home

Author Topic: Cities of Sigmar/Freeguild "proxies" in AoS  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Tyvw

• Members
Cities of Sigmar/Freeguild "proxies" in AoS
« on: June 27, 2021, 09:55:14 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Between the new version being announced and me playing quite a bit of TW:Warhammer over the last month or so, I'm itching to build myself an Empire Freeguild army. I used to have one back in the day but I sold most of it (if not all, I'd have to check some dusty boxes) years ago. So I nostalgically started browsing the GW website to get an idea of how much this project is going to cost me, only to find that time has not been kind to the denizens of the Empire.. a lot of the models are no longer made and only supported by legacy rules (tucked away in some hidden corner of the GW website) that don't really mesh with the current rules. On the eve of a new edition some of those rules are bound to change, but I doubt they'll change enough to include legacy units.. so I'm looking to proxy some models.

Flipping through the cities of sigmar book I realised I could probably include some Knightly Orders if I play them as drakespawn knights, (although I've heard about people playing them as allied vampires?), archers could maybe be some kind of elven archer, a cannon could be.. something, etc.

Now before I go about re-inventing the wheel and collecting armybooks that may or may not be replaced over the few months I figured I'd check if anyone on these forums had done something similar. And how such an army fares against the newer AoS factions, I'm not a particularly competitive player but I'd like to be able to keep up in a pick-up game at the local store.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most thankful,