth beared - it makes him look just plain stupid. Not angry; not scary; just stupid.

I must say that the stag mount looks like a piece of foolery.

Various other models strike me as foolish; one conversion I remember seeing was a 40k Ultramarines Standard bearer from 2nd ed - I believe the model is still in the 'Eavy Metal showcase. The banner is three times higher than the carrier, and twice as wide. I've always said that the model should gain 'flying' as a special rule, due to the possible parachuting ability of the banner. Either that, or he can smother enemy units and remove attacks...

I do believe the model is in the latest SM Codex.

~Hal~
I have good ideas, not functional or balanced rules. When I post a revision idea, comment on the ideas, not the rules.

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 10:34:32 AM »
Quote from: Hal
The current Empire spearman codpiece- is that thing packed with foam? Surely not even the most well endowed Imperial soldier needs THAT much space  :wink:

But actually it's very historically accurate. Not because the real world Landsknechte were that "well endowed", but because they wanted to give the impression. ;)

Offline Hal

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »
I knew that it was, I was just commenting.

Then again...

That's what I call psychological warfare!

~Hal~
I have good ideas, not functional or balanced rules. When I post a revision idea, comment on the ideas, not the rules.

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
Silly models
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »
As well the wepaon has to pierce further before it hits anything valuable... ever seen Henry VIII's armour? (This is an english king by the way)
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Hal

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 10:54:40 AM »
Alrighty, point taken.

Let the men have their ball space  :wink:  :lol:

And so it was decreed in the years following the Great War against Chaos that, as part of the Reform of the Imperial Armies, all Soldiers of the Empire were to be issued with 5 cubic feet of high-density foam padding, that the genital area was well supported and protected...

~Hal~

Offline Guvnor

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 11:18:37 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I laughed a lot at that statement...
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Silly models
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 12:37:35 PM »
Is it just me or do the new Dwarf cannon shells look ridiculous?

You have a shortish barrelled cannon, and bullet shaped artillery shells.
 :roll:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Con El Pueblo

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »
Quote from: Hagen_von_Loewenstein

But actually it's very historically accurate. Not because the real world Landsknechte were that "well endowed", but because they wanted to give the impression. ;)

- Not surprised to see that it's a German invention  :P
Imperial wizards already surpass wood elven ones, who are skilled only in the hugging of trees. And possibly also the singing of protest songs.

Offline Hagen_von_Loewenstein

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 04:16:30 PM »
The guy who REALLY seemed to need to make this impression was not a german...  :roll:

Offline Guvnor

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »
I did mention him...

I like the dwarf shells, it just doesn't fit with their cannons though, we should have them instead.

How do they bounce? :?

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
Silly models
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »
Hmm I think that might have given king Henry an extra attack or two, or perhaps he used it as a pike in order to strike from the rear ranks  :-D
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Donnachaidh

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 11:04:30 AM »
Quote from: King
Hmm I think that might have given king Henry an extra attack or two, or perhaps he used it as a pike in order to strike from the rear ranks  :-D

If his reputation with the ladies is anything to go by, I think you are probably right…….
Without so much as a damn your eyes for the inconvenience

Offline ivandegi

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »
I found this in an old White Dwarf:

The Nuln clockwork knight !!

He's not an actual model but a conversion. I found it hilarious to say the least.

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
Silly models
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
Hehe, both strange and hilarious at the same time Ivan  :-D  Which white dwarf is it? I never saw this model before.
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline ivandegi

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
it's white dwarf 258

Offline Marcus Leitdorf

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2006, 04:56:59 AM »
The Exalted of Sigmar, Valten model. On one hand I think the model is kinda cool. The two fingers pose just looks goofy to me. I would think that the model might make a good elector count conversion with a little work, perhaps even Karl Franz. Does he ever ride a horse, or just a griffon?

I have seen a lot of heroic empire conversions using the Archaon model but not the Valten model; why not?

Marcus
Faithfulness to our fathers, faithfulness to our sons. Marius shall be avenged!

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Silly models
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2006, 01:06:23 PM »
The old Greater Demon of Slaanesh - it looked like a cow with Go-Go-boots and lingerie.

And, speaking of cows: The original Lahmmasu for the Chaos Dwarfs! Looked like an overfed ox who had got a new hairstyle (and a bad one) just before going to battle. Horrible.

Offline AdamG

• Members
Silly models
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
My money's firmly with the chaos Bloodbowl cheerleader! Wonderfully pervy!
Remember you're an Englishman and as such have won first place in thel ottery of life

Offline Eisenherz

• Members
  • Ostland Ogre tamer
Silly models
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »
Quote from: Gneisenau
And, speaking of cows: The original Lahmmasu for the Chaos Dwarfs! Looked like an overfed ox who had got a new hairstyle (and a bad one) just before going to battle. Horrible.

Maybe, but that's what he actually does look like, if you compare the model to the assyrian mythological figure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Louvre_lion_gate_DSC00914.jpg
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here...This is the War Room!
-- Peter Sellers (Dr. Strangelove, 1964)

Offline AldebrandLudenhof

• Members
  • London, UK
Silly models
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 12:00:40 AM »
The clockwork knight is a gem!

From the current edition, I've never gotten over the bananathirster, whilst the new giant appears to have swallowed a coffin whole.

The new dwarves have Victorian war machines with Victorian ammunition, with Celtic adornment and in a sort of huscarl-ish army. Not so good.

The warhawk surfers are somewhat amusing and terrible.

Hahaha, Hagen von Loewenstein wins a [rize for exemplary humourous picture selection.

Hi all, as I pass through. Just browsing around. I have been very busy on H&A all day, and come fresh from shoving all our ranks up to annoy the members :wink:

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Silly models
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
And from that day they fought on with courage, grit and determination never seen since the days of Sigmar, for they knew that whatever would happen, their precious family jewels would be safe.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders