home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812395 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #3200 on: December 22, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »
My favorite is the crusade one, followed by britannia.  The americas one is pretty lame IMO.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #3201 on: December 22, 2012, 06:03:33 AM »
Brittania's the best by far, and try the Norse. Or Danish or whatever they're called. Huge-giant axe warrior charges all day erry day.

Norwegians, and I gotta go with Celts and Scots first.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3202 on: December 22, 2012, 06:45:14 AM »
My favorite is the crusade one, followed by britannia.  The americas one is pretty lame IMO.

It is, but it's interesting to play as Native Americans.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #3203 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:04 AM »
Brittania's the best by far, and try the Norse. Or Danish or whatever they're called. Huge-giant axe warrior charges all day erry day.

By Celts do you mean the Welsh? Those longbows are fun.

Ironically probably the most boring faction to play is the English because they have the most starting territory and least interesting units.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3204 on: December 22, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »

It is, but it's interesting to play as Native Americans.
It was kinda fun. Didn't match up to any of the other ones though
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #3205 on: December 22, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »

Ironically probably the most boring faction to play is the English because they have the most starting territory and least interesting units.
England only exists to be conquered by Welshmen and vikings. The teutonic campaign is pretty good too, but the map restriction is a bit annoying.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #3206 on: December 22, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »

Meant Irish, but I was tired, then I tried to sleep, then the duty phone rang. So now I am playing again.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #3207 on: December 22, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
Dishonored is half price on steam!

I bought it.  Will try it out this week.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3208 on: December 22, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
Meant Irish, but I was tired, then I tried to sleep, then the duty phone rang. So now I am playing again.

Ypu are called to play on the duty phone? Nice job you must have.  :biggriin:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #3209 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »
Well I got in bed around 1:45am, then the duty phone rang at 5:45am, tried to sleep, watched "Hell" on netflix, couldnt fall asleep in recliner, booted steam back up and united ireland, now on to take england from this ninnies!

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3210 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:48 PM »
playing ME1 again, doing all the missions, plan to import him to ME2 and eventually finish the fight by picking up ME3.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #3211 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
Just beat the original doom  :laugh: Now I wish I had wolfenstien
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3212 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »
playing ME1 again, doing all the missions, plan to import him to ME2 and eventually finish the fight by picking up ME3.

I really liked 1 and 2, but never bought 3 for some reason.  I didn't ever really get into the setting, but the "decisions have consequences" mechanics were amazing.  I've never been emotionally investing to the point of being physically stressed by a video game, except for the final mission of ME3.  I mean, my fictional character's feelings for another fictional character interfered with the mission...amazing.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #3213 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »
ME3 is good, but disappointing. If you get it, turn it off when the platform rises. You'll know what I mean.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3214 on: December 23, 2012, 01:13:47 AM »
playing 1 and I dont think this is a spoiler but, why didnt the alliance dispatch a fleet to save the colonists on Fero?  I mean I had plenty of time to pick up liara and do every possible side mission before that and I still have noveria and fero to do.  The alliance could have been there long before I was.  Hell I even suggested to the colonists to have my ship go and get some supplies and come back!  Admiral Hacket is on Sheperds speed dial!

I have to say it feels good to pick up 1 again even if it is tedious and annoying at parts.  But being able to hang out with Wrex, Liara, Ash, and Garrus pre heroic BSOD is just great.  Garrus and Tali was always my favorit away team but this time around I am giving everyone a chance to come along...except Keidan.  Seriously he is the least interesting of all the characters for me.  Fuck that guy (not literally like in ME3).

after wrapping up Fero, Ashley and Liara are confronting me about who I choose.  So its basically between a gung ho tasha yar from ST:TNG or a socially awkward psychic book worm archeologist.  Or I could go with neither and get none before the final mission.

