home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812377 times)

Offline towishimp

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #3250 on: January 05, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
No one playing Black Ops II?  I am 7th presitge and going to hit mastery this time I swear!

I am.  The multiplayer is excellent, and very balanced.  I think I'm toward the end of fourth prestige, and pondering stopping (as I many of the unlocks I prefer are at the upper level).
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #3251 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
Empire Total War would be good if it wasn't for the clunky controls. Also France has one territory and is very easy to wipe out.

Napoleon basically made a good version of Europe for Empire but then only let you play with 5 factions which is a bit repetitive.

Then Shogun is reaaaaaaaaaally repetitive as it has 1 faction.

I'm playing Dead Island and enjoying hitting Zombies with my stereotypical black man and his hammers.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3252 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
Are you on PC dead island?

Steam encore sale: rendering the rest of the sale entirely pointless.

I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #3253 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
Fraid not! Am on PS3.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3254 on: January 06, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
so I finished my playthrough as male shepard both through ME1 and ME2 (again!) with all the decisions I wanted to make.  I am glad that after the end of ME2 you can walk around and talk to the crew.  I talked to legion and he played a recording from 200+years ago of an early geth asking their master if they had a soul.  It was chilling yet awesome.

Now to do a playthrough of ME1 and ME2 as female shepard and then I can finally go and get ME3.

I think I may take a break and go kill some pirates on a tropical island with a flame thrower in Farcry 3 though.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #3255 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:50 AM »
My brother finally beat ME3, so he handed it over to me.  I played a few hours earlier in the week...and then played for about 12 hours straight yesterday.  It's an amazing game, but the story has been absolutely gutting so far.  I'm loving all the callbacks...like everyone you ever met in the first two games makes at least a cameo appearance in ME3.

Also, what was I thinking bringing Ashley and Tali (both former love interests) on a mission together.  That's a bush league mistake, and I thought I was better than that!
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #3256 on: January 06, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »
so I finished my playthrough as male shepard both through ME1 and ME2 (again!) with all the decisions I wanted to make.  I am glad that after the end of ME2 you can walk around and talk to the crew.  I talked to legion and he played a recording from 200+years ago of an early geth asking their master if they had a soul.  It was chilling yet awesome.

Now to do a playthrough of ME1 and ME2 as female shepard and then I can finally go and get ME3.

I think I may take a break and go kill some pirates on a tropical island with a flame thrower in Farcry 3 though.

If I was whitey I'd make a post something like this:

"Haha. I did this and it was pointless."

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3257 on: January 06, 2013, 04:43:28 AM »
been a minute since i've seen the panda man.  how have you been?

So I am looking at steam and there are 3 games I am interested in.  Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and Hitman:absolution.  All 3 are currently 50%off ($30).  Is it worth getting any of these or am I better off avoiding these games until they are under $10 (probably 2-4 years from now)
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3258 on: January 06, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Borderlands two is really good but needs Coop

Pass the machete.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3259 on: January 06, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
I think Dishonored is worth $30 for sure.  I'm playing it now and it's really good.

I'm not the best at sneaking around apparently, though, so more casualties than I would like.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #3260 on: January 06, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
Dishonored and Hitman are worth it for sure.

Wiss- don't worry too much about it. Game is way more fun when you just kind of roll with your screw-ups.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3261 on: January 06, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
Feanor Fireheart the assault guy got murdered by mutons, and poor Padre the medic got killed by advanced floater grenades while saving two rookies from certain death while half my best men were unavailable for a mission. All 12 of the aliens on the crashed UFO ambushed them in the flank :/ Padre's brave stand saved those rookies and gave Rufus "Ginger" Sparkfire time to reload and wreck face with rapid fire plasma rifle shots.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #3262 on: January 06, 2013, 04:12:26 PM »
Wiss- don't worry too much about it. Game is way more fun when you just kind of roll with your screw-ups.

Yeah, I finally just came to that realization last night.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3263 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »

Yeah, I finally just came to that realization last night.
thats also part of the fun of farcry3 haha!  I shot a cage filled with dogs open so they could attack the pirates in the fort then I could pick them off with a sniper rifle.  Well the dogs instead ran away and the pirates chased them.  Guess which way the dogs ran?  yup right past me bringing all the pirates in the camp smack dab on my position.  Many medicine syringes, enemy reinforcements and enemy molotov cocktails later the entire hill I was on was burned to a crisp and I took the fort.

Dishonored and Hitman are worth it for sure.
but which one if you only had to pick one?
Borderlands two is really good but needs Coop
my clan AWOL plays it but lately they have all been hooked on the free game Hawken.  I downloaded it last night and its a pretty good mech warrior game.  Highly recommend it.  also did I mention its free?

Feanor Fireheart the assault guy got murdered by mutons, and poor Padre the medic got killed by advanced floater grenades while saving two rookies from certain death while half my best men were unavailable for a mission. All 12 of the aliens on the crashed UFO ambushed them in the flank :/ Padre's brave stand saved those rookies and gave Rufus "Ginger" Sparkfire time to reload and wreck face with rapid fire plasma rifle shots.
HAHAHA honestly if I had to choose one of the classes to be, it would be assault. Ah well.  :::cheers:::
― Jake the Dog

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #3264 on: January 06, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
I only just started Hitman but Dishonored is well worth it. Either or really.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #3265 on: January 06, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
The Witcher 2 is amazing.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3266 on: January 06, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
HAHAHA honestly if I had to choose one of the classes to be, it would be assault. Ah well.  :::cheers:::

I was honestly upset to lose him. He wrecked face. Still, I have two other decent assault guys besides Rufus, so all is well.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #3267 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
will I come back?
― Jake the Dog

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3268 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
and gave Rufus "Ginger" Sparkfire time to reload and wreck face with rapid fire plasma rifle shots.

Hurrah for me, apparently!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3269 on: January 07, 2013, 12:50:54 AM »
reincarnations of you died so many times on my game rufus.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3270 on: January 07, 2013, 12:52:17 AM »
If it helped end the terrible alien menace, it was worth it!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3271 on: January 07, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »
I actually never did the final mission...
the game sort of peters out once you have flying plasma sniper dudes and invisible plasma rifle and alloy shotgun dudes who can mind control the enemy.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3272 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:50 AM »
Oh. Surely you should have gone to Mars to shoot the giant brain, or whatever happens in the new game.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3273 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:03 AM »
will I come back?

Surely. I have a new Assault guy who's doing well, so I'll probably rename him soon. My wife is a badass sniper with psi abilities. Makes sense to me.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #3274 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
I got Assassins Creed III on MrDWhiteys recommendation, and I like it so far.

Yes, you have to look for new features with a magnifying glass, but it's fun. I wouldn't have minded if Haytham had been the protagonist for the entire game though. He's more fun than Connor.