home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812293 times)

Offline towishimp

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #1550 on: November 23, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
which is fine.
And the fact the wii sells more than then 360 and ps3 suggests that niche is not so small.

But I'd rather they catered to "proper" gamers as well.
If they could manage to get all the sweet first party games, AS WELL as all the bigger releases then that would be amazing.

Agreed.  Since I've already invested in the console, it'd be great if I could get some awesome games for it.  Besides the cutesy party-type games that I sometimes play with friends (usually whilst drunk), I've only ever played Zelda, Fire Emblam, and Ghengis Khan II on my Wii.  Well, I played Madden on it for like 2 days before I screamed and went back to playing it on Xbox (I mean seriously, you can only accidentily throw the ball immediately after the snap -- which results in an almost sure interception -- like 3-4 times before you write off the game as unplayable).
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1551 on: November 24, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »
Oblivion was fun for a bit but became bland.  I have a copy for the 360 if you want.  You dont live terrible far from me if I remember.

Yeah, not that far at all.  Next time there's an event going on with gaming or something I'll hit you up.  I don't have an Xbox though, but thanks.

I have a 360.  :engel: And I loved Oblivion for the brief time I borrowed it.  :engel:

Nudge nudge.  :-D

psh you havnt logged into steam in 9 days, how do i know you would even play it.  :closed-eyes:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1552 on: November 24, 2011, 05:33:44 AM »
Oblivion was fun for a bit but became bland.  I have a copy for the 360 if you want.  You dont live terrible far from me if I remember.

Yeah, not that far at all.  Next time there's an event going on with gaming or something I'll hit you up.  I don't have an Xbox though, but thanks.

I have a 360.  :engel: And I loved Oblivion for the brief time I borrowed it.  :engel:

psh you havnt logged into steam in 9 days, how do i know you would even play it.  :closed-eyes:

I've been playing a non-steam game for those 9 days.  :happy:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #1553 on: November 24, 2011, 06:42:25 AM »
You should be playing skyrim!
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1554 on: November 24, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »
You should be playing skyrim!

I would if I had it. I'm getting it for Christmas. The wait is killing me!

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1555 on: November 24, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »

Lies! :dry:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1556 on: November 25, 2011, 01:26:38 AM »

Not at all. I've been replaying The Battle for Wesnoth campaigns.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1557 on: November 25, 2011, 01:45:46 AM »

Not at all. I've been replaying The Battle for Wesnoth campaigns.
sounds fake... :dry:
also you are really not understanding what I am getting at lol

also I bought something on steam but when trying to install it the download for it says "suspended." what should I do?
― Jake the Dog

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #1558 on: November 25, 2011, 02:20:46 AM »
Wait a bit and try again. Servers are probably overloaded from the sale.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1559 on: November 25, 2011, 02:52:24 AM »
sounds fake... :dry:
Totally for realsies. www.wesnoth.org
also you are really not understanding what I am getting at lol
I understood. I've been busy.  :::cheers:::

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1560 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:54 AM »
Wesnoth is a great free game but the difficulty is punishing.....at one point you lose all your army and start with scrap again....at that point I gave up.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #1561 on: November 25, 2011, 06:39:51 AM »
Wait a bit and try again. Servers are probably overloaded from the sale.
whats weird id I bought another game shortly after and it downloads fine.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1562 on: November 25, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
Wesnoth is a great free game but the difficulty is punishing.....at one point you lose all your army and start with scrap again....at that point I gave up.

Wuss. Put on your man pants and get your Wesnoth on.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1563 on: November 25, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
I already told you I prefer to play naked, with my danglies dangling.

Also I am back to conquer Pendor (mount and blade warband.....) hmmm also I still have the fantasy general challenge open but I remember that Wesnoth WAS nice...I do like Hex games.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1564 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »
I beat Batman Arkham Asylum yesterday morning.  Was a lot of fun, so thanks for the word of encouragement T12.  Going out last night for Black Friday do dads I found Arkham City half off so I have that now.  I'm enjoying it even more than the first.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1565 on: November 26, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »
I remember that Wesnoth WAS nice...I do like Hex games.

I've been playing hotseat with my brother while he's in town. It's challenging! The stupid dwarven coalition faction friggin owns in multiplayer, because of all the impossible to hit cheap units.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #1566 on: November 26, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »
Fun thing I learnt today: Wales' underdeveloped power grid is only one contributor to its status as a Third World Country.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #1567 on: November 27, 2011, 04:42:50 AM »
I beat Batman Arkham Asylum yesterday morning.  Was a lot of fun, so thanks for the word of encouragement T12.  Going out last night for Black Friday do dads I found Arkham City half off so I have that now.  I'm enjoying it even more than the first.

The first part of the game is clearly the worst. Not horrible on it's own merits, but you just don't get to see the true genius of the game until you get a few gadgets and upgrades.

Arkham City blows it out of the water by the way, and the beginning is fantastic. Have fun, and tell me what you think of the ending. Also do the Riddler puzzles. They're a pain (to get the 400 you need to clear the Riddler rooms that is) but the pay off is worth it. By the way, general tip on those: the Catwoman ones are really easy generally (presuming you bought new anyway). Get those as much as you can.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #1568 on: November 27, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
I'm having an issue getting one of the hostages from the Riddler.  I was pretty much standing on top of where he/she was supposed to be but didn't see anything.  It did say something about a Riddler room, but I have no idea.  I'm at the end of the Museum part now (I think).  I do like the open endedness stuff.  So far my favorite side quest has been Zsasz.  He's so creepy.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1569 on: November 27, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
Fun thing I learnt today: Wales' underdeveloped power grid is only one contributor to its status as a Third World Country.

Hey, we got both our games in. The power cuts kept on for 5 hours after though.  :icon_lol:

Still shocked we managed to win our first two placements, though that was down to your terran marine cheese overcoming my inability to macro anything  :engel:
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #1570 on: November 27, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
My marine/medivac/marauder/viking/thor/siege tank combo isn't easy to overcome. Maybe I should include some ghosts and battlecruisers as well for maximum efficiency.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:20:13 PM by patsy02 »

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #1571 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
I think next time I wont even Dark Templar harass, I'm sure you'll still manage.  :icon_wink:

And stop posting, go study.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #1572 on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »
Yes Mr. White.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #1573 on: November 28, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
Not having Skyrim I've restarted Oblivion this weekend.

I also did a few more Fantasy General battles, nearly got the Ice Continent in the bag, have also completed most research in the mortal units. I'm really bummed I 'upgraded' my Fire Wizards to Earth Masters and then saved the game. They're no upgrade at all!!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1574 on: November 28, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »
I've been doing GT5 on PS3 lately, also some online races with the Dutch/Belgium community of GTHQ.

Also I have been eyeing on CoD:MW3 and/or Battlefield 3. Probably the last one as I do not find Shooters in general pretty exiting, I like to have some strategic element in them instead of just run/jump/shoot/kill.

And I took TitanQuest out of the dust for a few moments of gametime on the pc.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989