home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812402 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #5125 on: July 10, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
hehe that was kai lang (if im spelling it right) he is what darth maul should have been.

Considering that Kai Leng was the stupidest character in Mass Effect - an achievement in itself - that's a bit unfair to Darth Maul. Who was quite cool and would have been way cooler than Mr NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Skywalker.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5126 on: July 10, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
Why did he stab my car?
Loltastic
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5127 on: July 10, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »
hehe that was kai lang (if im spelling it right) he is what darth maul should have been.

Considering that Kai Leng was the stupidest character in Mass Effect - an achievement in itself - that's a bit unfair to Darth Maul. Who was quite cool and would have been way cooler than Mr NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Skywalker.
Maul was the red shirt (face?) of sith lords. Sure he killed qui-gon but there was no development.  At least with kai leng he is starting up a rivalry with shepard.  More character development than Maul.

Why did he stab my car?
Loltastic
to make it crash. Space ninjas!  :-P
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5128 on: July 10, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
Shoot it or use biotics!

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5129 on: July 10, 2013, 07:52:06 PM »
he's kai leng, he has no gun, only a sword. As for the biotics, well its just cooler to be like"fuck yo car bitch" face to face I guess.  :mrgreen:

I'll comment more on him later as you get through the story. I wont spoil it.  :::cheers:::
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5130 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:14 PM »
It wasn't cooler!

It made me think of the picture if the commissar in the leman Russ, 'drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword'

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5131 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »
I was joking finlay! and I agree with you fully. Toss a warp at the car and I am sure it would have crashed.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #5132 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »

Maul was the red shirt (face?) of sith lords. Sure he killed qui-gon but there was no development.  At least with kai leng he is starting up a rivalry with shepard.  More character development than Maul.

Why did he stab my car?
Loltastic
to make it crash. Space ninjas!  :-P

He didn't need any character development. He was the assassin for the Emperor/Sith. He was there to go around killing people. No development is better than rubbish development! See Anakin for that.

Kai Leng is a stupid space ninja that doesn't really make any sense whose portrayed as being Shepards equal! He comes out of no where and is just a big silly cliche. Plus swords in space! Every other person uses a gun for a good reason!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5133 on: July 10, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
a villain with no development is no villain at all IMHO. And what with biotics I dont see swords as obsolete though definitely less efficient what with omni-blades!  Also I would never consider Kai Leng my equal, more like he wants to be better than me but fails.  Kind of like how the redskins think they are cowboy's rival.  Most cowboy fans dont see it that way and view the eagles as more their rivals.

sorry but kai leng > than darth maul for me.  Maul was less menacing/interesting.  Sure he was a badass and I am not disputing that, just not as interesting for me.  If they made Maul like Kai leng and stretched him across the first 3 movies it could have been better. Maybe make that a reason why Anakin wants to be more powerful, to kill maul thus fall to the darkside.  But w/e I would have rewritten the entire prequel trilogy.  But that's a different topic entirely.
― Jake the Dog

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #5134 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
Kai Leng is a stupid space ninja that doesn't really make any sense whose portrayed as being Shepards equal! He comes out of no where and is just a big silly cliche. Plus swords in space! Every other person uses a gun for a good reason!

Yeah, wasn't a big Kai Leng fan, either.  His "rivalry" with Shepherd seemed very forced and I didn't understand where it was supposed to be coming from.  Sibling rivalry for the Illusive Man's approval?  Not buying it; the way I played my character, I hated that guy.  It would've made more sense to just play him straight as the mindless assassin that he is.  I loved Mass Effect 3, but he was a rare weak spot.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5135 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »
I agree with you towishimp.  would have been more interesting if kai leng turned out to be the squadmate you left to die in ME1 or something and they were a mindless revenge tool against you or something. I was not saying kai leng is perfect (really was forced with the whole rivalry thing, but he served his purpose as the dragon) just saying he was more interesting than maul.
― Jake the Dog

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #5136 on: July 11, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »
Ah the Steam Summer Sale is upon us..... $10 for Dragonborn out of the gate but will it get cheaper....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:01:07 PM by S.O.F »
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5137 on: July 11, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
Bioshock: Infinite is 50% off.  I know what I am doing after work today.  :blush:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5138 on: July 11, 2013, 11:24:10 PM »
Do you wait till the last day of steam sale, when they out everything back con sale?

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5139 on: July 11, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
Depends on the game but seeing as this is a fairly new release i think I'll just grab it now, doubt it will be lower.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5140 on: July 12, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »
Steam servers can't handle it!

Pass the machete.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #5141 on: July 12, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »
Steam servers can't handle it!

Yeah they are really struggling at least of sales release point (so every 8 hours). Borderlands 2 and its DLC 66% off won the first round of voting new round isn't so interesting.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #5142 on: July 12, 2013, 08:26:45 AM »
Does someone know a similar game as a Disciples 2 to be on Steam sale right now? Fantasy, rpg isonometric, map traveling,  with turn based gameplay, possibly with character and units advancement? Besides HoMM. ;)
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5143 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
wow, life sized costume....

curious how he walks in it.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5144 on: July 12, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »

Don't let Shadowwolf see this - it's much bigger than his SM costume

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #5145 on: July 12, 2013, 08:14:50 PM »
Onwards, to some more Jagged Alliance 2!

Friday evening with some beers, a good game and nothing to do: awesome.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5146 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:44 AM »
so far saints row the third is totally worth it!
― Jake the Dog

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #5147 on: July 13, 2013, 05:06:24 AM »
we need to start a thread for trading steam playing cards, or do it here
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #5148 on: July 13, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
What do you get from trading cards?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5149 on: July 13, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
What do you get from trading cards?

Cards.

:closed-eyes:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?