home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261675 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1000 on: January 05, 2019, 03:16:18 AM »
HAHAHAHA
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1001 on: January 07, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
I like it. I’m not seeing a whole lot of new ideas for units though, which disappoints me. Interesting in knowing what those sniffer ones do. Also I like the look of the armoured guy with the moon shaped helmet. Thats a cool idea!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1002 on: January 07, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
Personally, I really like how GW has approached this army. As the night goblins were always my favourite army, they have done a wonderful job in pulling the old and tying it in with the new. Moonclan, forest goblins, trolls and giants. What could be better. Already a fan of the new, AoS2 and this army have gained my entire confidence. I no longer worry if they will squat old armies/units as the warscrolls already exist for everything and have no worry about future factions. No doubt they will pull all time favorites from the past and combine them with the new.
Starting this year,  I have no hobby room, no new rules or battletomes, nothing new 40k - zip on it all but I have a definite plan now. AoS2 will be the main system I work on now. I’ll start with stormcast and alternate after each unit with a gloomspite unit pulled from my old army and supplemented with the new gloomspite models. I have both dragon and lion rampant rules and may digress a bit with them but as I don’t have the time or committed resources for anything else, I’ll stick with my new plan.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1003 on: February 08, 2019, 06:06:09 AM »
Another new shadespire warband. This time the sylvaneth.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1004 on: February 27, 2019, 02:51:50 AM »
I'm looking forward to getting some of those new dark elf witch's [or whatever the new name is] so I can finish that mermaid army I started a couple of years ago

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1005 on: March 13, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
From news from GAMMA: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/11/breaking-news-from-gama/

New expansion coming: Forbidden Power (vid in the article)

and new Skirmish game from the makers of Kill Team and Underworld:
Warcry
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1006 on: March 26, 2019, 04:35:42 AM »
Warcry looks pretty cool. I'm interested to learn more about it.

• Members
« Reply #1007 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:11 AM »
Multiple news facts coming again from GW

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/28/breaking-news-dark-power-unleashed/

More about Hidden Power, an expansion set

with more general endless spells

New / Updated battletome coming:

with their own faction endless spells:

for Warhammer Underworlds Nightvault a new group

Iron Golems for Warcry

and fauna (chaos critters)

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #1008 on: March 28, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
AND!!

New Slaanesh Battletome

With new gribblies:

Keeper of Secrets:

and more new models:

their endless spells:

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1009 on: March 28, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »
Any idea how does Warcry relate rules-wise to AoS and/or the board games? A thing of its own, or an iteration/setting in the previous?

I very much like the idea of cultures, instead of the good/neutral/evil races.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #1010 on: March 28, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »
They've not given any information out rules wise at the moment.

My impression is that it's a new rules system, in the way Kill Team was for 40k, but that was 90% the same as 40k anyway.  So I expect this to be much like AoS, rather than anything like Underworlds.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1011 on: March 29, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »
That's my impression to. Some kind of skirmish/kill team thing. They've really gotten on board with that kind of stuff, and it gives them a chance to make some interesting and unique looking models without redoing a whole army book or trying to make an entire unit. I'm also a real fan of the whole different cultures thing.

I also like the Khadron Underworlds team. One of the first that's really caught my interest. Some of the Endless Spells also look real neat as possible scenery. We don't play with Endless Spells here, but I might pick up some like the Fyreslayer ones to make the board look fancy.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1012 on: April 02, 2019, 03:04:11 AM »
I really like those Dwarf endless spells.... can see myself buying that.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #1013 on: April 02, 2019, 08:10:50 AM »
Love these dwarven "spells". The forge-thing will be great for my next terrain project!

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #1014 on: April 02, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
I think the forge is a scenery piece for the Fireslayers rather than an Endless spell.  The magma golem thing is though

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1015 on: April 07, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but TGA community seams to be unavailable. For maintenance or something?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1016 on: April 07, 2019, 06:47:57 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but TGA community seams to be unavailable. For maintenance or something?

Never mind. Back up after a day or so
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1017 on: May 04, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »
More war cry previews! This time a look at what they call a more 'classic' look chaos warband.

Meet the Untamed Beasts – perhaps Warcry’s most savage warband (and believe us, they’ve got some stiff competition). Hailing from the Jagged Savannah in Ghur, these raiders have a distinctly old-school aesthetic that’s reminiscent of classic Marauders and barbarians of Warhammer’s past. If you’re looking for a warband that looks like it came straight from the pages of Slaves to Darkness, these are the guys for you!

Just as distinct as their Chamonite counterparts, the Iron Golems, the Untamed Beasts are nomadic warriors. They scorn those who indulge in fripperies like establishing permanent settlements or wearing forge-crafted armour, instead subsisting on hunting carnivorous beasts – or any unfortunates who’ve stumbled into their domain.

The Untamed Beasts have a really distinct and dynamic aesthetic that sets them apart from other Chaos models. Traditionally, the servants of the Dark Gods are trudging, resolute, ironclad creatures. Instead, each of these models is bursting with energy and dynamism. At first glance, you could well mistake the Untamed Beasts for hunting animals. Just as with the Iron Golems, the rich, dark world of Warcry has allowed our designers to shed light on new facets of Chaos, as well as giving us insight into life in the wilds of the Mortal Realms themselves.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1018 on: May 04, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
Then there's a ton of new scenery coming for the Forbidden Power Expansion!

And some art, because I thought it looked cool.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1019 on: May 05, 2019, 01:24:46 AM »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #1020 on: May 05, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »
Yeah, so many cool things coming out all at once. The terrain looks great! So does Warcry!.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1021 on: May 08, 2019, 01:03:22 AM »
Again, chaos tries to convert me! Very nice.
If all goes well, (a big if) I plan to get this. There is a lot of value here.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/AoS-Looncurse-EN-2019?utm_campaign=e514f25859-GW_4th_May_Looncurse_EN_NA&utm_source=GamesWorkshop.com&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-e514f25859-115093997

Never f’ing mind. Sold out online already...........
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1022 on: May 08, 2019, 01:48:44 AM »
Wow that was quick!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1023 on: May 09, 2019, 08:39:47 PM »
Again, chaos tries to convert me! Very nice.
If all goes well, (a big if) I plan to get this. There is a lot of value here.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/AoS-Looncurse-EN-2019?utm_campaign=e514f25859-GW_4th_May_Looncurse_EN_NA&utm_source=GamesWorkshop.com&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-e514f25859-115093997

Never f’ing mind. Sold out online already...........

Yay! Apparently 3 boxes are arriving in Ottawa Saturday at the local GW.  If I get my arse in by noon, one of those babies are mine !!!!!!
If the stars align, I shall update then.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #1024 on: May 11, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »
Warhammer Fest new reveals at 3 BST for AoS
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/10/warhammer-fest-uk-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-1/

We already got Contrast Paint.. interesting idea.. not so sure about it