home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812245 times)

Offline Sig

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #10900 on: December 30, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »
Horizon: Zero Dawn is up there with it too.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #10901 on: December 31, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »
Is it an exclusive? Didn't know that. Anyways, it's on the list of games to get so to say, together with a whole lot of other worthies.  :biggriin:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #10902 on: January 05, 2018, 08:48:56 PM »
Really enjoying Fallout 4 atm. All the graphical detail really helps to make the setting come alive. Or actually not very alive  :icon_wink:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #10903 on: January 10, 2018, 08:00:57 PM »
I have been wanting a Total War game to take place in China forever now.  Today, my pleas have been heard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOP1YugqRDk

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:10:47 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10904 on: January 10, 2018, 09:33:18 PM »
Not sure why but grutch’s Work on halbedier fighting comes to mind at the moment 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10905 on: January 11, 2018, 02:07:26 AM »
Its a work in progress.  I'll have a demo for you in June. 

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10906 on: January 11, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »
fallout 4 was a disappointment.

Horizon sero dawn has been doing the rounds on the sales over here, meant to be amazing.

Everyone should buy a switch because they are great.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10907 on: January 11, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Untik it gets Mario Maker, thats a pass thanks. I will stick to WiiU.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #10908 on: January 11, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »
I have been wanting a Total War game to take place in China forever now.  Today, my pleas have been heard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOP1YugqRDk

Ow yeah! I love the Three Kingdoms setting.

The one in green is clearly Guan Yu while I'm pretty sure the one with the feathered helmet is Lu Bu. Seeing that the probable Lu Bu seems to be attacked by both others that would make the bearded ruffian Zhang Fei, Guan Yu's sworn brother.

PhillyT

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #10909 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
I know very little about The Three Kingdoms period outside of the movie "Red cliff."  I was more hoping for the bronze age warring states era with its many factions, political maneuverings, battles, all culminating in the first Chinese Empire.  This seems like a good runner up though.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #10910 on: January 11, 2018, 10:15:16 PM »
Really enjoying my Switch, Mario Odyssey was very fun and I love getting all those old SNK arcade games on it like Metal Slug and King of Fighters and being able to play on the train.

Horizon is well worth getting Finlay.

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #10911 on: January 12, 2018, 12:51:36 AM »
I may be the only person in existence who doesn't care about any Nintendo IP.  In fact the only Nintendo game I can recall ever playing was Donkey Kong Jr Game/Watch back in about 1982.

Don't bother trying to convince me to give your favourite game a try.  I have no interest whatsoever.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10912 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:44 AM »
Metroid?

Just curious if you actually like... games?
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #10913 on: January 12, 2018, 07:29:03 AM »
It's not that I dislike Nintendo, it's just that I happen to not care about any of the games that Nintendo produces.  If Fromsoft had done their publishing deals with Nintendo instead of Sony, I'd probably be playing Demon's Souls and Bloodborne on the Switch.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #10914 on: January 12, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »
Played the soulsborne games to death, personally. The genre is feeling very stale. I'm not sure what the future holds there.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10915 on: January 12, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
Those games have never appealed to me. I am not a fan of playing games where I want to smash the controller into the screen.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10916 on: January 12, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »

I seriously underestimated how much I would use and appreciate the portability, even just around the house.

and Ted is playing Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and Lego City Undercover. It was really great at the weekend to play Odyssey with him (he runs around, I help him when he gets stuck) while my youngest napped and the wife was out with the middle one.

It's also satisfying watching him get better at the lego city game.

good times!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10917 on: January 12, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »
Had lots of fun with Mario cart when my son was young. Very true Finlay , good times indeed. I didn’t quite realize I was having the best time in my life and video games where a big part of that. Any one remember the Armymen series?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #10918 on: January 12, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »
Those games have never appealed to me. I am not a fan of playing games where I want to smash the controller into the screen.

It's funny, I never felt that. I always knew I died because I just wasn't good enough. Once you played one they stopped being hard anyway. They were well worth playing, it's just for me I want to see them evolve it.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #10919 on: January 12, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »
I'm a fan of the Bomber Crew game. Cute, little game, about managing a crew of a WWII bomber plane. Really complex, despite it's misleading "chibi" style. Having lots of fun with that one.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10920 on: January 12, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »
Had lots of fun with Mario cart when my son was young. Very true Finlay , good times indeed. I didn’t quite realize I was having the best time in my life and video games where a big part of that. Any one remember the Armymen series?

Yes, I spent many hours with the Armymen series. I can't remember which one and googling now shows there was A LOT more then I remember.

I've been jumping around on games recently. Doing a little bit of Stellaris, then I jump to Rimworld, then I jump to Factorio, then I jump to Rainbow Six Siege. I'm really debating getting the $12 humble bundle to get Civ 6 so cheap.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10921 on: January 12, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »

Yes, I spent many hours with the Armymen series. I can't remember which one and googling now shows there was A LOT more then I remember.

I've been jumping around on games recently. Doing a little bit of Stellaris, then I jump to Rimworld, then I jump to Factorio, then I jump to Rainbow Six Siege. I'm really debating getting the $12 humble bundle to get Civ 6 so cheap.

Army men 1 and #2 which was called Toys in Space were the best. They came out with world at war but 3do needed cash and released a really glitchy game. Thinking about it there may have been one befor toys whee they have to fight their way through the house. Those games were great.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #10922 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
I honestly don’t know why, but I have played more than 100 hours of Morheim since Christmas. It’s not that good! Why am I enjoying it so much?!
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #10923 on: January 12, 2018, 11:58:37 PM »
I honestly don’t know why, but I have played more than 100 hours of Morheim since Christmas. It’s not that good! Why am I enjoying it so much?!

Because it has that "something" in it? ;)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10924 on: January 14, 2018, 03:55:05 AM »

It's funny, I never felt that. I always knew I died because I just wasn't good enough. Once you played one they stopped being hard anyway. They were well worth playing, it's just for me I want to see them evolve it.

Thing is, I played Tony Hawk 3 for about an hour once, and it made me feel like that, but I also hated it so very much. I don’t think there is much space for evolution there TBH. Unless you can use gesture controls or VR.