home

Author Topic: Incoming Price Increase on Some Things  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Incoming Price Increase on Some Things
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
On the community site today GW announced and upcoming price increase on paint and some Start Collecting sets.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/a-quick-heads-up/

Hiya folks,

In the spirit of openness, we’ve got a quick bit of news for you today: as of the 4th of February this year, the price of paints and some of the Start Collecting! sets will change.

Paint pots will have a small increase of 20 pence per pot (or local currency equivalent). The paint sets, though, will have no change, making them an even better way to round out your painting arsenal.

The Start Collecting! sets are going up a little too, but you’ll still save at least 20% over buying the contents individually and in some cases more like 40%!

Happy painting,

– The Warhammer Community Team

I've seen some people speculating that both are a pre-emptive move in regards to Brexit, and there's also some people saying the paint price increase is throughout the industry because of something involving China and supplies. So if you've been holding off on a Start Collecting or some paints, now might be a good time to pick them up.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Incoming Price Increase on Some Things
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 07:03:10 PM »
I was just in a hobby shop this morning. Unloading an ho collection. Testor’s acrylic paints were  $4.89 cdn. Good price and I think there is a bit more paint. Havnt tried testors for 40 years when they were oil. Anyone try them out lately and how is there quality?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I will probably buy the next from the third market, it tends to be cheaper.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:12:48 AM »
Anybody got a link a list of the start collecting sets?  Might pick one up before 2/4, but we'll see.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »
I'm sure I missed some but here's the list I put together the other day.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/searchResults?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=3866105040972459353&qty=&sorting=&view=&Ntt=start+collecting

Fantasy/AoS
Ironjaws Orcs
Malignant Undead
Khorne Bloodbound
Khorne Bloodbound Goreblade Warband
Kharadron Overlords
Beastclaw Raiders
Sylvaneth
Flesh Eater Court
Skaven Clan Pestilence
Stormcast vanguard
Slaves to Darkness
Seraphon
Skeleton Hordes
Fyreslayers (I've specifically seen this one mentioned as likely going up in price because of the big beastie in the kit.)
Beasts of Chaos

Dark Eldar
Necrons
Tyranids
Deathwatch
IG Stormtroopers
Orks
Skitarii
Space marines
Imperial guard
Chaos Space Marines
Blood Angels