home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 71253 times)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #575 on: June 28, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
Loads of progress tonight, first whilst chatting with old Uni friends, then listening to Sam Harris podcasts!

Nice Hobbits, surprisingly lean.

Sam Harris is an excellent choice.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2020, 01:53:03 PM »
Halfway through the last platoon of an Imperial guard army
I've also nearly completed Ro-man. I cannot, will not and must not abandon him

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #577 on: June 28, 2020, 02:59:19 PM »
Cut arms and heads, and began matching bodies for Somerset's 12 billmen, but no glueing today.  The creativity of these Perry 28mm WotRs figures is getting tougher, especially with the archers.

Trying to make every figure different, and the more of these that get done, the more I have to check them against the ones already made.  The billmen are easier to a degree, except there are only 6 sets of arms.  With the archers, they have 10 sets, some of which can be interchanged, if they have the same clothing type.  And of those 10 sets, there are three groups of 2 sets, one group of 3 sets, and only one set that isn't interchangeable.

Anyway ... I got the start of Pope Leo IX's heraldry on 5 speamen, the diagonal yellow bars.  Not sure how I'm going to do the 3 crowns above and below the bar, but going to give it an effort at some point.  Also, finished edging the blankets on my Knights of the Aver River unit, and I am looking forward to finishing this unit.

- - -

Updating ...

Friday ... Day 57

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Artoban, Padre, GP, Mids, Realjuan

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Saturday begins ... Day 58

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Artoban, GP, Mids, Realjuan, Gankom

Today ...

Sunday begins ... Day 59

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Padre, Realjuan, Artoban, GP, Gankom

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:42:48 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #578 on: June 28, 2020, 07:37:39 PM »
Day 59 - realized I had to paint my wood bases with a black before the astrogranite. Got 40 and some characters.
Might push on to do the other 20.

Edit: yep. The other 20 done.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:28:03 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #579 on: June 28, 2020, 08:35:17 PM »
Tell your cat he'll get dizzy if he keeps looking at the multi colors on the palette! :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2020, 09:22:48 PM »
Was a nice family weekend with the minimum hobby time, but still a little.
Friday ... Day 57
Reading 40k novel

Saturday ... Day 58
Reading 40k novel

Sunday ... Day 59
Planning of painting suitcase with brother in law
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »
Only 40 minutes today, but highlighted the red on 36 figures.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #582 on: June 29, 2020, 07:24:55 AM »
Week 9:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday:
I started painting 4 new figures: 1 goblin, 1 knight, 1 cherubin & 1 tiny griphon.
I didn't find time to photograph the other finished figures, I hope to do that this evening.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #583 on: June 29, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
More hobby.. starting on my July goals actually :)

Week 8
June 19th:
-More progress on the Coldstar, did the 2nd layers of white did the recess shades and grey panels / hands and the 1st layer of orange on helmet and pauldron
June 22nd:
-Finished with cleaning up after the recess shades, now only to do the last details and work on the base
June 23, 25 (taking it as one day):
-Did some reading up on the Psychic Awakening books I still had lying around, finished two of the books on the Lore parts

Week 9
June 26th:
-Finished the Coldstar Commander (battleready)
-now starting up on taking the pictures of this past month
June 28th:
-Build the Primaris Librarian with Benthe
-Build the Foetid Bloat Drone and magnetised the weapon options also, just not to happy about the outlining of one of the plaguespitters so worked in a bit of Green Stuff to see how that will look
-Put some paint on the Primaris Intercessors
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:33:07 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #584 on: June 29, 2020, 03:05:58 PM »
So Realjuan ... I get reading 40K novel as maybe being part of the hobby, perhaps like when one does historical research for historical miniatures, although what is this about planning painting a suitcase :icon_question:

- - - - - -

Couldn't get into being creative with the billmen.  So I got out 6 Perry light cav horses and glued them together instead.  Simple and not a lot of mind energy needed for that ... lol.  Then I struggled painting a new layer of flesh on the 17 spearmen.  Not enough definition in the detail on the faces to really get them to pop, and so I covered over most if not all of the wash, and will probably call it good because I don't want to waste time on stuff that'll drive me wacky.

- - -

Updating ...

Saturday ... Day 58

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Artoban, GP, Real Juan, Mids, Gankom

Sunday ... Day 59

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, GP, Realjuan, Gankom, Mids

Today ...

Monday ... Day 60

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Padre, Realjuan, Artoban, GP, Gankom

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:25:36 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #585 on: June 30, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »
Probably it was not described properly.

I am planning on how to make a suitcase to take minis/paints/etc when I travel. Weekends, or even week trips.

I never had a painting area myself, but I am working on that too. What I used to have what small boxes to store and sometimes to take with me.

What I have is

The citadel painting station, I never use. Basically I store paints there. I need to sell it or learn how to use it.  In the middle top is Mrs.Realjuan small 1-mini transport, and the black/orange lunch box can hold 3-5 minis with 10 citadel paint pots, brushes, and it also works as a wet pallet. It has some protection for the minis, and I would rate 8/10 for small trips. The box on the right is a tool box where I used to keep my paints, and its the right size to carry on a backpack, but has no compartments. I would like to transform it into a painting rack to take during weekends trips. I would like to laser cut or do something so that paints to fly around during transport, and maybe even add mini compartments or brush compartments. Soemthing similar to https://www.warmage.de/info/Kickstarter-Information.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:59:50 AM by Realjuan »
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

• Members
« Reply #586 on: June 30, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »
Did some more work

Week 8
June 19th:
-More progress on the Coldstar, did the 2nd layers of white did the recess shades and grey panels / hands and the 1st layer of orange on helmet and pauldron
June 22nd:
-Finished with cleaning up after the recess shades, now only to do the last details and work on the base
-Did some reading up on the Psychic Awakening books I still had lying around, finished two of the books on the Lore parts

Week 9
June 26th:
June 28th:
-Build the Foetid Bloat Drone and magnetised the weapon options also, just not to happy about the outlining of one of the plaguespitters so worked in a bit of Green Stuff to see how that will look
June 29th:
-More Paint on the Intercessors! Metalics and first model got some lighter green first layer done
-Primed the Librarian and the Foetid Bloat Drone

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #587 on: June 30, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »
My cat loves nothing more than to walk back and forward across the shelf I have my undead armies on [she must have been a witch hunter in a previous life]
Additionally; I'm halfway through the I.G platoons. Progress was hindered today by the local games shopping shutting down AGAIN :x

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #588 on: June 30, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »
Ah!  Thanks Realjuan, I get it now.  I was trying to figure out why painting a suit case was part of the hobby.  Now I see that this was a project for the hobby that involved a suitcase being used to transport paint.  Bingo! :icon_mrgreen:

Updated further back! :::cheers:::

- - -

Three more Perry light cav horses constructed, and it was quite the struggle to get myself to do that.  Then painted a layer of dark brown on two more horses for my Knights of the Aver River unit.

Time for another update.

Yesterday ...

Monday ... Day 60

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Rowsdower, Mids, Realjuan, Artoban, Gankom

Today ...

Tuesday ... Day 61

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:30:50 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #589 on: June 30, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
Did more work on my pikemen yesterday (Monday).
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #590 on: June 30, 2020, 02:31:06 PM »
Updated above. :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #591 on: June 30, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »
Day 59 and 60 I had both a kill team games and a warhammer game! They didn't go well! Mostly technically problems. We kept losing signal, or dogs barking or all kinds of stuff. Really we just sat around and talked about warhammer.

Day 61 I have spray painted more models to give them a base coast. But it is HOT here, and humid enough I'm worried paint wont dry properly.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #592 on: June 30, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
Day 60 - not a thing. Not one lick of paint or drop of glue. I didn’t even get downstairs to contribute to day 60. Then it happened. I walked out to the mailbox and out of the sea of Covid floated my  long lost evocators ordered back in March.
Guesswhat GP? Stormcrud saved the hobby day 😺
Today I should be able to make a real effort.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:05:35 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #593 on: June 30, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »
Gankom ... will update that other day further back! :::cheers:::

Artoban ...  :icon_lol: :icon_cool:  :::cheers:::

Updating ...

Monday ... Day 60

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Gankom, Artoban, , Rowsdower, Mids, Realjuan,

Today ...

Tuesday ... Day 61

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Mids, Padre, Realjuan, Artoban, GP

• Members
« Reply #594 on: June 30, 2020, 10:23:08 PM »
Ah something normally that doesn't happen on a Tuesday, hobby time! (unless I can go to the club for a game)

Week 8
June 19th:
June 22nd:

Week 9
June 26th:
June 28th:
June 29th:
-More Paint on the Intercessors! Metalics and first model got some lighter green first layer done
-Primed the Librarian and the Foetid Bloat Drone
June 30th:
-Put some paint on the base and 4 colors on the foetid Bloat Drone whilst talking to RealJuan and Padre on discord

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #595 on: June 30, 2020, 11:01:05 PM »
Day 61 - 1 group of shootas done and my newly arrived evocators

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #596 on: July 01, 2020, 05:11:47 AM »
Monday ... Day 60
Found a few Army Painter paints, but sadly they have to be rebottle/rehydraded.

Tuesday ... Day 61
Set our DSLR camera to use as a webcam (really nice quality) and build some minis while talking to Padre & Stealth

Wednesday ... Day 62
Woke up early, so decided to finish working on building a few spaces marines that I started last night
Trading Orcs for Empire

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #597 on: July 01, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »
My level of exhaustion was high.  Only constructed 1 of 3 remaining horses, my mind just isn't into building currently.  Painted brown on the last of 6 horses for my Knights of the Aver River.

Updating ...

Monday ... Day 60

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Gankom, Artoban, Realjuan, Rowsdower, Mids

Yesterday ...

Tuesday ... Day 61

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Artoban, GP, Realjuan, Padre, Mids

Today ...

Wednesday ... Day 62

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Realjuan, Rowsdower, Gankom, Mids, Padre, Artoban, GP

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:32:26 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #598 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:07 AM »
I painted whilst on the Discord chat with StealthKnight and RealJuan. Leather belts and armour almost done!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
Had to drive 2 hours in order to get supplies.
Managed to crank out 8 more guardsmen for my Bengal Lancers guard army
Also scored an obscure panzer