home

Author Topic: Warcry ...  (Read 9175 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Warcry ...
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2021, 09:03:09 AM »
Haven't touched my Warcry figures nor returned to scenery pieces in a few months.  I got a bunch of the scenery laid out on a piece of cardboard for priming, and really need to return to this project.  The figures ... my frustration with putting those ones I had together without having the instruction sheets has slowed me down, and at some point need to get back to that as well.

Anyway, in the meantime, here is a video of someone who created a magnitized board for his Warcry gaming pleasure ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzae0AJEXbE
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Warcry ...
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2024, 04:26:44 PM »
Wow,, it's 2024, and I haven't worked on Warcry figures nor scenery in way too long.

However, with GW discontinuing some of the factions, I had always wanted to pick up a box of the Tarantulos Brood, and so that has now been purchased, although not from GW directly.

If some folks recall (probably not much likelihood of that :icon_wink: ), I had always liked the eagles/"Aetherwings" that came in the original ... wait for it, it might come as a shock to some ... Stormcast Eternals Warcry set.  Yes, yes, as many are aware, I'm not a big fan of W:AoS, nor the Stormcast Eternals, yet this set did in intrigue me enough to eventually buy one for the Warcry game.  And so that has been done. :icon_lol:

In 2021, and 2022, some of the bands of Warcry I used such for enemy groups of a band of RPG characters that I had running for some nieces and nephews.

Currently?  Well ... how I'm going to fit these figures and games of Warcry into priority list, that's yet to be determined. :engel:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra