home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812395 times)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #2025 on: March 16, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
I like being wrong. It's easier than being right.  :wink:
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2026 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »
Then just disagree with me to be automatically wrong.

:::cheers:::

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #2027 on: March 16, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
Agreeing with you usually puts me on the wrong side.  :engel:

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2028 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:15 PM »
Terrible game, terrible graphics for the time, terrible story with no good voice acting whatsoever.

Utterly tedious, disgraceful waste of a game.

Ha, you definitely don't think that!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #2029 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
Wrong only from your perspective when you are on the wrong side.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #2030 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
Terrible game, terrible graphics for the time, terrible story with no good voice acting whatsoever.

Utterly tedious, disgraceful waste of a game.

Ha, you definitely don't think that!

Duh, I think it's story was so well told it still hasn't been beat in my mind.  :-D

Except perhaps Demons Souls...  :icon_wink:

What a superb demon...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:47:55 PM by MrDWhitey »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2031 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
The villain in BG2 turned out to be way less interesting than he seemed in the initial dungeon. The best part of that game is the section in the city where you do millions of sidequests and leave Imoen to languish in wizard-jail!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #2032 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the ending(s).

I disagree. Strongly.

For the most part, Mass Effect 3 was an excellent game. I'd give it something around 85% for most of the game, a bit lower for some small flaws, a bit higher for some awesome moments. I was not actually moved to tears, but I was definitely, and sometimes deeply, moved a couple of times. A lot of this comes from all the time I've spent with all those characters, long conversations and memorable moments over three games. Just to state I know and appreciate those writers know how to set up some decent payoff.

But the ending... my choices didn't matter, nothing did. I just got presented with three (for my playstyle) undesirable outcomes, and my Shepard, the paragon of hope, just takes it without any discussion, not even a "hell no!" and basically presses one of three buttons, because this apparition tells me that coexistence between organics and synthetics is impossible. Hello? I've just reconciled the Quarians and the fucking Geth, and the unshackled AI aboard my ship is in love with my pilot. Why can't I call bullshit on this? Why am I forced to go along meekly?
So I can destroy the Reapers. Oh wait, that'll include ALL synthetics, including the Geth (a species that just gained full individual self awareness) and EDI. Super. Option two: enslave synthetics. Great. Who needs free will. Sure, I'm suddenly coming around to the Illusive Mans point of view after getting rid of that sucker 5 minutes ago. Option three: I can end all existences everywhere and turn everyone into a non-offensive blend of organic and machine. Shazam! After cooperation and overcoming prejudice is one of the, if not THE, central themes of the series if you play Paragon. Let's eliminate prejusdice by making everyone samey!

I also have no choice but to destroy the mass relays (part of all three endings), thereby effectively ending galactic civilization, dooming every crewmember of the fleet I brought to earth to starve on this desolate wasteland and making all the peace brokering I did completely irrelevant, because hey! No ones having anymore contact with anyone anytime soon. And I'm not even to mention some glaring plot holes, like why the hell was the Normandy in flight through a mass relay while I was at the Catalyst? Desertion?! And lastly, not a peep what happens to the people I did all this with. Nothing.

I'm sorry, but that's not remotely satisfactory. Not as the ending for a pretty straightforward heroes tale in three parts. Hell, I would have been much more okay with Shepard just bleeding out with explosions in the background after he and Anderson had their final moment.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:38:36 AM by Aldaris »

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2033 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »
Origin/EA is a massive ball of suck.

Aldaris and I were just trying to play some ME3 multi (which is actually really good, as I've said before). But, because he installed by disc and I by download, Origin reads us as incompatible by version and we can't play together.

Not shitting anyone in the slightest:

http://noble-press.com/2012/03/mass-effect-3-fail-1-multi-player-not-very-playful/
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #2034 on: March 18, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
Stupid oversight on their part.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #2035 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »

• Members
« Reply #2036 on: March 19, 2012, 07:09:54 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/features/top-five-skyrim-mods-of-the-week-march-17-6366678/

I wonder when someone finally will mod a Demigryphon mount.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2037 on: March 19, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
Stupid oversight on their part.

Wow. "Intriguing" kid. The granddaughter of Kim Jong Il perhaps?
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #2038 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:44 AM »
Kim Jong EvIL

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2039 on: March 19, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
 :smile2:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #2040 on: March 19, 2012, 02:39:59 PM »
Is anyone else already excited about Diablo 3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPvPprX14no

What class will you most likely start with?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2041 on: March 19, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
Still have to play Skyrim, TwoWorlds II, Dragon Age II and the Witcher II. And I am not prepared to pay more than 15 Euro for a game (stingy, I know), so it would have to wait a bit anyway.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2042 on: March 19, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »
You're going to be waiting for another year and a half to get Skyrim for that price.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2043 on: March 19, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
True. Or longer. I waited 3 years to get Oblivion with addons for 20 Euro.

Edit: Funny how prices vary. I bought Gothic 3 in 2009 for 7,5 Euro in the Belgian Mediamarkt, when it still cost 30 Euro in the German Mediamarkt. Same thing for the Witcher.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:05:34 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #2044 on: March 19, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
I'm just playing Oblivion now because a buddy gave it to me.  It's fun, but it's weird knowing that the world has moved on. :blush:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2045 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
Well, last year I played Morrowind and the original Neverwinter Nights again. I still like to play HOMM3.

Edit: by the way, there is a great Total Conversion of Oblivion: http://www.nehrim.de/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:27:26 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2046 on: March 19, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
Fidelis, are you coming to the EB?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #2047 on: March 19, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
I've been more or less avoiding this site after ME3 to avoid spoilers.  I have not yet played the game but I have heard it has a terribly written ending.  I think I know why...

In a few weeks I'll get the game and see what all the hubub is about.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2048 on: March 19, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »
Without referring to the ending at all, it was solely written by Mac Walters. He also wrote the (REALLY MINOR SPOILERS IN SMALL TEXT) dream sequences, and beginning with almost no input from the rest of the writing staff.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #2049 on: March 19, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
Who are those guys? Bad writers?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.