Honestly I always liked Tali in 1 and being able to be paired with her in 2 was awesome (actually any of her mission especially her loyalty mission was extremely fun in ME2) but Ashley and Liara come back for 3 so its weird.  Oh and Miranda was not very interesting IMHO.  She was like the slutty girl from school who kind of just wanted to hook up but not really have a relationship.  Just kind of there without much substance.  Jack was too crazy bitch for me to even consider.

I have yet to touch ME3 but based off the rumors I have heard (avoiding spoilers) the ending was crap but IDA.  I need to finish this saga eventually.  But the general consensus is M3<ME1<ME2 I think.

edit: also the main menu music in ME1 is so enchanting and soothing.  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:23:55 AM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3215 on: December 23, 2012, 01:22:15 AM »
Just beat the original doom 

Retro!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #3216 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:21 AM »
playing 1 and I dont think this is a spoiler but, why didnt the alliance dispatch a fleet to save the colonists on Fero?  I mean I had plenty of time to pick up liara and do every possible side mission before that and I still have noveria and fero to do.  The alliance could have been there long before I was.  Hell I even suggested to the colonists to have my ship go and get some supplies and come back!  Admiral Hacket is on Sheperds speed dial!

Because there's no set order! I almost always do Fero first. Dunno why.

Consensus order is ME2>1>3, but 3's easily better than 1 or 2 until the last 5 minutes. Right up there as my favorite game of all time until those last 5 minutes.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3217 on: December 23, 2012, 02:56:27 AM »

Because there's no set order! I almost always do Fero first. Dunno why.

Consensus order is ME2>1>3, but 3's easily better than 1 or 2 until the last 5 minutes. Right up there as my favorite game of all time until those last 5 minutes.
But when you ask anderson about feros he said its under geth attack.  They could of had you on the ground with Alliance forces and help beat back the geth and take care of the colonists.

I went with Liara.  Mainly because Ash rubs me the wrong was as far as coupling.  That and I am really only doing this so I can relive my original character (who ended up with liars in ME1) but this time around I wanted to choose to save the council so I can port it to ME2 and not make anderson a council member.  Honestly I like that set up way better in ME2 but it requires me going back and reliving ME1.  Which is still fun even if the mako is annoying and the side missions feel like grind quests.  And I hate micro managing my team.  Which is why when I first played I stuck with 2 characters the whole time and only suited up a 3rd if the mission was going to force me with them.
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3218 on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
To all those venturing in skyrim and want a holiday feel.  Here are some x-mas mods for skyrim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljctGL5OYw
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3219 on: December 25, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »
Bit annoyed with steam. Bought the aforementioned thq bundle.

I DONT get extra copies of the coh games, which I already have, to gift and I don't think it'll let me gift the games I don't want (saints row) to other people
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3220 on: December 25, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »
Another glaring plot hole from ME1.  The council doesnt believe my visions or my story, and yet all asari can mind meld and see my vision.  One of the council members is asari.  HAVE HER MIND MELD WITH ME!
 ::heretic::

So here is something weird.  I have played the beginning of ME2 5 times, 2 of them with import characters.  One that went with Liara, another that went with neither liara or ashley.  All 5 of those times Ashley has been in the begining of ME2 saying that they wont leave me on the ship.  Now this time around its Liara.  WTF?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:37:17 AM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #3221 on: December 25, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
I liked Mass Effect 3 till the last third when I realised I was going to be disappointed and then duly was. I even got upset enough to go moan on their forums about it with the other 50,000 people who thought it was shit.

Which is a sign that their series was good but handled wrong!

My sister loved it. She doesn't have a great taste in stories mind.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #3222 on: December 27, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
I DONT get extra copies of the coh games, which I already have, to gift and I don't think it'll let me gift the games I don't want (saints row) to other people
Of course not! Maximum profit.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3223 on: December 27, 2012, 04:41:28 PM »
My wife got me Dishonored for Christmas.  Haven't played it much.  Plot looks good so far, though.  Don't like that it's in first person only.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3224 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Of course not! Maximum profit.

:(

I bought loads of games you and whitey have. Now to order the PC
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.